Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Has anyone moved from postbound        (Topic#1576609)
grandmamichelf
Veteran
grandmamichelf
In response to NMlady

I have the extenders in the majority of my postbound albums. I guess I'm going to have to try a 3 ring and see how I feel about that. In ways I always thought of the 3 rings like a school notebook. But then again, maybe it will just be a matter of me taking my postbounds apart and getting them in the proper order then switching over to 3 ring.

So many different ways to do things. Just have to figure out what's right for me and the things I've already done. It really helps to get other people's insight into it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NMlady

Hobby lobby has Paper Studio. THe fake leather, more like vinyl, are what I use. They are cheap and go on 40% or 50% off sales all the time.

Seems like I've picked them up for as little as $10.00 each.

Every time they are discounted I buy 2 or 3 of them.

Changing over was expensive becuase I needed 16 or 17 of them at once.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to NMlady

I LOVE my D-ring albums!!! One added bonus to them is that you can even mix up you page sizes. I've got a couple 8 1/2 x 11s mixed in mine here or there. They hold so much more and are a lot easier to move pages around too.

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to Pam in TX

I like reading forums on this topic as I'm torn as well. I like the designs and lack of gutter in post bound albums, but I wish they held more. I have mine expanded quite a bit, so then they feel a bit unstable. I AM a chronological scrapper, so rearranging isn't an issue for me. However, I have considered mixing page sizes which would be easier in 3 ring. And a 3 ring could hold more without becoming unstable. Maybe I need to research the Snap Load thing . . ..

Such the dilemma's of being scrappers!

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej
In response to scrapsweet

I am in the process of switching over to 3-ring binders. I bought my first one a couple of months ago and love it. They work so much better than the posts especially when I want to add a layout to the middle of the book. I say - go to the 3-rings. Joann's is having a 50% off sale, started today.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to grandmamichelf

I started with the post bound. I used extenders for the albums that would not hold enough. Unfortunately, the centers of these albums often fell out as my pages got too heavy. I have switched to the 3 ring binders. I miss the ability to have my double layouts so close together, but the advantages made by 3 ring are too good.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to NoirCat

The KMA's are my favorite.

Switched? Yes.

Moved pages? Nope. Lazy.

All the newer ones are 3ring. These 2 are my faves.

SueLovesToScrap
Veteran
SueLovesToScrap
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I switched over and am much happier using 3-ring albums. So much easier to move things around because I am definitely NOT a chronological scrapper! But I left all of my post-bound albums as is - many of them were gifts and the covers are really beautiful so I wouldn't want to part with them. Maybe soon one of the post-bound companies will get on board and make some pretty 3-ring albums.

grandmamichelf
Veteran
grandmamichelf
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Those KMA albums look nice especially that pecan one. I kind of like that.

I pulled out one of my postbound albums last night and I have 3 years all mixed up in it. And I noticed that even with the expander, it's so full that the little things are pulling up on the inside.

50% off at Joanns? Shoot, there's no Joanns near me.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics