Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Messy scrapper        (Topic#1576409)
mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Madding

I clean up after every page, otherwise I get frustrated with my mess. If I'm in the middle of a project and want to do something else, I put everything in a 12x12 plastic "envelope". I got a bunch at Mike's for $1/each. I can keep everything together for a page/album/or just ideas for future projects. Of course I have to make sure to keep all my envelopes neatly stacked or they become a whole 'nother mess

New Kid On the Block
In response to Madding

I make a mess when I am making a page

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Darlene339

I put my cutter on my husband's desk and make my mess over on his side of the room. He always has to clean up my paper timmings. He gets out his garbage can several times a day and cleans up my mess.

My desk can get really messy but the paper scraps end up on his.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Henri Jean

I keep a 12x12 lidded box near my table. If I'm not "in the mood" to clean after a project, I just scooch everything off into that box. At least my desk looks clean! Of course I still have to empty that box periodically, but at least I can see the top of my desk.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dwelch

I have a similar method to Darla actually. I have a couple of letter trays; one contains plastic wallets with white card and paper scraps in, and the other is my dumping place for the scraps while I'm working. Every so often I go through it and transfer them to my proper scraps concertina folder. Or the recycle bin.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to RedSquirrel

My room is organized and clean UNTIL I start scrapping- then chaos reigns. But, as soon as I finish the page or pages I clean everything up.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to idlewoman

Seems like I'm not alone in my chaos!! lol(:

JESblankets
New Kid On the Block
JESblankets
In response to res19s2d

i am messy, too!!!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to JESblankets

A paper mess just means we had some fun!

Sometimes it drives me crazy But, when I see my end result, it makes me giddy.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Ditto everything u said, I pull out anything I might remotely use, then don't put back what I decide doesn't work, so my scrap table looks like a bomb hit it most of the time! Lately I've been better at cleaning up when I finish a project, because I can't get motivated to create if I have to start by cleaning up the clutter!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to chocolateaxel

I just posted a picture of my disaster when I'm scrapping!!! Please tell me y'all are all this messy(;

www.scrapitsplendid.blogspot.com

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to res19s2d

I think I am worse because I have my floor full of scraps that I can't use. My floor looks like confetti and strings of paper everywhere.

Resident
In response to pamela.tx

i'm terrible with mess, i have my spare room set up for my scrap room, the problem there is that theres still alot of stuff in there thats "spare room storage stuff" then add the warzone of my scrapping and voila !! your climbing your way over to the chair lol.

i also find at times i like to scrap in the loungeroom while i watch tv...then the coffee table, the lounge all around me ends up a warzone, then to clean up quickly, usually because a visitor shows up...i throw everything into plastic bags and take it back to the scraproom then promptly forget about it, then wonder why i can't find anything lol.

my biggest problem at the moment is i need to start storage solutions, my supplies are growing at a fast rate...every time i'm at the shops, i come home with something new lol

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to dee.is.me

My dining room is pretty much my scraproom. I have everything I need there.

I have a rack with my printer on top and envelopes and bulk paper; 2nd shelf is my paper bins; 3rd shelf is all my stamps,ink pads, tool kits, and my bottom shelf is albums, Cricut cartridges, and scrap boxes. That's just 1 part of my area! I have my sewing maching, Cricut Machine area, then I have my drawers of embellishments, punches, etc. I try to stay organized but since my honey moved in with me I haven't been able to keep as organized as I would like because he has too many boxes taking up space.....UGH!

SueLovesToScrap
Veteran
SueLovesToScrap
In response to Madding

I clean between projects but oh my what a mess when I'm working on one!!! I tend to lay out all of my papers and embellishments with my photos to see what I like best and the best place to do that seems to be the craft room floor. I should have a warning sign on the door..."Watch your step!"

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to SueLovesToScrap

I'm such a messy Marvin when I'm scrapping!! My floor will usually end up with my tools on it!! Score board, folders that I store stamps!! I do clean up when I'm finished with a project!!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to res19s2d

I'm messy when I scrap but try to straighten up after making a page. Seems like I am always in-between big organizational projects and I call that fun!!!

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to wilbur

I'm a messy scrapper too! Unfortunately I do not have a scraproom to call my own so I do most of my scrapbooking on a table downstairs and all of my supplies are in the laundry room. It ends up more messy because I have to lug stuff out of the laundry room. I do have to clean up once I'm done though, otherwise some curious kitties can get into my stuff!

daschweder
Veteran
daschweder
In response to nrskrs

I am a messy scrapper too. I have a trash can near by but things usually don't wind up there till I am done. I try to be as neat as I can but things get carried away.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to daschweder

Is there any other way to scrap then being messy!!! LOL I have stuff every where when I scrap. There is stuff on my desk and on the floor and I have draws that I just keep hanging open. I don't even have that big of a space but I sure know how to fill it up when I am scrapping

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics