Username Post: Closed..stop by to join the next one.. SWAP 6 $10+ Stash Swap        (Topic#1576687)
pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Drayia

Where did you live in Eastern Canada?? I have always lived in Maine, but did grow up on the coast. I now live in Central Maine, but I visit the coast all the time.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Drayia

Drayia, mulled cider may not be in season, but apples certtainly are in August. Apple Pie is quite Maine.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to pwiswell

Here's what I learned yesterday :-) Moxie if the official state soft drink of Maine and Whoopie pies are the official state treat of Maine. There are moose in Maine...and moose sliders are within my budget...so might be a hit? WISH that we had the budget for lobster rolls!!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to pwiswell

• pwiswell Said:
Where did you live in Eastern Canada?? I have always lived in Maine, but did grow up on the coast. I now live in Central Maine, but I visit the coast all the time.

Grew up mostly in New Brunswick, Oromocto which is an army base and Moncton. Every year Girls camp was in Maine.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
TJ My friend that was your June Envy swap *summer time* :P

But I am so super glad you liked it Birthday girl

Thanks hun, I will post it in the right swap thread...lol. I did enjoy it. Love the stuff.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pwiswell

• pwiswell Said:
Sassie, you've never had a whoppie pie???? It's two chocolate cake like cookies with cream in the middle. They are yummy. I have a recipe if anyone wants one. I don't think there are many true Mainers who don't have a whoppie pie recipe or two.

No Ive not - Im so deprived, dont you feel so horribly bad for me? Sooo bad that instead of giving me directions you will make me a special one & over night it to me. *Bats her eyes*

TJ, so could you imagine if you WAS my pal, I mean that was like a "5.00" envy swap package!!! Im just glad ya liked it, I was hoping to give you a smile for your birthday!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Sassie

Those markers I love and can't wait to use them. I have an obsession with stamps as well.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to TJCraftyWitch

ive never seen them or used them before, I saw them, the & the stamp set on your wish list

I cant wait to see something you create with them so I can get an idea of how they work. You may just hook me onto a new obsession as if I need one more ROFL

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Drayia

I've been to Moncton a few times. As a child, I lived near Calais, Maine which is where you would have crossed the border. Small world. I just love it up there, but there just wasn't any jobs. When I finished college, I moved to central Maine and have been here since.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to theellenbee

There are moose in Maine, however, they are more of a New Hampshire stable. Unless you live in Northern Maine, there really are not that many moose around. Deer would be more on target. Moose burger sliders would work, but so would hamburger sliders and just call them moose burgers. Unless you really want to spring for moose meat. Just an idea. Also, Moxie is the state drink, but I really don't know many people who drink it anymore. It was really popular when I was a child, but it's hard to find in the stores around here now. It's still a good choice however. Apple cider would be even more on target, but either would be fine.

Edited by pwiswell on 06-13-12 03:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Sassie

pm your address and I'll see what I can do.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to pwiswell

I need to explain that here in LA it doesn't matter whether moose or rheindeer actually roam the shores of Maine. Or that no one drinks Moxie. This is Holly-wood and everything here is pretend or fake!!! ROFL - here's the best thing. The film, which takes place in Maine was actully filmed in Connecticut! Just wish there was pretend lobster!

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to theellenbee

There is pretend lobster. It's called sea legs. Don't know if you have it there or not.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pwiswell

So.. since there are moose's in Maine. Instead of Hamburger helper, you could have Mooseburger helper (Gosh Im just a ridiculous mess ain't I)

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-14-12 05:13 AM
In response to Sassie

Many thx for showing your concerns my friends...i had to leave...was too much...

but i will probably see different units in same complex...just to be in a diffrent spot...

all those dishes sound awesome...

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-14-12 05:23 AM
In response to 6ta

Here are the pics of my goodies...

thanks so much!!

Sister Swap 15 By 6ta
Fluffy scraps too By 6ta

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to pwiswell

• pwiswell Said:
There is pretend lobster. It's called sea legs. Don't know if you have it there or not.

We have it here, not sure if they do in CA. I plan on making Whooie pie this weekend, I now have a craving for them, which is wierd as I have lived out west for 20 years now LOL. Must be the power of sugestion.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Drayia

who was your pal 6ta? Thats nice load for ya! I cant wait to see what I get

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to Sassie

Hey Ladies!

Just got off the phone with another site that I bought my goodies from and they assured me that "my sista" will be receiving her stuff first class postal within 7 to 10 days....I know, it takes longer than usual, but all I can say at this time is that is going north from where I live (eh?).

I may follow with a sweet treat later on....So expect another small package as well!!

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-14-12 09:25 AM
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
who was your pal 6ta? Thats nice load for ya! I cant wait to see what I get

SCRAP4TIME was my partner...THX SO MUCH!!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics