Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

I FINALLY FINISHED MY SON'S FIRST BIRTHDAY ALBUM!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!! Yay for me!

I went to a crop yesterday, from 5:30 until 8:30 (it was an all-day crop but I had a soccer game then work till 5). My goal was 3 pages, I generally do 1 page per hour. Not only did I do the 3 pages, but they were the last ones for the album, I finished the embellies for other pages, and bound them this morning!!! I feel great!

I have only been scrapping for a year, so in that time I have completed the second six months of my sons life, up to his b-day party. The first six month pics were put in a regular photo album, then I lost the memory stick for a while. I just found the mem stick and printed the pics again, and they will be my next project. Time to use all the baby boy paper and stickers, etc that I have been collecting/hoarding! But since pinks and brights are my fave colors to scrap with, there will prob be a lot of unusual baby-boy-themed pages!

I borrowed a cricut and used the paper dolls cart for some of the pirate die cuts, that got me out of my slump and finished with the project!

As soon as I can get my butt off the computer, my plan is to photograph the pages and put them in my gallery...look for them soon!! - Chris

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

Check out my gallery, peeps! This is my sons first bday album...over 200 pics were taken, lots by children, so there were lots of garbage pictures! Almost no composed shots, candids were wild and messy, but I wanted to incorporate all of the guests and activities, plus we had a special pirate theme I carried from the party through to the album.

I am very proud, my fave pages are actually the last three I did, "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum", "Max #1 Matey", and "Treasure Hunters". But I love that I was able to take the bad pics and collage them yearbook-style for the two pages "Mateys" and "More Mateys". Hope you all enjoy! ARRRGH!!! - Chris

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-16-12 05:40 PM
In response to Juansmom

Yay congrats Chris!!! That is a huge accomplishment!! It's always nice to complete a project.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-16-12 06:05 PM
In response to Vae

Well I finally got one page done this weekend.
I might end up redoing it later- I need to let it sit for a few days and then look at it again and see if I like it then.

I am happy I got to use the stick pins I just made yesterday. When I made them I had no idea if I would be able to use them... so I'm pleased about that

The Kiss
By Jarvae

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-16-12 06:13 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Welcome back. My oldest daughter and her family were in NYC the last half of this week also. In fact they're probably just taking off now to fly home. They were in DC for the first part of the week. We had thought about going with them, but I just couldn't get my act together. We might drive back in the fall...well, later in the fall :>) ~Judy

Drive?? From San Diego to NYC? wow. That's quite a road trip!! How long does that take?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Well, we seldom go anywhere in a straight line, so time is hard to figure...plus I can drive some pretty long days. We see things in the daylight, then drive more boring areas in the dark. I love road trips...so much flexibility and can see everything between "here" and "there". I've driven to all the states...except Hawaii :>) ...most states several times. I'm not called MrsDriver for nothing lol

When hubby worked, he was a carpenter and basically got no vacation, but in later years he'd take Thanksgiving week off since they didn't work Thursday or Friday anyway. We'd leave when he got off work on Friday and get home sometime the next Sunday night, but in those little-over-9 days, we could do a lot. One year we drove to the end of Key West, FL, camped in the Everglades, visited the Alamo, spent more than half a day in New Orleans...

One 3-day weekend we drove to Oregon for ice cream :>) Only about 1,000 miles each way~ Yep, we're road-trippers...although I love flying, trains, boats. I guess I just like to travel!~Judy

angik
angik 
Expert
angik
  • angik on 09-17-12 09:51 AM
In response to anda11

I started a calendar.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I am going to try & finish my heritage page that is almost done. I haven't been able to work on it due to being busy & a couple headaches. My meds work but then sometimes I still feel it is in my eye even though it doesn't hurt if that makes sense. lol
I know I have lots of wonderful posts to read.
I hope you are all doing ok. or great...lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am very sad & very thankful. Dh just got off the phone with his cardiologist. He said that Dave's heart is too bad to have back surgery. It is long & it would cause him to have heart attack & they would not be able to save him when it did. He would die.
I am deeply sad he has to deal with the pain but I am so very thankful to not lose him.
The good thing is that the morphine has been working now for a couple weeks & he is able to take care of himself. He can walk without the walker. He is still too sore to do lots of things but he is an avid reader. He loves tv. especially the history channel etc.Our dd has been leaving her tablet when she goes to work so he has been playing with it.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I'm so sorry for the news, but thankfully the doctors were truthful and didn't try to do things they shouldn't. I'm glad to hear that he is able to be up and moving around a bit. Now...if your head/eye aches would disappear, that would help your spirits also.

I understand how you feel about being sad, but thankful. That's how I felt when they said hubby's prostate cancer was too far advanced to do surgery. They wouldn't even do any more invasive tests because they were afraid of causing more harm. But they did agree to try radiation, although they said he was too far gone...but he's stubborn and God is good. That was back in 1998 (they gave him a year or two at most) and he's the orneriest guy around :>) He still gets a shot every three months, but yeah...it all worked out even though I was really bummed when we kept hearing about these wonderful surgeries, but no one would operate on him. The cancer definitely isn't gone, but it's in remission...it could come back any time since a drug often begins losing it's usefulness after long-term use, but we're so very thankful for what we've been given!

Praying it all works out good for you two also. I learned it's not only taking one day at a time...but truly enjoying each day at a time.

Sorry to ramble...I know my "stuff" isn't what you're dealing with, but so often things work out in ways we never could have dreamed. Hugs to you both~Judy

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to anda11

I understand how you feel. I am not to the point of having to sell my parents house as of yet but the thought of not being able to go home and someone else living there is heartbeaking to me. Stay strong!

I am working on a needlepoint cat canvas for my daughter and deciding what to start on with scrapbooking for the weekend. I havent scrapbooked since we moved almost a year ago and I am itching to get started again! Everyone have a good weekend!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Debbie2006

Welcome, Debbie. Hope you are able to get back into scrapping in the next few days...and have fun wasting, I mean, spending time here with all of us There are usually some fun topics going on and sometimes a few thought-provoking ones, but it's a pretty fun place to hang out~Judy

Resident
In response to anda11

I am pleased and proud that I did a complete 1 page birthday layout and have everything set up for another layout that I had lost my mojo on a few weeks ago!

I have been really wanting to scrap the past few weeks but have just been way too busy. This morning I had a root canal and kept my calendar completely open afterwards due to not knowing how much pain I would be feeling. Since I had the entire afternoon to myself with no commitments, it was wonderful to sit in my scrapbook room for several hours and scrap and create to my hearts content! My wonderful college age daughter even offered to pick up her HS freshman sister for me after school.

Now I am hoping after my youngest is in bed tonight, I can complete the 2nd page. My DH is out of town every week for four days so I have the whole night.

Happy scrapping!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to stvmom2

It sounds like you've been having a painfully productive day ~Judy

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to mrsdriver5

I was gonna scrap tonite, but my good friend invited me to dinner, her homemade lasagna, yum, and I couldn't say no!! LOL - Chris

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Juansmom

Linda
I hope he can keep improving and working through the pain.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey guys, I hope to finish the page. I did stamp the journal box. It is cute. I still need to ink everything & adhere.
I am hoping to look at houses tomorrow. I am having an issue with my realtor. Let's just say I am sending her a lot of respecful emails about her telling her what she isn't doing or is doing that isn't good customer service.:):)

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-20-12 11:11 AM
In response to anda11

Hi Linda, I'm sorry I haven't had time to catch up, but I saw the bit about the back surgery. I am sending lots of hugs your way... sad and thankful with you.

I'm so glad you have some support to help you through this. I wish your realtor would shape up... or maybe someone else can step in?

Good luck with the page and the house shopping and let us know if we can help at all!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

She never answered all her emails but it didn't matter. She told us to use the MLS listing that came in our email because it was the most current. I told her 12 times that the house one never came just condos. Then finally she fixed it like 3 weeks ago.
I sent her 14 homes & when we went to see them, she only had 6. She emailed me asking when I was available to see them so that is how we set that up. She keeps saying we need to go daily but I can't get her to go often let alone daily. She never set up the others.
I sent her more 6 days ago (Thurs) She emailed me Fri morn asking when I am available. I answered one hour later anytime. I never heard back from her email so I sent one saying I am still waiting 5 days later. She emailed back that she doesn't have internet at home. If we want to see homes, we have to call her on her cell with the MLS numbers.
I said it did not matter if she had internet at home. She kept defending herself & blaming us still saying we need to go daily. I sent her a bunch of emails saying that if she wasn't going to answer her emails, do not use it. Do not send out any. She never told us we had to call her cell. I told her it did not matter if she had internent at home. I also said you said we need t o look fast cause they go. When we look tomorrow, it will have been a week that I emailed the houses to her. I said I thought we would go early in the week. They will be gone by the time we see them. She never said sorry for the mix up or sorry you are upset. She just kept defending & saying we should have called her phone. You were the one who emailed me on fri. IF you are not going to answer, don not use email. Every listing & page of the website has her pic & a sign saying email me to see this. It is hard to go daily if I can't get you to go daily . I told her very nicely saying with respect in al l my emails.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

She also knows we are in a huge hurry cause we can not stay at my sons home due to the stairs for Dave if we do not buy something asap

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics