Page 1 of 105 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Hello dear friends, Things are moving quickly here. We listed our home & got 5 offers right away. It looks like it will sell asap. I thought it would take a month or 2. We have been working on the house & I have been scrapping when I can. We can no longer take care of it & it costs more than we can afford now that dh has gone on retirement. It is 2 acres.
It needs lots of work on the house too. I am ok with moving but this was my childhood home. I watched my Daddy lay every brick. This is still heart breakiing to me. My sweet husband has been forcing me to go to crops and meet my friend to crop at Archivers as often as we can because he know I am very sad & he knows it gets my mind off of things.
Today I have some boxes of memorablia to file in my storage boxes. I also have 3 drawers that have my old work pics & memorablia in the along with other stuff so I have to go through all of those & find a space in my boxes for them. I have a plastic tub full of photos mostly. I have to do the same thing & put them in photo boxes.
I am sorry I have been such a Debbie Downer lately.
What are you guys doing?

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to anda11

I hope you find peace with this decision.

I am currently working on:
1.) Album of my Crocheting for Christ work (crocheting/knitting lapghans, afghans, baby blankets, etc. for people in need as we pray over them).
2.) ABC album for my good friend who is pregnant with her second child.
3.) Wedding album
4.) Crocheting projects (2)

Annnnddd, I am off to do one of those right now!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to MrsD2008

• MrsD2008 Said:

1.) Album of my Crocheting for Christ work (crocheting/knitting lapghans, afghans, baby blankets, etc. for people in need as we pray over them).
3.) Wedding album

Thanks you. I am at peace with it really. I have accepted it. It is still sad. lol
I have made abc albums to. They are so much fun! I know she will love it when she sees it.
The charity projects you are doing sound really wonderful. You are so kind to do them. I used to sew blankets for the childrens hospital & dog shelter way too many yrs ago. It is fun.
I love wedding albums too. I hope you will enjoy making it.

1momma 
New Kid On the Block
In response to anda11

(((Big Hugs))) to you

1. I just finished an album for my Mother on a trip to the Grand Canyon.

2. Finished a layout for the Spring Challenge.

3. Now I have to unpack my goodies from shopping last week at two LSS & a package from here. Need to clean up so I can scrap some more later.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to 1momma

• 1momma Said:
(((Big Hugs))) to you

1. I just finished an album for my Mother on a trip to the Grand Canyon.

2. Finished a layout for the Spring Challenge.

3. Now I have to unpack my goodies from shopping last week at two LSS & a package from here. Need to clean up so I can scrap some more later.

Congrats on finishing that album for your mom. YEAH! Has she seen it yet? Yeah on your challenge layout. How wonderful to unpack all of your new goodies. Enjoy! I did get a new punch around the page on Sat. It was my first. I haven't even wanted to play with it yet. I got the bubble one.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

I've been working on an album of our recent trip to Washington DC. I did 13 pages yesterday, with another 5 today and probably some more yet tonight. That sounds like a lot, and it really is, but I'm not nearly done - this is going to be a 40-50 page album.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to aquabunny

I'm so sorry about you having to move ((((hugs)))))

I went to a crop yesterday and did 7 lo's - I uploaded them to my gallery and I'd appreciate any feedback on them - especially the one with my granddaughter on the white rug with the lace - I feel its missing something - maybe a title?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I've been working on an album of our recent trip to Washington DC. I did 13 pages yesterday, with another 5 today and probably some more yet tonight. That sounds like a lot, and it really is, but I'm not nearly done - this is going to be a 40-50 page album.

Good to talk to you. I am glad you are getting lots of pages done. I scrap all of my pics. That is funny....I just saw our DC trip pics in the 60s. lol I was kinda thinking on working on them once I got moved.

1momma 
New Kid On the Block
In response to anda11

That punch sounds cool. Make sure you post so we can see what you create with it.

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • MrsD2008 Said:

3.) Wedding album

Thanks you. I am at peace with it really. I have accepted it. It is still sad. lol
I have made abc albums to. They are so much fun! I know she will love it when she sees it.
The charity projects you are doing sound really wonderful. You are so kind to do them. I used to sew blankets for the childrens hospital & dog shelter way too many yrs ago. It is fun.

I hope she really does love it. She is a scrapper herself, but I know since she had her first child (who is now 21 months) she hasn't had a lot of time to scrap, but she has taken TONS of photos. The ABC album I am making is 8X8 and I also found a 12X12 album that matches, so I am giving her that too. And a crocheted gift of course!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-21-12 03:29 PM
In response to MrsD2008

It's always sad to say goodbye to a home that has so many good memories. I wish you all the best with the sale and moving.

I have been working on the layouts from my engagement, but I have one page left and I can't seem to find any inspiration for it. I wanted to complete this set before I moved on to the next project, but I've decided to go ahead and start on a brand new album. I'm going to be scrapping my trip to Italy this past February. I have over 2500 pictures, so this will be a huge undertaking.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:

I went to a crop yesterday and did 7 lo's - I uploaded them to my gallery and I'd appreciate any feedback on them - especially the one with my granddaughter on the white rug with the lace - I feel its missing something - maybe a title?

I AM SO SORRY THAT I DID NOT SEE THIS POST. PLEASE FORGIVE ME! congrats on getting the pages done. I will check them out.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

My several-day project was Cricut-cutting things out for my youngest daughter who teaches 1st grade. She needed some things cut for end-of-the-year booklets that all the parents get. I wish my kids' teachers had made these books. They have work from all year, showing what all was learned. The covers are laminated and then the book is bound. One part of the cover cut-out had the student's name, so that meant I had to make changes for each cutting.

While working on it, I was also "working" on my current LO in my head...figuring out how I wanted to do it. Now I can finally work on it and it seems like I'm brain dead. I also received a big order in the mail, so I need to put that stuff away. I really need to quit thinking about scrapping and DO IT!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
It's always sad to say goodbye to a home that has so many good memories. I wish you all the best with the sale and moving.

I have been working on the layouts from my engagement, but I have one page left and I can't seem to find any inspiration for it. I wanted to complete this set before I moved on to the next project, but I've decided to go ahead and start on a brand new album. I'm going to be scrapping my trip to Italy this past February. I have over 2500 pictures, so this will be a huge undertaking.

You are right. Thank you. I am sorry that you do not have inspiration for the last page. It is good to move on for now. While it will be a huge undertaking, scrapping Italy sounds fabulous! It will be like you are reliving it when you do it. Enjoy.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to MrsD2008

• MrsD2008 Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • MrsD2008 Said:

3.) Wedding album

I hope she really does love it. She is a scrapper herself, but I know since she had her first child (who is now 21 months) she hasn't had a lot of time to scrap, but she has taken TONS of photos. The ABC album I am making is 8X8 and I also found a 12X12 album that matches, so I am giving her that too. And a crocheted gift of course!

Since she is a scrapper herself, she will most certainly cherish it because she knows what it takes to do it. She will feel the love you put into the pages.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:

I looked at all of the pages. I liked them all the way they were. You have such a precious grand baby. I did leave love for you.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to anda11

Moving is sad, but remember you are also moving towards something new.

I am finishing up my first coffee sleeve mini - Domestic Goddess from Graphic 45. I have been diagnosed with MAM (Mini Album Madness) and am planning on auctioning off the mini, along with my toilet paper mini, so that I can start a non-profit organization to help find a cure for this terrible disease.

Has anyone ever done a paint stick mini? That is another symptom of this disease. If you think you might have it, check out my blog for help!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to theellenbee

Linda

to you. You know that I am currently living in my childhood home too (4th generation to own it) and there are some events going on in my life that make me think I want to sell it but it breaks my heart even thinking that. I know it won't be easy when/if that day comes but I also know the memories will always be there.

Not working on any scrapping this week - we have a big camping fest this weekend at our house with 30-40 people coming so just getting ready for that.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • Ohio4HMom Said:

I looked at all of the pages. I liked them all the way they were. You have such a precious grand baby. I did leave love for you.

Thank you for the great comments

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to Ohio4HMom

I finished all I can do in my Crocheting for Christ album that I can do without photos.

I got up to M in the ABC album.

I finished one crocheting project and am almost done the second and started a new one.

I have done 0 things in my wedding album! =/

Page 1 of 105 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics