Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Journal spot, tags and labels?        (Topic#1576481)
Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom

do you use these on your layouts or projects?
Do you use the stickers or die cuts that come in packages or kits?
Do you make your own journaling spots? if so what do you use to create your own spots?

I have ink pads and clear journaling stamps but I only made one and I didn't use it yet. What products do you use to create your journal spots or tags.? Do you make them in advance and take them out when you need them or do you make them as you go along with your projects?
Products Referenced in This Post:

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Crystal is Leahs Mom

Sometimes I use purchased tags, but I've never bought a kit. Usually I print out a tag that I design in my graphics program (Photo Impact).

However, since I'm obviously long-winded, I usually have lots of journaling and then I normally print it right on the background with my wide format printer (HP Photosmart B8550).

To do this, I plan out my lo on the computer so I know what space to use for journaling. After printing, then I add all the pics and embellies, mists, etc. Doing this, I can print in various spots, in spirals or however I want to do it. (Don't mist the printer ink, at least not heavily...it will probably run.)

I print short journaling on my regular printer on cardstock that goes with the lo. Sometimes I print it in shapes to go with the design.

I'm with Henri on journaling—I want people to know what's going on in the lo with me hanging over their shoulder pointing everything out. When I'm 6' under it would be nice if the story lived on.

A crazy thing I guess I do, just so posterity will know that I do know how to write, is I sign and date the lo on the back...as long as I don't use both sides I also write down supplies that I've used on the back...at least the ones I remember.

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to Crystal is Leahs Mom

I usually type my journaling and titles and then print it onto cardstock-because I hate the way my handwriting looks on LO's. sometimes I cut out the words or lines and put them onto tags and labels.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to michelley2002

I will buy them if they are cute. I have alot of stamps and punches so I can make my own. I also use my computer to type what I need. I love letter stickers too. With you own materials, you can make alot of things that can be purchased in the store.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Mia1979

Like Mia I only buy them if they are cute. Otherwise I make my own.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to theellenbee

I don't actively go out and buy then or make them, but I don't journal really ever. If journal spots come with kits I will use them, but more for word stickers than actual writing. I will make my own tags sometimes for pages and minis, but only as needed

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 05-16-12 03:10 AM
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have a weakness for journaling spots. I buy them, generally, rather than make my own. I use them often not as a place for journaling, but as a layering element on my pages.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to IzzyB

All of the above.

Sometimes I write directly onto my LO. Sometimes, I'll stamp some lines. Sometimes, I'll write on a tag or a spot.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to runzalot81

I use them a lot. They are so versatile and can be used for so much. I LOVE using them on cards.

On a layout I usually punch a hole thru it, add a ribbon and make it a pull-out tag for hidden journaling.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to kelseymel

I always have left overs when i buy a kit . But then I stress on how to use them up. then i forget about that and donate them to my chruch's preschool kids.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to cescrapper

• cescrapper Said:
I always have left overs when i buy a kit . But then I stress on how to use them up. then i forget about that and donate them to my chruch's preschool kids.

Sounds like me except I now donate to the grade school teachers!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to prittb

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the journal tablets by Little Yellow Bicycle, but they haven't been making them as much with their recent collections. That's okay, I've got a stash of 10 or 11 of them...

I also like journaling stamps.

Sometimes I type my journaling.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by aquabunny on 05-16-12 06:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

Nope, never bought or used them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

Like Mrs. Driver said - I like people to know the story behind the layouts. It's true, a picture is worth a 1,000 words, but they may not be the right 1,000 that go with that picture!

When my kids look at my books they read every bit of the journaling.

I have never had a good handwriting or print so mine is all done on the computer.

I like to capture the funny stories and memories that go with the layouts.

RIght now I'm working on the layout for my gall bladder surger. Very boring. But there is a dry erase board picture which one would just go right past with the doctor's name and and nurses and insturctions.

But if you look closely, my husband signed in on the dry erase board as my second doctor. It's very cute to me but it is not anything anyone would catch if I didn't call attention to it in journaling!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Henri Jean

I buy them, I use them, I find some are so tiny that I'll use them to display the date, then write on my LO. Occasionally, I come across a design that I just don't like; and I've taken to altering them for something else.

Now, I'm in the mood to stock up on a bajillion and four; you enabler!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to MommaSaid

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE labels and journalling tags!!
I use them all the time....
I have a whole drawer full of them!
Frequently, I print out my journalling onto tags from the computer.
Some pages require a big long story and I don't use tags for those but a lot of my pages just have a few details and I love using the tags/labels for that...

Alison

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to kiyawinn

all of the above

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to SuperAllyFan

• SuperAllyFan Said:
all of the above

Heather N
Expert
Heather N
In response to aquabunny

Those are pretty neat! May have to check them out. I just journal as the layout calls for it. Sometimes, on the page itself, sometimes on a tag, sometimes on chipboard. Just depends.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Heather N

Lately I've been journaling direcly on layouts, or I ink up plain tags and write on those. I also love the little studio 112 tags in the $1 bin at joanns.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics