Username Post: slice cutting issue        (Topic#1576519)
New Kid On the Block

Has anyone had an issue with your slice making an extra cut after it's done cutting out a word?? If so how did you fix it... ? Mine cuts individual letters fine, but when I try to cut out a word, it cuts across the bottom through the word... I'm trying to make 60 Bridal Shower invites and this is very frustrating.. Please, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.a side note... it is not the elite machine, it's the first one that came out and until now it's worked great..

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to becjovi67

I've never had this issue but I have heard that ifit gets wonky when cutting it is good to "home" the blade - kind of like resetting it.

Good Luck!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to uruvero

Mine did that and I couldn't get any help from the manufacturer because it didn't have a warranty. I just bought a new one. Sorry! I know this isn't any help...

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to debby_westbrook

yea i am have the same problems. this is my second one i have. the frist one it work good and now it stop work. the warranty was no good. so i bought another one and it work good now it doing this i have home it but still this is my second one and i e-mail them and they have never answer my e-mail this make me mad i spent all this money on the dis and now it not work. i love this but i spend lots of money on this and i don't know what to do

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to debby_westbrook

yea i am have the same problems. this is my second one i have. the frist one it work good and now it stop work. the warranty was no good. so i bought another one and it work good now it doing this i have home it but still this is my second one and i e-mail them and they have never answer my e-mail this make me mad i spent all this money on the dis and now it not work. i love this but i spend lots of money on this and i don't know what to do

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to southern lady

I also had this problem with the orginal however I did find that it only did it when the battery was going low. So I just kept it pulled in most of the time.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to creater1

my battery been charged

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I never run mine on battery - I always keep it plugged in and it runs great. There is alwyas an outlet near me and so I have no need to try to run it on battery.

lynev 
Tenant
  • lynev on 06-06-12 03:06 PM
In response to Henri Jean

I have only had my Slice for 2 weeks and have found that the fully charged battery starts losing power after only a few cuts.
The signs of this are random cuts, partial cutting or not cutting at all.
I am still 'testing' it but am tending to the same opinion as HenriJean with leaving the Slice plugged in all the time when using it.
The machine does run out of power very quickly.

Having major issues with one card at present-Vintage findings- it's cutting flowers instead of swirls and cutting shapes instead of flowers. Funny thing is that it does cut some of the designs no problem.
My partiular machine has problems with the blade housing as it tends to move in and out. Making Memories is sending me a replacement housing unit.

Edited by lynev on 06-07-12 01:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to lynev

When I first got mine I tried running on battery and it didn't last long and was easier just to leave it plugged in when I'm using it.

Are you homing your machine? That has really helped me.

Can't explain the problems on the Vintage Findings cart - sounds like a problem on the cart itself rather thant he machine.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Henri Jean

I always keep it plugged in but mine si still have problems. i home it and it still dosen't work i am get mad because this is the second one i bought and spend all this money.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

Mine has horrible issues too, and is having the same issue as you. My cartridges don't register when I put them in. It just says to insert cartridge even though it's in. And I spent all this money on different cartridges which don't register and the actual unit. I wish I could give you some advice. I'd try not only homing it but calibrating it on some scrap paper.

I know why they stopped carrying them in Michael's, that's for sure.

kmperry
Veteran
kmperry
In response to fknapoleon

I've had the same problems, too. I would be cutting out an item and the Slice would make a diagonoal cut across it. Customer service first told me to oil the cutting cartridge hole, and it would cut well for about two or three cuts, and then BAM....another diagonal ruins the cut. A second discussion with MM and was then told about cutting with the machine plugged in. I do that. The other problem I have is that it won't cut though thick paper or cardstock...no matter how I try to adjust the cutting needle. They then offered me a replacement with the newer model. At a significant cost, despite that it would only be the machine itself (no plug, cutting glass, etc---but that was okay because I already had them). I almost went for it....and then bought a Sizzix Big Shot, which I love. I have had it with the Slice. They KNOW they have these problems, and don't seem to care to fix them. I bought my first Slice before it even came out!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to kmperry

yea i hear you and they never answer my. i am get piss because this is my second one and it is doing . i have the sizzix and i love it but my mom has it. i just don't know what to do. i spent all this money on it

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics