Username Post: Fiskars Stamp Press        (Topic#1576385)
bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Okay, I just have to ask... has anyone else had trouble with the Fiskars Stamp Press?

I bought one, based on lots of glowing reviews, and having seen them in action on various YouTube videos - but I have yet to get a good impression with mine. No matter how much I press/smoosh/rub on this thing, some part of my stamp doesn't come through. Admittedly, I'm still a fairly new stamper, but I'm not having any trouble - with the same stamps - using an acrylic block.

My stamp press is new, and I've always stored it "feet up", so the little sponge legs don't get smooshed. I've honestly wondered if there's some way I got one that's warped, though I can't tell, if it is. Just curious if there's some trick I'm missing, or if anyone has any suggestions. It sure would be a useful little tool, if it worked.
Products Referenced in This Post:

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz
In response to bashfulscrapper

Try stamping over something that has a little "give"...like a magazine or a mouse pad. Hope this helps.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to krazy4kardz

I bought a foam pad (found in the art section) and use that whenever I stamp and I always get a nice, crisp image.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to scarlet864

Thanks! I'll give the soft surface a try, and just keep practicing.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Keep trying..I love mine. I do have better success when I use something squishy underneath..I bought a 12 by 18 sheet of craft foam to use. That is the bright colored stuff you buy in sheets for a lot of kids crafts. It is cheap.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
Keep trying..I love mine. I do have better success when I use something squishy underneath..I bought a 12 by 18 sheet of craft foam to use. That is the bright colored stuff you buy in sheets for a lot of kids crafts. It is cheap.

Thanks! My "squishy thing" isn't very big, so I'm going to look for that craft foam on my next scrappy shopping trip. And thanks for the encouragement - I'll keep trying.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Did you find the craft foam? It is in a 12 by 18 size or also the size of a standard sheet of paper. I get mine at the big box craft store.. mine is bright yellow. That way I can always find it.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
Did you find the craft foam? It is in a 12 by 18 size or also the size of a standard sheet of paper. I get mine at the big box craft store.. mine is bright yellow. That way I can always find it.

Yes! (Took me a while - I live in the "sticks", so I have to plan out my shopping expeditions.) I found a nice big bright red piece of foam, and I gave it a try. (I almost went for a black one, but I remembered your comment about "easy to find", LOL.) It worked! It's the first time I've got a decent impression with the Fiskars stamp press.

I must confess - having tried it several times, several ways, I wasn't overly optimistic that this would work, but it was worth a try (and if it didn't work, I could always find another creative use for the foam). I'm thrilled! Looks like I won't have to add my stamp press to the list of "things I wish I hadn't bought".

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Glad it worked for you. Now you can enjoy the press. It's awful when you spend money on some sort of tool or gadget and then you don't like it because it doesn't work like you thought it would. Fiskars customer service is the best in the craft tool industry. They actually employ an ergonomic engineer. Happy Stamping.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics