Username Post: Help me decide        (Topic#1576387)
Tenant

Hello every one.. Am very new to scrapbooking.. I have only few basic supplies.. I need a little help from you guys.. I saw a good deal on Martha Stewart's Large circle cutter in a local craft store. I went ahead and bought it, but now am just wondering if it is a good investment? How much will it be usefull?

most of you would be using Circle cutters or punches. What do you people suggest. Do i keep it with me or return it.

Am confused..

Janetone
Veteran
Janetone
In response to archie_contact

I use my circle cutter a lot. I'm pretty new to this too, but it was one of the first things I purchased. I use it to cut circles out of photos when there is just a certain face or thing I want to use or to cut circle emblishments. You can also use circles from matching papers to make cute designs on your page or card. I think you will find it very useful.

kellyshoaf
Idol
kellyshoaf
In response to Janetone

I think it is a very useful tool. What would happen to me is that I would return it and then a week or so later just want to kick myself because I need a circle and don't have it. BUT, if you do plan on getting any kind of die-cut machine, you could return it and add it to that "kiddie" as a die-cutter will do circles in various sizes for you.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to kellyshoaf

I have shape cutters that go with a cutting system from creative memories that I use a lot. However, I also use my cricut machine to cut out shapes, etc. I'm sure you will use the circle cutter, however, if you can afford it, you may want to think about getting a die cut machine such as a cricut. Enjoy your new hobby. But, be forwarned, it is addicting.

deedee w
Resident
deedee w

I would definitely keep it. I have bought many templates and punches in the past 8 years that I've regretted. But not my circle cutting system from Creative Memories. I use it to cut coordinating paper or for journaling spots.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I'm hoping my hubby bought me the Martha Stewart circle cutters for my birthday. I have a cricut, but I want the cutters to make quick circles without having to pull out the cricut, get out the mat... I love my cricut and cameo, but also like the quick tools too, such as the cuttlebug and hopefully circle cutters. (My birthday was in April, but we haven't had time for a family party yet...so I'm patiently waiting and hoping.~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mrsdriver5

I use the Dinerware system

I trace a plate, pot top or tupperware bowl and cut the thing out

No seriously, if it was a good deal, I'd keep it!

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

I don't know much about the circle punches, I own very, very few punches (just too expensive to get into). When I first started scrapbooking I bought the Fiskars shape cutter and a circle template. I think that you will get mixed feelings about it here, but I haven't had any problems with it. It does take a steady hand and you have to make sure that the template has the right side up, but for cutting out pictures into circles of different sizes it has worked fine.

deedee w
Resident
deedee w
In response to CommaHolly

Love it! I've actually done this, too. Various plates, cereal bowls, or glassware for small circles. Whatever works!

kobe2256
Queen
kobe2256
In response to deedee w

I'm a big fan of the circle cutter because I have a fondness for designs with circles. I used to trace around plates, etc and cut circles out with scissors but was never happy with my edges.

Edited by kobe2256 on 05-27-12 04:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

One of the things I love most are me basic shaped dies by Quickutz/Lifestyle Crafts. They have lots of dies in one pack.

ItsPronounced_Abear
Tenant
ItsPronounced_Abear
In response to TheCharmedOne

MS usually makes good products, so I'd say keep it. I love my circle sqeeze punch, just wish it could do different sizes. Don't be like me, I bought a cheapo circle cutter from WM and it's just HORRIBLE.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to ItsPronounced_Abear

I use circles on nearly everything.

I originally bought a rubbish circle cutter which I didn't get on with. Then when I got my Cuttlebug die cutter and a set of nesting circles, that was it - the circle cutter went in the back of the drawer and hasn't seen the light of day since. For bigger circles I'm with Holly - dinner plates are the perfect size for big circles.

But that's just me. If you get on with the circle cutter and love circles then it's a good investment.

Tenant
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Thank you all for your replies and ideas.. I have decided to keep my circle cutter. I just used it to cut a few circles for my next LO.. Hope to complete it soon and upload it to my gallery.
Happy Scrapping...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics