Username Post: What's the difference between Copic Sketch and Copic Ciao markers?        (Topic#1576621)
JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss

I bought a few sketch markers to use in my art journal, but I'm just curious what the difference is between the two types.

Jen

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to JenKoss

Size and shape.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Mother Goose

You-Tube has some awesome videos on these markers. I bet that sb.c also has videos here. I no longer remember the difference, but I chose Sketch over Ciao based on what I learned from the videos.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-18-12 09:35 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

Size, shape, and the amount of ink they hold. ciao are cheaper up front because they're smaller. Some people find Sketch more pleasant to hold because of the rectangular shape. Ciao do not have the item number and name on the end of the caps, the Sketch do. Other than that - same ink, same nibs.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to stick

Some people say the ciaos aren't refillable like the sketch, but I've added ink to them.

Sketch are also easier to use with the copic airbrushing system. If you try to use ciaos in it, you have to rig it.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to siameseplease

Size and shape. The Sketch is bigger and holds more ink. Because it's bigger, it also has colour number and name on the caps. Also, the airbrush system can be used with Sketch (and Original) not Caio, although I have heard that some people have found a way around this...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics