Username Post: EK Success Dimensional Flower Punches        (Topic#1576499)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

Hi all,

I purchased this punch yesterday at Ms. I want to love it, but my flowers aren't falling the way I'd like them to. I'm sure it just takes practice, but I would like to know:

1. What type of paper works best with this punch -- CS? PP? Do you find a certain texture or weight does or doesn't work with the punch?

2. The directions say to use adhesive before you roll the strips. The guy in the product video advises not using the adhesive until after the flower is made and the petals are positioned where you want them. What have you found to be the best solution?

3. Do you attach any sort of base onto the flower, or does the hole end go right on your project?

I want to get the whole set of these (over Memorial Day weekend when all scrapbook stuff is 50% off at J's!), but not until I master the one I purchased.

Thanks in advance!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to LesleyC

Did you watch the video that's linked to the product here?

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yes. Thats what i meant by product video.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to LesleyC

Sorry. Missed that part.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 05-16-12 03:08 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Great topic because I too am wondering.

I watched the video...made some flowers...found them too big and bulky...the punch is just sitting in my collection.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
Great topic because I too am wondering.

I watched the video...made some flowers...found them too big and bulky...the punch is just sitting in my collection.

Glad it's not just me! The punch got rave reviews in the superstore, so my guess is it just takes getting th hang of it.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to LesleyC

I'm thinking this does the same as the cricut "Ribbons & Rosettes" cartridge.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
I'm thinking this does the same as the cricut "Ribbons & Rosettes" cartridge.

Not familiar with it...can you please elaborate?

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to LesleyC

I played with these punches at a crop a few months ago ... I would NOT use adhesive until the flower is rolled the way you like it ... and yes, they are a little big and bulky, even after you "squash" them a bit

I though they were fun, but not spectacular, and I have the Flower Shoppe Cricut Cart as well as other flower punches, so I wasn't really tempted to buy them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics