Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Messy scrapper        (Topic#1576409)
res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d

I'm all about organization!! But when I'm creating my room looks like a disaster!! I find my best ideas come from the chaos!! Anyone else a disaster scrapper?

www.scrapitsplendid.blogspot.com

Edited by res19s2d on 07-09-12 03:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan
In response to res19s2d

I'm a little bit of a disaster scrapper... but I always clean up after EVERY project, even if I am getting into another one right afterwards.

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to Crafty Nautolan

As long as I have my trimmer within reach and not hidden, my ATG right beside me and my photos, I am all set. The rest may look like chaos to some people, but it's not for me! In my head, I know where everything is!

My biggest problem (I figured this out at the retreat I recently went to) was I don't have an efficient way to store 12 X 12 paper so I can see it all in a quick glance. =/

Expert
In response to MrsD2008

I could probably win the prize for the messiest scrapper. ( I guess that's not a good thing, but...it's true). I'll be sitting and never move, and I can't find my tape runner, or even my trimmer. I really need to be more organized when I scrap.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-16-12 06:05 PM
In response to deedee49

I'm normally VERY organized with everything. But when I start scrapping, chaos reigns. I am a mess... papers everywhere, embellies all over the place. I think I'm going to start with one paper, then I change my mind. I don't put that paper back because I might still use it, and before I know it I have several sheets of paper, stickers, flowers, etc all over the place. I force myself to clean up periodically, but I've given up on "keeping it clean" because to me, when inspiration finally hits, I don't want to lose it while I go put something away.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to Vae

I clean up after each project and moan and groan the whole time!! I always promise myself that I'm not going to make such a mess lol(:

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman
In response to res19s2d

I am constantly organizing and cleaning before I scrap, and after, but my desk is crazy when I scrap though. I work better with chaos as I am creating.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Andra Hoffman

I don't mind the chaos while I am working on a project, but as soon as it is finished, I have to clean my work area. Everything goes back in its place so I can find it all when I'm ready to start a new project.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to pwiswell

total disaster scrapper here,,,,,I only clean when I can't find a thing anymore

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to res19s2d

• res19s2d Said:
I clean up after each project and moan and groan the whole time!! I always promise myself that I'm not going to make such a mess lol(:

I do the same thing only I clean once I week when my hubby comes home from work for the weekend, it gets pretty bad, its in our bedroom so I kinda have to clean or hubby gets snippy!! LOL

Veteran
In response to simplycrafty

When it gets to the point where I am frustrated and I can 't find anything then I start cleaning.I do seem to get creative in Chaos.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to SHARON ELISE

I'm really trying hard to be more organized about it!! But it's so easy to make a mess when I scrap!!(:

Bug4115
Resident
Bug4115
In response to res19s2d

to say the least, some of my layouts come from me setting something down looking for something else and liking that better. although its great to be able to find what you are looking for, its more fun to accidentally find a good layout or project.

elizabeth_C
Veteran
elizabeth_C
In response to Bug4115

I make a mess when I am making a page. I clean up when I am finished creating.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to elizabeth_C

I'm another who is normally anally organised (except right now because we've just moved house and everything is in a mess and I HATE it), but when I'm scrapping I seem to manage to cover every horizontal surface within arm's reach. {scratches head in wonder}

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Totally disaster scrapper here!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
total disaster scrapper here,,,,,I only clean when I can't find a thing anymore

Yep, this! --------^

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to katiemylady

I try to clean after I finish a project...but the trouble is I always have several projects going at once which means several messes to dig through. I usually only have enough clean surface space on my desk to fit a 12x12 page

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have a couple projects going also. I keep walking past my craft room knowing I need to get my chaos organized but I'm just not wanting to! It's my only messy thing I do.... Everything else about me is organized and clean.

Madding
New Kid On the Block
Madding
In response to res19s2d

I scrap at the kitchen table so I have to clean up every day before dinnertime!

I really love organizing though, so it's not that bad.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics