Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

These are fabulous! I love the way you added the pics to the hexagons. Your baby is so adorable. I left you some love.
I just thought of a title I have seen.
Our little soccer star

Edited by anda11 on 10-13-12 03:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
I've never made a fleece blanket, but they sound like fun - especially since I don't sew! Do they come in kits or do you just buy the fleece and get to work?

Hey Kim, They are so very simple to make. YOu do not need a kit at all. You need to figure what size you would like to make. Is it a throw or a blanket? Then you pick a front pattern that you want. Then you pick something for the back too. Lots of times I use solids for the backs. One that goes with the fabric.
I will post a link in the next post with the instructions.

Edited by anda11 on 10-13-12 03:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey Kim, Here is a good one. I looked at some but this has 2 fabrics in the demo. It has 5 in long fringe. My dd & I love the longer fringe. Then you can use it for a kid or an adult.

http://www.instructables.com/id/No-Sew-Fleece-Blan ket/

Edited by anda11 on 10-13-12 03:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I am uaing the Knifty Knitter to make some hats for Handmade MInistry for residents of a nursing home. This is my weekend project.

That is a wonderful thing to do. I am sure they will love wearing them.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
My DS and DH are leaving today for a fishing trip. They will be back Sunday night and I leave Monday morning for a week in Tampa, FL at my DDs with my BFF.
I love to dig in and craft and make huge messes when no one is home but me. If i want to get up and work on stuff at 2am, I'm not gonna bother anyone. Hoping to get my SIL quilt done, some cards made, burlap wreath and Christmas trees made, who knows what done. And clean it up, and pack for my trip. Getting tired just typing it. LOL

That is quite a list Sheryl. lol I sure hope you do get it all done while they are gone. Enjoy your me time.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
I am going to an all day crop saturday...all day after a soccer game, drop off son at grandmas, n get a quick lunch. HA! Really though, I expect to be able to crop from @ 11:30 til 8, and should get lots done. I reviewed all the "completed" pages in my iris bin and pulled some that I need to make titles/journal on. I just decided that much of my journaling and titling I will be doing on my computer-ie. typing titles in cool fonts, printing them out, fussy cutting them, then putting on cardstock and re-fussy cutting them with a border of cardstock underneath. I just ordered a new printer on HSN yesterday, it was a value of the day on easy pay n was only $90. Three payments of $30 won't hurt at all!! I haven't had a printer in some time, so this will be nice!!! It is a HP and prints photo-quality, so I can use it for photo printing at home! Yay me!! Should be here in 9 days!!! I will probably run out of ink in 5 days after that! LOL!!

Congrats on your new printer! WHOOHOO. I am surprised how much they have come down in price over the years. My ancient one died last year so we got a new Epson that has a scanner & a fax for 80 bucks. I was shocked. lol
Have fun at your crop Chris! I know you will. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Good advice about the photo paper...i actually have never printed a photo at home so this will be an experiment!! I think it will help when i want an 8x10 for an LO, I usually print everything at Sam's Club, but only do 4x6's unless I have a specific LO in mind that I want an enlargement for. I also usually cram many photos on a page...I can't edit...What if I forget that Juanie used to make that face, wear that cute outfit, have that haircut? Very few of my pages feature single phtots. When i do them, I like them, but then I think of all the wasted space where i could have put another pic! One exception is this page, it is so stand alone!!:

Water is Life By Juansmom

Chris, this is a great page too. I love the pic! It looks like he loves it. I love your title & the heart. I left you some love.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I decided to take a break and drive down to Sarasota, Florida qith my baby grandson to see my 3yrs old grandson. I need grandma time!

WEll that sounds like a fabulous fun time. I know you will enjoy yourself. He will too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have all of my blue scallop circles done. I have the withe circles done too. I need to emboss one of the circles yet.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

circles are embossed. boy I love that embossing folder it was easy & fast. So easy to center :)Now I need to ink the edges

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Hey Kim, Here is a good one. I looked at some but this has 2 fabrics in the demo. It has 5 in long fringe. My dd & I love the longer fringe. Then you can use it for a kid or an adult.

http://www.instructables.com/id/No-Sew-Fleece-Blan ket/

Thanks so much Linda!!

One question though - does the size of the cut out corners have anything to do with the size of the overall blanket, or does it just determine the length of the fringe?

Its hard to explain so I hope that makes sense

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kim222

It's just to do with the length of the fringe (and the size of the blanket will shrink by that much - five-inch squares cut from the corners will remove ten inches from both the length and width of the rest of the blanket). Any shorter than 5 inches gets increasingly hard to tie.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

I am glad you were able to help her Bunny.

I have to ink my circles. Maybe I wll work on that this am.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

HEY GUYS, the blizzard fleece prints & solids are 60 per cent off at Joanns.

I needed to buy some for our dogs to lay on in the new house cause it is hardwood floors.WE have carpet here. I just use fleece here on the hard floors. I do not make a bed or anything. 2 of our dogs get hot easy.I just get a big enough piece for each dog. Then I can make it 1 layer if it is hotter. or I can make 4 layers. OR I can scrunch it up like a pillow. Then I just throw them in the washer when they get dirty. I got some more of the gorgeous stuff to go with the paper pad & embellies I bought before for my heritage. I am so happy.

here is the adorable brown dog print I got.

http://www.joann.com/blizzard-fleece-print -brown-tan-pa...

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I am going to ink my circles this am. We are both taking a break because we are both so sore. lol I have 3 back issues myself.
WE did get lots out of here yesterday. Dave was happy. WE donated most of our books to the library. He is an avid reader but he kept his favs. He loves the library.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Linda thanks for all the love!!

I have not scrapped since Saturday...the crop went well although I had a brain freeze for the first hour!!! my half-done LO was in front of me but I couldn't think of a thing to do. Finally I just cut some things out with a borrowed cricut and the dam burst. I like the completed pages, but at an 8 hour crop I only did like 5 pages...but completed another 3.

Juanies 4th birthday was Monday, and we had his party last night. Sooo much fun for him! Great frosting-on-the-face pics to scrap!! The cake was beautiful, Sams Club doesn't carry Thomas the Tank Engine cake decorations anymore, so the decorator and I created the design - a black and brown train track running across the top with grass fields on either side, I purchased a new Thomas engine and coal car to place on the track!! So adorable, and it served as a birthday toy/cake in one!!

Meanwhile, my scraproom is usually the dining room, so everything got moved around and out to entertain family and friends. Not only can I not scrap, I have to find everything!!! In fact, most of my good (ie. daily used) stuff is in the back of my car still!!!

Edited by Juansmom on 10-17-12 09:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to Juansmom

I think I am developing ADD in my old age. I have so many projects started and none finished. I just get tired of one and dream up another one and off I go. I got my bf a scrapbook shirt with "Queen of finished projects" on it and one for me with "Queen of unfinished projects" on it. It was really meant as a joke but,I guess its more on target than I though. Lol. I have a baby mini in progress (the baby is already 1 1/2 months old. I started the album before the baby shower), Halloween decorations( in a effort to use up my old halloween pp's), and several Christmas gifts. I wonder if there is a support group out there for someone like me?

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to tkurilla

I just found a clock on my celebrate with flourish cricut so I going to make a LO with it!!! and I go to a noon to midnight crop 3rd Saturday of every mouth getting reading for that!!!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

hi guys, I did get some of my circles inked but I still have more to do.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

hi dear friends, We are in huge packing mode, cleaning mode & downsizing mode. I just found some fab boxes that will help me pack my scrappy stuff & my albums.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics