Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good evening dear friends, I am soooo excited. I can't wait to work on my cards... I got my shutterfly order today so I really want to work on that operator page too. I am still meeting my bff to crop on Tues.
Are any of you going ot make some cards for world card day this weekend??? Kels posted it & she said it can be Sunday too along with Sat. They have some prizes too.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to anda11

I am watching football and starting on my vegas pages from august! So excited!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Debbie2006

• Debbie2006 Said:
I am watching football and starting on my vegas pages from august! So excited!

Hi Deb, I think football & scrapping go together. lol Scrapping & anything go together. lol
Enjoy it.
I am now going to see which ink color I need for my cards.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon everyone, I can't believe that I do not have a snowflake embossing template. I have to go buy one this afternoon so I can work on my cards.
What are you dear friends doing?

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to anda11

I did a soccer page yest. My son was not even walking yet(7 1/2 months) and DH had him kicking a soccer ball as DH held his hands and "walked" him. I took a Creative Memories hexagon punch and cut out a bunch of black and white hexagons. I cut out a 6 inch circle from cardstock, and arranged the blk n wh hexagons inside the circle, filling it completely, then replaced some hexs with cutouts of Juanies face. Then I trimmed it all circular again, so it looks like a soccer ball, althought flat and one-dimensional. TOO CUTE!! I will post in my gallery soon. The only thing is I dont have a title yet, I am going to a crop Sat and will cricut cut something there.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Juansmom

Kick It, Baby!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just got back from getting a few things.
I got the Tim holtz snowflake embossing folder. I still can't believe I did not have a snowflake. I did have to get another bottle of baby blue stickles that I am using for my card. I had to get some baby blue mini brads for them too. I also picked up a pack of the Fiskars 12 embossing plates on clearance for $5. I do love those. I also got an Artbin super satchel that was 12x12x3. It was fuschia pink & it was glittery. It was on clearance for $7. because it was missing the handle. I was so excited. I have some of their fuschia boxes that are the same but no glitter. I was thinking I should get one of these for my glitter papers that will not have a home when I move. I am so glad I looked. It is perfect.
I am going to try out my snowflake embossing folder now. (and the others too)

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Judy thats a great idea for the title!! I may just use it!!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
I did a soccer page yest. My son was not even walking yet(7 1/2 months) and DH had him kicking a soccer ball as DH held his hands and "walked" him. I took a Creative Memories hexagon punch and cut out a bunch of black and white hexagons. I cut out a 6 inch circle from cardstock, and arranged the blk n wh hexagons inside the circle, filling it completely, then replaced some hexs with cutouts of Juanies face. Then I trimmed it all circular again, so it looks like a soccer ball, althought flat and one-dimensional. TOO CUTE!! I will post in my gallery soon. The only thing is I dont have a title yet, I am going to a crop Sat and will cricut cut something there.

Hey Chris, That page sounds adorable. I can't wait to see it. I love the soccer ball frame idea. I am glad you got it almost done.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Kick It, Baby!

Hi Judy, I love that title.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Judy thats a great idea for the title!! I may just use it!!

I think it is a great title.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to cut my circles & scallop circles for my snowman. I can't believe how great the snowflake folder embosses. I love it.
Anybody doing anything tonight?

Edited by anda11 on 10-07-12 05:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

I have a three-day weekend for Columbus Day, and hoped to get a lot of work done on my Christmas projects. Well, I knew I wouldn't yesterday because we were away on a day trip, but today I planned to buy supplies and get lots of work done. Well, I did buy the supplies, that went really well actually, but then I spent large swaths of the afternoon and evening working on a no-sew fleece blanket for myself, which is now actually almost done, I just need to knot the fringe on the two short ends.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I have a three-day weekend for Columbus Day, and hoped to get a lot of work done on my Christmas projects. Well, I knew I wouldn't yesterday because we were away on a day trip, but today I planned to buy supplies and get lots of work done. Well, I did buy the supplies, that went really well actually, but then I spent large swaths of the afternoon and evening working on a no-sew fleece blanket for myself, which is now actually almost done, I just need to knot the fringe on the two short ends.

Hey Bunny, I am glad you were able to buy supplies. lol I am sorry you haven't gotten anything Christmas yet. I don't blame you for making yourself a fleece blanket. I love those things. MY dd & I sometimes make the tied ones for gifts. (sometimes for each other lol. she made me a cute pink heart one a couple yrs ago.)
Last year I made my hubby a sewn one that was Marine fabric that he loves. He gets cold easily.
They are fun to make too as you know.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Juansmom

Glad you liked the title :>) Your soccer page sounds so cute and such a great idea. I'm ready to adopt a soccer kid somewhere just so I can make a LO like that lol My grandsons are into baseball, but they've been on soccer leagues. I'll have to see if my son has any pics of the boys with a ball...as if I don't already have enough pictures to scrap. I'll never catch up as it is, then here I am looking for an excuse for another page :>) ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

Linda—It sounds like you found some good stuff when you went shopping for your embossing folder. Isn't it funny how we can have a ton of stuff...but never what we NEED? Your Christmas cards are going to be so cute. I keep trying to figure out what I want to do for ours. I've looked at so many youtube videos and looking through the gallery that now I'm completely confuzzled. I can't even decide if I want serious or cute. The ones you're making are very tempting... ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Linda—It sounds like you found some good stuff when you went shopping for your embossing folder. Isn't it funny how we can have a ton of stuff...but never what we NEED? Your Christmas cards are going to be so cute. I keep trying to figure out what I want to do for ours. I've looked at so many youtube videos and looking through the gallery that now I'm completely confuzzled. I can't even decide if I want serious or cute. The ones you're making are very tempting... ~Judy

You are so right Judy. lol We have a million sheets of paper but not the right shade. lol
Go ahead & make my snowmen. They are very easy.
just circle & scallops. She had embossed the middle circle with a snowflake but you do not have to do that at all & it will still be so cute. the carrot is simple. The hat was a punch. & some mini brads. She added a scarf & I may add one too but not sure yet.

Edited by anda11 on 10-07-12 08:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to anda11

I have found the exact thing with my paper stash, Linda! I have tons of cardstock, but never the right color. Why? LOL I buy lots of brights, then choose papers to go with photos that are muted colors!! I guess I always assume that I will need the brights, esp with a small child as my main scrap topic...

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Juansmom

I love seeing what everyone is working on! I didn't get any scrapping done over the weekend but had today off for Columbus Day so I ordered a bunch of pictures from Snapfish and have been working on journaling so that I can finish a few layouts in progress. I will be eager to see the soccer layout that was mentioned. I scrap a lot of soccer layouts and am always looking for new ideas!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Vintageivy

Finished the fleece blanket! Got 9 out of 12 cards done for the Christmas gift baskets! More weekends need to be three-day weekends!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics