Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Does anyone else not like glitter paper??        (Topic#1576605)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I really hate it. It is so messy and the glitter is always coming off onto everything and making a glittery mess.

Am I the only one that doesn't like it??

grandmamichelf
Veteran
grandmamichelf
In response to lilmrmaid

Frankly, I don't like the specialty papers especially the glitter ones.

Sometimes I'll find a stack of DCWV papers that I like, but they have all those other types of paper in there and it just saddens me because I won't use them.

The glitter ones really are a pain. But I just wish they would make a stack that comes without the specialty papers. I guess they do, but never the ones I like it seems.

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to grandmamichelf

I generally don't like glittery papaer. It's hard to cut and glue. If I want a little sparkle I'll add some stickles once I've got everything set.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to cshortel

I dislike glitter period. It irratates me that now 90% of the paper packs have at least 1 glitter sheet .... I guess they forget there are some people not following the fades or trends LoL!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Sassie

Love glitter. Love glittery paper.

Glittery paper from DCWV is generally crappola.

Glittery paper from My Mind's Eye is fabulous.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to kelseymel

Try American Crafts Glitter Cardstock. TRhe glitter doesn't come off It also die cuts like a dream (with manual die cutters, not sure about electronic).
Congratulations By Here Kitty

Hi By Here Kitty

Pascha 2010 By Here Kitty

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to Here Kitty

i don't like it because I can't get anything to stick to it! I made "photo" Christmas tags one year for the family gifts (of 20 people!) and the only way I could get the pics to stick to the glitter paper was to staple them or use brads. I tried all kinds of adhesive - tape runner, dot runner, glue dots, liquid glue pen (like zig), gel glue pen (worked the best but still didn't work). I think it was HL's brand, Paper studio I think? Sine I haven't tried any glitter paper again.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to lilmrmaid

Yeah glitter drives me nuts not only for scrapbooking, but the stuff that is all over little girls shirts! That stuff gets everywhere and you can't get it off.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to JediScrapToo

• JediScrapToo Said:
i don't like it because I can't get anything to stick to it!

Try a quality craft glue like Zip Dry or Fabri-Tac. They work perfectly.

Also, with the American Crafts Glitter Cardstock, you can use dry adhesives like Glue Arts Adhesive Squares (like Glue Dots but stronger). Since the Glitter doesn't come off the page, it holds well to strong dry adhesives.
Products Referenced in This Post:

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mstasha

I don't mind the glitter paper where the glitter is underneath a layer of glue so it doesn't come off. But yes, the stuff which comes off everywhere is a PITA. Pain in the Arm, that is.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to lilmrmaid

I have a few sheets of paper with glitters. They are pretty but I have them stored separately so the glitter does not stick to my other papers. You almost need a vacuum to clean up after them.

When I use glitter paper or glitter, which is rare, I tap, tap, tap the page on my desk until as much as possible of the loose glitter comes off before I put it in the album sleeve.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Love glitter. Love glittery paper.

Glittery paper from DCWV is generally crappola.

Glittery paper from My Mind's Eye is fabulous.

Ditto.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to cindy312

hate glitter paper, not because of the mess, just hate that effect

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to SuperAllyFan

I love me some sparkle, but I really don't like glitter paper-or loose glitter either, it always seems to be everywhere-even when I haven't used it recently

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to MrsAnnieS

I don't hate it, but it can drive me crazy ...

I have to use glue dots to get anything to stick to it ... AND
It gums up my trimmer

Neither of these things keeps me from buying and using it though

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to madmatter

Glitter is the herpes of the Craft World.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to NMlady

I've used it on a few projects and it always drives me nuts. The glitter gets everywhere and NOTHING will stick to it. Such a pain in the butt to work with.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
I don't hate it, but it can drive me crazy ...

I have to use glue dots to get anything to stick to it ... AND
It gums up my trimmer

Neither of these things keeps me from buying and using it though

THIS!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Luvmyfam

Nope, I don't like it and usually won't buy a stack when it has glittered papers in it.

I think both DCW and MME glitter papers are terrible. I made a calendar for my gram two Christmases ago using all MME glittery paper and very strong adhesive. It still fell apart and got glitter everywhere. I'm just not a fan of the look, either. I chose the paper because I thought she'd like it.

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
I don't mind the glitter paper where the glitter is underneath a layer of glue so it doesn't come off. But yes, the stuff which comes off everywhere is a PITA. Pain in the Arm, that is.

^This!

I don't mind it...but I'm not one to seek out a glittered stack. If there are a few glitter pages in there, not a big deal, I will still buy it.

My husband and I have a joke about glitter being for, ummm...dancers. And one day a week or so before Christmas he had glitter specks on his face and I said "What the heck? Where did you go after work?" Turns out he went to AC Moore to try to find me paper I didn't already have! Bahahaha!!

For the poster who mentioned DCWV paper all having glitter-- have you seen the Fresh Florals stack? I can't find it in the Superstore to link for you, but it's completely glitter free and out of the whole stack (180 pages, 60 different patterns) there are only 2 patterns I don't like. I am actually quite in love with this stack. I got it on a 50% off week and I am hoping I can find it again at the same price.

Edited by MrsD2008 on 05-18-12 10:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics