Page 2 of 196 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 05-23-12 09:08 AM
In response to anda11

Have you taken pictures of the house even of the bricks. I recently came across a picture i took when I was a teenage of the brick my uncle layed for the wood stove in there farm house. Back then I took the picture because he did suck a great job on the brick you would have thought he was a pro. Now that he has passed finding that picture brought back all the memories of the time I spent with him at that house. I have very few pictures of him but I will have a page with him and my aunt at my wedding and those bricks.

• anda11 Said:
Hello dear friends, Things are moving quickly here. We listed our home & got 5 offers right away. It looks like it will sell asap. I thought it would take a month or 2. We have been working on the house & I have been scrapping when I can. We can no longer take care of it & it costs more than we can afford now that dh has gone on retirement. It is 2 acres.
It needs lots of work on the house too. I am ok with moving but this was my childhood home. I watched my Daddy lay every brick. This is still heart breakiing to me. My sweet husband has been forcing me to go to crops and meet my friend to crop at Archivers as often as we can because he know I am very sad & he knows it gets my mind off of things.
Today I have some boxes of memorablia to file in my storage boxes. I also have 3 drawers that have my old work pics & memorablia in the along with other stuff so I have to go through all of those & find a space in my boxes for them. I have a plastic tub full of photos mostly. I have to do the same thing & put them in photo boxes.
I am sorry I have been such a Debbie Downer lately.
What are you guys doing?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello again dear friends. I got the overstuffed plastic tub full of stuff all put away. YEAH
I got my work pics moved from the drawer to my photo boxes. I had a box of 50 photos from the 1890s. (same album)I condensed all my pics so I had an empty photo box for them. I IDed them too. I feel good about that. I still have more memorabilia to put away. I feel like I made great progress.

My best scrap bud invited me to crop FRi night at As again. I am very happy. We have such fun.
I make pocket pages on my Xmas layouts. One is for the card I sent & the letter. The other is for any cards I want to keep & letters from others. Then I take the rest of the cards & make a 2 page spread where some cards I punch with a big squares, Parts of the card I think is cute. Then I put the name of the people who sent them. I cut out their writing & use it. If their writing is too big, I just write who it is from.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
My several-day project was Cricut-cutting things out for my youngest daughter who teaches 1st grade. She needed some things cut for end-of-the-year booklets that all the parents get. I wish my kids' teachers had made these books. They have work from all year, showing what all was learned. The covers are laminated and then the book is bound. One part of the cover cut-out had the student's name, so that meant I had to make changes for each cutting.

While working on it, I was also "working" on my current LO in my head...figuring out how I wanted to do it. Now I can finally work on it and it seems like I'm brain dead. I also received a big order in the mail, so I need to put that stuff away. I really need to quit thinking about scrapping and DO IT!

I bet the parents will just love it! What a great idea! It is great you were able to cut that for her. I bet the parents will wonder if she cut all of those by hand. I am sorry you are brain dead. I hope you are better now.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to theellenbee

• theellenbee Said:
Moving is sad, but remember you are also moving towards something new.

I am finishing up my first coffee sleeve mini - Domestic Goddess from Graphic 45. I have been diagnosed with MAM (Mini Album Madness) and am planning on auctioning off the mini, along with my toilet paper mini, so that I can start a non-profit organization to help find a cure for this terrible disease.

Has anyone ever done a paint stick mini? That is another symptom of this disease. If you think you might have it, check out my blog for help!

I know you are right. I will think of it as that later. That link is hilarioiuS!! Thanks for putting it here.

I do not want you to find a cure. :):)

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Linda

to you. You know that I am currently living in my childhood home too (4th generation to own it) and there are some events going on in my life that make me think I want to sell it but it breaks my heart even thinking that. I know it won't be easy when/if that day comes but I also know the memories will always be there.

Not working on any scrapping this week - we have a big camping fest this weekend at our house with 30-40 people coming so just getting ready for that.

I forgot you lived there Peg. YOu did that page not too long ago. I certainly feel how you feel because It is only the 2nd generation. I have lots of pics but I am sure gonna take a million more. The memories will be in my scrapbook.
I hope you get all of your stuff done in time. Enjoy your company.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to MrsD2008

• MrsD2008 Said:
I finished all I can do in my Crocheting for Christ album that I can do without photos.

I got up to M in the ABC album.

I finished one crocheting project and am almost done the second and started a new one.

I have done 0 things in my wedding album! =/

WOW you have gotten so much done! YEAH!
Doesn't it feel good to get so much done?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Cinj

• Cinj Said:
Have you taken pictures of the house even of the bricks. I recently came across a picture i took when I was a teenage of the brick my uncle layed for the wood stove in there farm house. Back then I took the picture because he did suck a great job on the brick you would have thought he was a pro. Now that he has passed finding that picture brought back all the memories of the time I spent with him at that house. I have very few pictures of him but I will have a page with him and my aunt at my wedding and those bricks.

That is a sweet story! I certainly feel the same way of the bricks & everything. I have lots of pics but I am going to take a million more. I like tttthe idea of focusing on the bricks. Thanks!

• anda11 Said:
Hello dear friends, Things are moving quickly here. We listed our home & got 5 offers right away. It looks like it will sell asap. I thought it would take a month or 2. We have been working on the house & I have been scrapping when I can. We can no longer take care of it & it costs more than we can afford now that dh has gone on retirement. It is 2 acres.
It needs lots of work on the house too. I am ok with moving but this was my childhood home. I watched my Daddy lay every brick. This is still heart breakiing to me. My sweet husband has been forcing me to go to crops and meet my friend to crop at Archivers as often as we can because he know I am very sad & he knows it gets my mind off of things.
Today I have some boxes of memorablia to file in my storage boxes. I also have 3 drawers that have my old work pics & memorablia in the along with other stuff so I have to go through all of those & find a space in my boxes for them. I have a plastic tub full of photos mostly. I have to do the same thing & put them in photo boxes.
I am sorry I have been such a Debbie Downer lately.
What are you guys doing?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

Got 3 more pages done in our Washington DC album, and placed several online orders for more supplies. I had ordered a great paper stack from Joann's for 50% off with free shipping, but then it turned out to be out of stock. Boo!

But I also found a paper pattern with bottle caps on it, so that's pretty great.

Resident
In response to anda11

My plan for the long weekend is to complete at least 10 more pages from my cruise, and hopefully to get workable pictures of them so I can start putting pages on site here

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Karen_in_WA

My daughter, granddaughter, hubby and I are going to Tahoe for a long-weekend visit with #1 son/family. We'll celebrate several birthdays that we've missed and enjoy a quick visit. We travel all day Saturday, visit on Sunday, then travel all day Monday, but since I'm mrsdriver I love it It's snowing in Tahoe right now so it will be a change from sunny San Diego. Won't get scrapping done, but I'll take a lot of pics for my Tahoe album.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mrsdriver5

2 more pages done for the DC scrapbook.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to aquabunny

We are going to Lubec, Maine for the long weekend, however, I hope to find time to begin work on a toliet paper mini I've been thinking about. I'm taking some stuff with me to work on in my spare time. I am also working on a 2010 Christmas album. I only have a couple more lo's to do so hoping I can get those done before the weekend is over as well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to pwiswell

Good luck on finishing the lo's you want to get done. I'm going to be visiting my 5 and 10 yr. old grandsons...no quiet time for scrapping with them But that's OK...lots of pictures will be taken!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey dear friends.... MY friend & I did go to the crop at As tonight. We had a nice time. I started a new page. I wanted to use those darling chipboard skeletons by Martha on a science olympiad project called BONES. I thought she did it but she said no. boo
I switched to one of her starry starry night ones. I had some paper I was going to use but I wasn't sure I liked it. I found the Bo bunny paper which works perfectly. One has planets on it too.
That is what I am doing now.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been trying my new Martha punch. I am now going to work on the layout again.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Haven't had time to work on my page. I had to make a saddle with flowers for my parents. I took some pretty red silk glads to put in an half circle on my brother. It looks so pretty. It is nice it is only 2 miles down the road. I sure never dreamt that I would be putting flowers on my brother for mem. day so soon.
Now I have cleaned my table & I am going to scrap again.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

When I am done with this starry night page, I am going to try to do a funny page about Ang when she was a toddler.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to anda11

I was hoping to get something done today toward organizing my disaster so that I could get some layouts done on Monday, but I ended up spending the day trying to find out why my refigerated air isn't working correctly.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Well, I haven't finished anything yet. I hope to finish the starry night today. I have been findiing some pics online for the toddler layout. I just saw a couple adorable kid pages that melt myheart. It is the Blast off too. I need to find photos for all of them

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Well I saw a layout that melts my heart here & I wanted to do it right away. I went to As to get the papers. I also got a copy of the pic of the funny toddler page that I mentioned. I needed it to work with pink, brown, red & yellow. I looked at every single page & then I found one. It is echo Park life is good. There is a floral. It does have all those colors. I am so excited. I really want to start on that one too. I saw the paper here but it really looked like it was light pink & dark pink. I did not realize it is reddish.
Dave told me to go relax & choose papers & sit & talk so I feel better.

Page 2 of 196 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics