Username Post: Just Got a FASTENATOR - Now what?? Need help!        (Topic#1576673)
New Kid On the Block

I just got the larger pink Fastenator from EK Success. Saw it in a Thrift store and thought I couldn't pass it up. I see it isn't used as much in scrapping though, and not sure how to use it or where to get the "staples" for it. I was at Scrapbook Expo in Orlando and hoped to see someone with it, but no luck. Any suggestions as to how to use it, where to get the "staples" for it, or should I just pass on it?

I like to do scrapbooking and some cardmaking.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-19-12 06:16 PM
In response to cockers2luv

It seems to be an out-of-fashion product. I've seen the staples a lot at Big Lots, if that helps at all.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to stick

I got a ton of staple bars at Big Lots a while ago (over a year probably). Justifying that I'll make a point to use the tool now.

I still see them in my local scrapbook store. It looks like they are discontinued here at sb.com.

Keep an eye out in discount stores for them.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Bxr-Linda

ohhh am jealous! I want one, have wanted one for many moons but they always too expensive.

You can use them to staple ribbons to the card or LO, you can also use them as just a detailing. They come in different colours and with different texts on them. When you get enough text staples, you could create a title with them.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to TheCharmedOne

I use the staples without the fastenator. Just push them through like brads and fold back the ends on the other side.

You may need to pop a hole first in thicker materials.

If you get the silver staples, you can color them with solvent based inks (like copics and staz on and alcohol ink)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics