Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

Thanks guys. WE signed the other offer today. Now we have 4 days till we close on our home. Then we have 9 days till we get our new home if the inspections are ok. WE have 45 days to actually get out of our home. I am so glad. lol Dave is mobile but needs to be very careful so it doesn't get worse. Thankfully the morphine is still working. Dave is deeply sad for my pain of moving. It is breaking his heart.
Last night he started having chest pains due to all of the stress. He is a guy who would call 911 right away if he felt them get worse thankfully. I still stayed up watching him just to be sure.
He has a heart disease that he had a bypass about 30 yrs ago.
I agree with you guys that it will be good after we are done so there is no more stress.

I don't want to jinx it but it is 3 bedrooms so I will have a scraproom thankfully. My realtor said this room is lavender so it can be your scraproom. lol

Edited by anda11 on 09-22-12 05:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Happy for you!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

Thanks hon, I am usually a person who posts positive happy stuff. I am getting tired of posting all the sad or bad stuff that has happened for a few months.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda~The house news sounds exciting and promising. You guys need a bit of good news! I know you had said how special the house is to you, but it's a house...you and Dave will have your home wherever you end out living.

I'm not negating the pain you feel with having to move, but we both have come to realize (the hard way) that there are more important things than houses. They're called "husbands".

And if you get to have a scraproom...no, make that a LAVENDER scraproom, what could be better? Hope there's room for the both of us ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to mrsdriver5

I have my purple xyron-X and purple Creatopia, so just let me know when I should move in

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I am very sad & very thankful. Dh just got off the phone with his cardiologist. He said that Dave's heart is too bad to have back surgery. It is long & it would cause him to have heart attack & they would not be able to save him when it did. He would die.
I am deeply sad he has to deal with the pain but I am so very thankful to not lose him.
The good thing is that the morphine has been working now for a couple weeks & he is able to take care of himself. He can walk without the walker. He is still too sore to do lots of things but he is an avid reader. He loves tv. especially the history channel etc.Our dd has been leaving her tablet when she goes to work so he has been playing with it.

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry We have a similar issue with my sister,,,,,she needs another kidney transplant,,,,,,,but they won't give her one because her heart is too weak,,,,,,,she wouldn't survive such a long surgery Hugs,,,,

Has your husband tried cymbalta for the pain? I have a terrible bad back, and it's the only medication that's ever helped me,,,it takes away about 60% of the pain! It's just recently been approved for back pain, so if he hasn't already, he might want to check with the doc and see if he's a good candidate for it!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYY on the scrappy room and new house!!!!!!!!!!

and no, I'm not working on a THING,,,DH and I are going to DISNEY WORLD for FOUR DAYS,,,,,,,ALONE!!!!!! starting TOMORROW!!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

WOW Holly.. 4 days alone at Disney?? WHOO HOO! I sure hope you guys have fun! I know you will take lots of photos.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

Awesome news Linda!!!!!!!

I'm sure DH is stressed because you're stressed. Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here forward and you'll be scrapping in your pretty new lavender room in no time. Dave will be able to relax knowing everything is finally done and you're happily scrapping away

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Have fun Holly!!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Kim222

Linda, Start packin' girl!!! Just a tip, you can find great boxes for house packing at nursing homes, the kind the adult diapers come in. At my honey's job, the boxes are a great size and come with handles punched out already!!! He brings them home for my mom to corral her knitting stash, she needs A LOT.

fishdc
fishdc 
Veteran
fishdc
In response to dee.is.me

I recently moved and am making an album with pictures of the new house.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to fishdc

I printed some pictures last night and took them to work to trim them down.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi everyone, I just glanced at some of the posts. Judy...you are absolutely correct... he is my home where ever we live. I totally agree with you. He knows that. He knows I am not angry at him because we have to move. In fact..he loves this place as much as I do. He loves the yard, the tress & everything here. He is so sad to leaves our neighbors because he & Dave are best friends & they talk all the time. He doesn't want to leave them either. We have lived here for lots of years our selves. After my Dad died in 94 my mom could not be left alone due to huntingtons, so Dave moved in & stayed here every night until Mom died 2 yrs later. My daughter loved to take care of grandma & she was here almost daily too. I was here daily too. Dave was the only one who could lift mom. WE only lived 2 miles away. He is sad to leave the whole neighborhood too. I have really tried to not think about & work on scrappy stuff so I have acted normal mostly. I think the fact that we are fast approaching a final date.... it really hit me hard.

Edited by anda11 on 09-24-12 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Linda, Start packin' girl!!! Just a tip, you can find great boxes for house packing at nursing homes, the kind the adult diapers come in. At my honey's job, the boxes are a great size and come with handles punched out already!!! He brings them home for my mom to corral her knitting stash, she needs A LOT.

THANKS Chris... my daughter is a nurse aid at a nursing home 2 miles away so I will tell her to find them.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:

I just texted her. She is at work now. too funny about your mom's stash. I bet you have a nice sized scrappy stash & you get it from her. lol

Edited by anda11 on 09-24-12 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to fishdc

• fishdc Said:
I recently moved and am making an album with pictures of the new house.

WE all need an excuse to make a new album & buy supplies for it. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
I printed some pictures last night and took them to work to trim them down.

Hi Mia, I am going to order some pics today at shutterfly. I am thinking of a new layout.lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Awesome news Linda!!!!!!!

I'm sure DH is stressed because you're stressed. Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here forward and you'll be scrapping in your pretty new lavender room in no time. Dave will be able to relax knowing everything is finally done and you're happily scrapping away

You are right KIm... he is a high stress worry about things kinda person. He has always worried how we are going to move everything to are we going to find a home? to everything else & my stress too. I am sure it is because he is not able to do it himself this time.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I need to figure out all the inspection stuff so Dave doesn't have to do it. I will answer more posts later too.

GOOD SCRAPPY NEWS......:) :)Dave told me to have some scrappy stress shopping therapy yesterday. I placed an order here. :)I have been wanting to make a page about a telephone operator from the 40s or 50s or 60s. I have a pic of my Dad holding my beloved telephone operator toy in the 60s.I am in the pic too.
I also found 2 pics of real telephone operators at their switchboard in the 50s I think. I am going to add those too.

I did not even realize they have vintage phone papers out there that are current. October Afternoon has some. one of the pages is called telephone operator.They are perfect. I had to order some papers & journal boxes & stickers with phones.
I had to add some beautiful Prima papers that have been in my wishlist for some heritage pages.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics