Username Post: Anyone else having trouble?        (Topic#1576513)
Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

...with the Tim Holtz Distressed Doily die? It doesn't want to cut all the way through the paper and I end up fussy cutting out the tiny holes. I've tried using a shim but that doesn't help much. I tried layering in on of the rubber sheets used with embosing plates but I thin I'm going to wreck my machine, cranking it through. I do love the die, it just shouldn't be so hard getting adequate results.

Anyone else have this die? Any tricks to it?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Mr Mister

I don't have that die but do have some with inticate patterns- when they don't want to cut all the way through, I use a piece of chipboard as a shim. It really helps. If that doesn't work, I would contact the company and see if they won't send you another one-- You definitely don't want to damage the machine with a faulty die--

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Mr Mister

I have this one (pic below) and it works ok...it does not seem to work on anything thicker than cardstock (although my other TH dies do)
I use the clear cutting pads on either side of the die and paper and roll it through my BigShot machine....it sticks a little bit but goes through. I've never had to fussy cut anything...
I might return the die and see if you can get a replacement. It might be faulty...

Alison

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to Mr Mister

I've had that problem with some of my Nestabilities dies--very frustrating! For the ones that I know can be that way, I run them through a few times before lifting the plates up.

I got that Doily die for holidays but haven't tried it yet. Now you've got me wondering....

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-17-12 12:07 PM
In response to GemGirl

I wonder if Holly's trick of using wax paper might help. Her trick is about getting the paper OUT of the die, but maybe it'll help cut more cleanly as well.

You could also try contacting Sizzix, they're very responsive and helpful.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics