Page 3 of 277 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

I have been painting the studio all day and should be done sometime tomorrow. It's sold white with lavender trim. when i am done i need to clean the rest of the house.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Stephanie D

I've now completed 33 pages for the Washington DC album. I had an absolute BLAST making the six pages to chronicle the "Art of Video Games" exhibit and found great materials for it in unexpected places - WRMK's Travel Light collection had the PERFECT paper (just needed to cover the top 3 inches, which gave me room to play with a Pac-Man motif), and the font on the Sweater Weather Cricut cart was a match made in heaven.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, I was way too tired to work on my pages last night. I couldn't even think creatively. lol I am going to try again tonight & see if I can.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to anda11

I'm getting ready to do my easter photos. This after taking several at the parade today

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cescrapper

I am working on a 2-pager for my grandma who passed away in Feb.

She was told in January that she had a year, max, to live. The picture I am scrapping is of her right after she found this out.

I had a new winter hat that everyone in my family hated. We were at my aunt's with grandma, and when my aunt went to her closet to get me another hat to wear (pleading with me to not wear the "ugly" one), grandma snatched the hat and was goofing off in it. It makes a great picture. It has to be a 2-pager cause of all the journaling that goes with it.

Grandma was like that right up till the end: joking and laughing. I told my mom that grandma taught us how to die. This picture is especially precious to me, and I want the spread to be absolutely perfect. Up until now, I didn't feel I could scrap it, but I think i'm ready now.

Kim

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to jaspernonyx

Finished my 100th layout of 2012 last night - but almost half of that (47 of them) has been in the past two weeks, working on the album from our Washington DC trip, and another 30 of them were for a gift album I did back in April. Hoping to finish the DC trip album this weekend and get pictures taken and posted. I am usually That Guy who always posts the whole album to SB.com at once, but I really think the torches and pitchforks will come out if I do that with this 60-page album. (I post them here less for the comments and more for a way to have them all in one place - it's nothing to do with trying to flood the main page, but rather my OCD-ish desire to have the pages go up in the right order.) Not sure how I'll go about doing it; I could post one day's worth of layouts at a time over the course of a week, but I'd have to go back-to-front, starting with the last day, so they'd ultimately show up in my album in the correct order. So vexing we can't change the order of photos once they're in an album. I would totally not be That Guy if I could just change the order after posting...

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to aquabunny

I have to work all day Saturday - bummer! But Sunday will be spent making a meandering travel mini (3" x 3") for Dr. Scrapman. I hope he likes it!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I have been busy doing house stuff. I haven't worked on those new pages I just started last weekend. I am feeling a bit better today. I did FINISH moving those pages from strap hinge to top load. YEAH!!! It was my last album to do. I am SO HAPPY about that. :)
I have a stack of my dd's photos & negs to go through & sort & file in my photo box of her. These are pics she took yrs ago. She took photography in HS. Then the only boxes of pics I have left are a couple with my maternal heritage pics that came from my Aunts' albums. I have to put them in photo boxes too. Then I think all of my photos will be in their proper boxes for when we move.
HUGE HUGS FOR ALL OF THE PMS & POSTS SENDING ME LOVE & HUGS ABOUT MY BROTHER.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

I am cleaning house and getting the studio back in order from painting last weekend. I will be cleaning and doing up the wash all night, I may have a customer and here soon to be DIL coming by this weekend. Yes will are in middle of painting the out side of the house and I just got done doing the drapes in the studio.. I am rushing to get thing back in to working order and looking good be for tomorrow.

I will post photos once it is all back in order..

have fun scrapping this weekend. I will try and check in

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
I am cleaning house and getting the studio back in order from painting last weekend. I will be cleaning and doing up the wash all night, I may have a customer and here soon to be DIL coming by this weekend. Yes will are in middle of painting the out side of the house and I just got done doing the drapes in the studio.. I am rushing to get thing back in to working order and looking good be for tomorrow.

I will post photos once it is all back in order..

have fun scrapping this weekend. I will try and check in

Hey Steph! I didn't read all the posts yet so I am very happy to hear that you got your studio painted. I am glad to hear you got new drapes done. YEAH Congrats on your new dil! I bet you are very happy. I hope you get all of your painting done & things finished before they come.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to theellenbee

• theellenbee Said:
I have to work all day Saturday - bummer! But Sunday will be spent making a meandering travel mini (3" x 3") for Dr. Scrapman. I hope he likes it!

HI Ellen, I am sorry you have to work all day on Sat. I am glad you will be able to work on something on Sun. a meandering travel mini sounds so pleasant. I really love the title & choice of words. I can't wait to see it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Finished my 100th layout of 2012 last night - but almost half of that (47 of them) has been in the past two weeks, working on the album from our Washington DC trip, and another 30 of them were for a gift album I did back in April. Hoping to finish the DC trip album this weekend and get pictures taken and posted. I am usually That Guy who always posts the whole album to SB.com at once, but I really think the torches and pitchforks will come out if I do that with this 60-page album. (I post them here less for the comments and more for a way to have them all in one place - it's nothing to do with trying to flood the main page, but rather my OCD-ish desire to have the pages go up in the right order.) Not sure how I'll go about doing it; I could post one day's worth of layouts at a time over the course of a week, but I'd have to go back-to-front, starting with the last day, so they'd ultimately show up in my album in the correct order. So vexing we can't change the order of photos once they're in an album. I would totally not be That Guy if I could just change the order after posting...

WHOOHOO!!! !00 pages is awesome!! I always post last to front. I read long ago that they were going to make it so we can change the order of our layouts in the future. I personally do not care if you post them all at once. I posted a recipe album 60 pages all at once a couple yrs ago. No one said anything to me. I know in other forums people hate it & pretty vocal about it meanly. I did see someone post asking about it when I did it in the gallery forum. She was very nice. I told her I was sorry if it bothered her. Half the people posted said they didn't care. Half said they did but no one of them was mean at all. They just said they prefer it but everyone was very nice & I did not feel bad. I see others post a couple pages of the gallery with their album often enough. Washington DC sounds like fun. I am going to scrap mine after we move but they will be in the heritage challenge. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to jaspernonyx

• jaspernonyx Said:
I am working on a 2-pager for my grandma who passed away in Feb.

She was told in January that she had a year, max, to live. The picture I am scrapping is of her right after she found this out.

I had a new winter hat that everyone in my family hated. We were at my aunt's with grandma, and when my aunt went to her closet to get me another hat to wear (pleading with me to not wear the "ugly" one), grandma snatched the hat and was goofing off in it. It makes a great picture. It has to be a 2-pager cause of all the journaling that goes with it.

Grandma was like that right up till the end: joking and laughing. I told my mom that grandma taught us how to die. This picture is especially precious to me, and I want the spread to be absolutely perfect. Up until now, I didn't feel I could scrap it, but I think i'm ready now.

Kim

Oh Kim, You have my deepest sympathies. This is such a touching story. I am so glad that you see it as her way of showing you how to die. She sounds like a very special woman. I am glad that you are able to work on the page now. I think you are a special woman to scrap her story for everyone to see in your family & friends. I looked at the page. I think it is PERFECT!! I left you some love. I hope it makes you feel a bit better now that you have scrapped it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to cescrapper

• cescrapper Said:
I'm getting ready to do my easter photos. This after taking several at the parade today

Hello, Easter photos sound like fun. I love scrapping them. I hope you got lots of pics at the parade.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I've now completed 33 pages for the Washington DC album. I had an absolute BLAST making the six pages to chronicle the "Art of Video Games" exhibit and found great materials for it in unexpected places - WRMK's Travel Light collection had the PERFECT paper (just needed to cover the top 3 inches, which gave me room to play with a Pac-Man motif), and the font on the Sweater Weather Cricut cart was a match made in heaven.

I am so glad that you found cool stuff that worked with your pages. I saw the WRMK line in person & it was cute.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
I have been painting the studio all day and should be done sometime tomorrow. It's sold white with lavender trim. when i am done i need to clean the rest of the house.

That sounds so pretty Steph.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
I was hoping to get something done today toward organizing my disaster so that I could get some layouts done on Monday, but I ended up spending the day trying to find out why my refigerated air isn't working correctly.

I am sorry that you haven't been able to work on anything scrappy organization yet. I think the air conditioning is important. DH can't take the heat & humidity since he had his heart issues.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Good luck on finishing the lo's you want to get done. I'm going to be visiting my 5 and 10 yr. old grandsons...no quiet time for scrapping with them But that's OK...lots of pictures will be taken!

I hope that you had a great time with them. I am pretty sure you did.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pwiswell

• pwiswell Said:
We are going to Lubec, Maine for the long weekend, however, I hope to find time to begin work on a toliet paper mini I've been thinking about. I'm taking some stuff with me to work on in my spare time. I am also working on a 2010 Christmas album. I only have a couple more lo's to do so hoping I can get those done before the weekend is over as well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I hope you got lots of good pics from your trip. I hope you all had fun. I hope you get your Christmas pages done. I do hope you are able to work on your TP mini too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
My daughter, granddaughter, hubby and I are going to Tahoe for a long-weekend visit with #1 son/family. We'll celebrate several birthdays that we've missed and enjoy a quick visit. We travel all day Saturday, visit on Sunday, then travel all day Monday, but since I'm mrsdriver I love it It's snowing in Tahoe right now so it will be a change from sunny San Diego. Won't get scrapping done, but I'll take a lot of pics for my Tahoe album.

I am so excited for your trip! I hope you all had such a fun time. Enjoy all of the birthdays!

Page 3 of 277 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics