Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-21-12 07:49 PM
In response to anda11

Good luck with everything Linda! I know that packing and all that is a huge job and usually a huge pain. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

Thanks hon. WE are feeling overwhelmed but we keep going. lol I can't wait till after we are there so I can get new cubes for my studio. lol Everything is bullt in here so I will need a bunch. lol I am going to paint it pink & green. Maybe the color of queen elizabeth roses. with a pretty soft green.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

good evening dear dear friend,
I am just checking in with some fabulous news.
We are both taking a break tonight cause we are both tired & sore. I cleaned my scrap table so I can finish inking my snowman circles.
the first thing is Dave dropped my camera. I am so glad. I went & got a new one last night. YEAH
Mine was about 12 years old. It is a Fuji Finepix. Even thought the MP number was very low, it still worked great cause it had this long zoom.
I never had a problem with it. I always loved the pics it took.
I got another one. The old was 450. this one was 179. The old cards were 40 bucks. these are 7. lol
The screen on the back is much bigger. It has such cool features. I really wanted a pink or blue one but they came with wrist straps. I really like having a reg strap. I saw a cool pink bag on amazon for it.

The other great news is our new owner did give up 45 days to leave. He has been so nice. He is worried about Dave's back & he told us to leave anything that is trash & his men will take it out for us. We have lots of furniture & big TVs that are trash. I thanked him & said Dave had been having chest pains nightly about all that stuff.
Then he said he will have 3 of his guys move everything in our house to the new house & they have a big truck. They are doing this all for free.
Dave was worried about how much the moving part would cost. now he is so happy & thankful.
I love that we have great people moving in here that love this house too. My parents built it as a frame house. In the 70s, my dad hired an architect to remodel & enlarge. They made it contemporary. IT looks like an office building with a silver roof. He loves it & he is an architect.

I wanted to tell you guys that my dad saved his papers every year from the 50s on. I know some is business for taxes but he kept his check registers & receipts for lots of stuff. I am going to go through them after we move & use some of them in my scrapbooks. I did know they were there.

SherylEb
Guru
SherylEb
In response to anda11

Linda, sounds like you've got some good news people there. So nice to see. Good luck with the move.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Linda, sounds like you've got some good news people there. So nice to see. Good luck with the move.

Thanks Sheryl, It sure makes it much much easier to have someone else love it like I do.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I haven't inked my cards yet. I have been trying to learn my camera.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

to my dearest friends, I just wanted to check in & let you know how things are going. WE have to be out by the 15. We have been very busy.
Some great news is I ordered my computer desk yesterday. It is antique white. IT comes with a hutch too. It has a pretty design on it.
We are going to start getting some cubes tonight.
I totally love this desk. I do not have any furniture to take. My computer sits on a formica counter like a kitchen.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Harbor-View -Computer-D...

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda—Hope you're getting a good handle on your packing. It sounds like things are working out well for you. If you have to move from a place you love, it's nice that someone is moving in who will also appreciate it.

Also hope you have time to take some pics of your move with your new camera. Amazing how bad stuff can turn into something good, isn't it?

How are your snowman cards coming? I love the ones you're doing, but not sure I'm going to get around to making cards this year. We'll see. Knowing me, I'll probably wait until a day or two before Christmas to get started :>)

Just wanted to check in with you and let you know I'm thinking about you and Dave moving. It's nice of the new guys to take some of the stress off of you two.~Judy

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to mrsdriver5

I've spent 4 months sifting through 1500 photos, finding just the right kits, alphas, and embellishments and FINALLY completed the first two pages of our DISNEY album! I'm beyond ecstatic! Now, just 98 pages to go in 30 days to complete it for my mom in time to have it printed for her Christmas present.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Jessica G-B

Ummm...sounds way too familiar :>) Finding and sorting the pictures takes me longer than anything else! Now that you've got that part done, you should have fun...Disney stuff is always fun to do!~Judy

samaclean
Tenant
samaclean

I am tackling years worth of professional portraits. I cleaned out the backs of the frames and have them sorted into chronological order by child. They are leaving me fairly uninspired. But I need to get them done.

ckair 
Resident
  • ckair on 11-06-12 02:07 PM
In response to samaclean

I am looking for a hexagon punch. I love the layout above with all the hexagons. Also, I saw a telescoping snowmen christmas card, but cannot find it now. Is that the same card being talked about? Thanks.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to ckair

It's Linda's card. She's been so busy I don't know if she'll have time to answer. I don't know where the picture is of what she's doing, but it sounded really cute in what she wrote about it earlier. I figured from what is written here I could figure out something~Judy

• anda11 Said:

You are so right Judy. lol We have a million sheets of paper but not the right shade. lol
Go ahead & make my snowmen. They are very easy.
just circle & scallops. She had embossed the middle circle with a snowflake but you do not have to do that at all & it will still be so cute. the carrot is simple. The hat was a punch. & some mini brads. She added a scarf & I may add one too but not sure yet.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Here is the cute cute cute card she is talking about that I am almost done making. it is very very easy

telescoping snowman card instructions

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Just checking in with all of my dear friends on this Fri night. : ) Since we are moving to a smaller home, We had to downsize our amount of stuff we are taking. IT is so funny because I was really worried about all these things I had collected & on display for years. I thought it would be so hard. IT was so very easy. lol While this stuff was pretty & cute, I found I did not love it anymore or I was over it. I had 6 showcases in my living room. Some had family stuff but most had stuff I collected for years. dolls, teddies, dishes, figurines etc.. I got rid of half my teddys & I still need to go through the other half. I was worried about Christmas stuff too. MY mom used to collect it & loved to decorate. I had boxes from my aunts & mom & ours. I am sure it was 25 boxes. I thought it would be hard. When I went through it, it was very easy to pick the items I wanted to take that meant the most of my mom 7 aunts. With our stuff, I now have 5 boxes. The truth is all this stuff has been overwhelming when decorating over the years. I still have to go through the other holiday boxes in the storage room. I did get rid of anything else that was in there.
Now I hope I can downsize my stamps. I have tons of drawers but they are 8x11 size.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi dear dear friends, Just checking in.
We are still going through some boxes & packing.
I am really wishing I could scrap something. lol :)I hope you are all having a great week!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just wanted to say goodbye dear dear friends. My son is taking our computers tonight to the new house. We have to be out Fri. Our new internet will not be on till MOnd. I am sooo tired of packing.
I love you all!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good evening dear friends!! It is time to start this thread back up. My son got called into work so he & his friend will be putting my desk together in my scraproom tommorrow. I sure miss being here. I d not know how much I will be able to do right away since I fell. I have not finished my cards yet. I just need to ink some & adhere them. Then add the brads & the greeetings & then the stiickles.
What are you guys working on?
I missed you!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

I have made about 6 or so Christmas cards...need to make a few more to send to New Zealand for my husband's family. They are supposed to be off by the beginning of December so I HAVE to finish this week!

I can't believe it's almost December! I'm planning on doing a December daily this year and tying it to the advent calender I always do for my son. So he can open a box a day on the calender and also pick out a prompt for us to do that day....document, and scrap!

I am so far behind on the planning and getting this together and I just realized this is my last week to get it all organized! AGGGH!

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I have made about 6 or so Christmas cards...need to make a few more to send to New Zealand for my husband's family. They are supposed to be off by the beginning of December so I HAVE to finish this week!

I can't believe it's almost December! I'm planning on doing a December daily this year and tying it to the advent calender I always do for my son. So he can open a box a day on the calender and also pick out a prompt for us to do that day....document, and scrap!

I am so far behind on the planning and getting this together and I just realized this is my last week to get it all organized! AGGGH!

Alison

Hi Alison, I totally agree with you about Dece,ber almost here now. I do hop you get your cards finished when you want them. I also hope you get those calender things done soon.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics