Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to mrsdriver5

OK, here goes... I have finally figured out how to imbed a photo!!! (thanks Linda!):
untitled...so far..."Soccer" By Juansmom

This is my double page LO of Juanie and Joaquin playing soccer before Juanie could even walk!!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

Here is the closeup detail of the soccer ball:

Closeup of Soccer Ball By Juansmom

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Juansmom

Very cute Chris

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to SherylEb

I've never made a fleece blanket, but they sound like fun - especially since I don't sew! Do they come in kits or do you just buy the fleece and get to work?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Hi everyone!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
I've never made a fleece blanket, but they sound like fun - especially since I don't sew! Do they come in kits or do you just buy the fleece and get to work?

They do come in kits, but if want to customize the size or the design on the fleece, you just buy it and get to work - that's what I did. A few years ago I found a 10-yard roll of fleece with a design for my favorite baseball team on clearance, and this past weekend I finally cut into it and bought two yards of dark gray fleece to back it with.

Diva
In response to aquabunny

I am uaing the Knifty Knitter to make some hats for Handmade MInistry for residents of a nursing home. This is my weekend project.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-12 06:25 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

Chris that is adorable!!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I plan on getting some more of my cards cut on my Big shot. I had all the white cut but I realized I had cut them out of paper in a pack that was white but it really looked beige so I had to re cut them. I still need to do the scallops circles too.
MY friend & I aren't going to meet till next week. I haven't really worked on anything scrappy for a couple days.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Thanks Sheryl and Jarvae!!

Edited by Juansmom on 10-11-12 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Juansmom

My DS and DH are leaving today for a fishing trip. They will be back Sunday night and I leave Monday morning for a week in Tampa, FL at my DDs with my BFF.
I love to dig in and craft and make huge messes when no one is home but me. If i want to get up and work on stuff at 2am, I'm not gonna bother anyone. Hoping to get my SIL quilt done, some cards made, burlap wreath and Christmas trees made, who knows what done. And clean it up, and pack for my trip. Getting tired just typing it. LOL

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to SherylEb

I am going to an all day crop saturday...all day after a soccer game, drop off son at grandmas, n get a quick lunch. HA! Really though, I expect to be able to crop from @ 11:30 til 8, and should get lots done. I reviewed all the "completed" pages in my iris bin and pulled some that I need to make titles/journal on. I just decided that much of my journaling and titling I will be doing on my computer-ie. typing titles in cool fonts, printing them out, fussy cutting them, then putting on cardstock and re-fussy cutting them with a border of cardstock underneath. I just ordered a new printer on HSN yesterday, it was a value of the day on easy pay n was only $90. Three payments of $30 won't hurt at all!! I haven't had a printer in some time, so this will be nice!!! It is a HP and prints photo-quality, so I can use it for photo printing at home! Yay me!! Should be here in 9 days!!! I will probably run out of ink in 5 days after that! LOL!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-11-12 11:43 AM
In response to Juansmom

Yay for a printer! I will say that I have seen several people on here post about the importance of using the same brand of photo paper as your printer. I personally don't print photos at home, but lots of people say if you have a canon printer, use canon paper, etc.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Vae

Good advice about the photo paper...i actually have never printed a photo at home so this will be an experiment!! I think it will help when i want an 8x10 for an LO, I usually print everything at Sam's Club, but only do 4x6's unless I have a specific LO in mind that I want an enlargement for. I also usually cram many photos on a page...I can't edit...What if I forget that Juanie used to make that face, wear that cute outfit, have that haircut? Very few of my pages feature single phtots. When i do them, I like them, but then I think of all the wasted space where i could have put another pic! One exception is this page, it is so stand alone!!:

Water is Life By Juansmom

Edited by Juansmom on 10-12-12 08:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to Juansmom

I decided to take a break and drive down to Sarasota, Florida qith my baby grandson to see my 3yrs old grandson. I need grandma time!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey guys, I came out to cut some more of my dies & found I needed a new cutting pad set so I had to go & pick one up. I haven't gotten anything done yet. lol
I do hope to be able to soon.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
I have found the exact thing with my paper stash, Linda! I have tons of cardstock, but never the right color. Why? LOL I buy lots of brights, then choose papers to go with photos that are muted colors!! I guess I always assume that I will need the brights, esp with a small child as my main scrap topic...

I understand Chris. I have done the same thing by buying lots of certain colors for the kids pages. You are right about not being the right shade. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
I love seeing what everyone is working on! I didn't get any scrapping done over the weekend but had today off for Columbus Day so I ordered a bunch of pictures from Snapfish and have been working on journaling so that I can finish a few layouts in progress. I will be eager to see the soccer layout that was mentioned. I scrap a lot of soccer layouts and am always looking for new ideas!

Glad you are getting some journaling done on some unfinished pages. )I just got a photo order in last week. I love when they come
in.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Finished the fleece blanket! Got 9 out of 12 cards done for the Christmas gift baskets! More weekends need to be three-day weekends!

YEAH Bunny! Congrats on finishing the blanket & getting 9 of the cards done. :)WHOOHOO> you are right about 3 day weekends. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

These are fabulous! I love the way you added the pics to the hexagons. Your baby is so adorable. I left you some love.
I just thought of a title I have seen.
Our little soccer star

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics