Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello everyone, I am working on my scraproom a bit. Dh started building my cubes again. He has built one a few weeks ago.
my bff called. WE are probable going to meet next week.

Diva
In response to anda11

Hope to finish decorating my little apartment for the holidays, clean up my scrapbook, go to church on SUnday to see the Children's Christmas play and if I can...maybe take a nap in between!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Hope to finish decorating my little apartment for the holidays, clean up my scrapbook, go to church on SUnday to see the Children's Christmas play and if I can...maybe take a nap in between!

I hope you get your apartment decorated. I hope that you get your scrap stuff cleaned. THat Christmas play sounds like so much fun. I do hope you are able to nap.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Hi Linda!!!!

I've been in a no scrappy funk lately LOL

I went to Massachusetts for 3 weeks, and then I flared quite badly for a month,,,,,I think my flare is finally over, and the joints are feeling a bit better, and I have 873 thousand things to do

I need to finish my Christmas cards
clean the house
Hanukkah starts TOMORROW night, so I have cooking and wrapping to do for that,,,,,
Hanukkah shopping is done, but not the Christmas shopping (the joys of a mixed marriage LOL)

I'm going to be crazy!!!!

Hope you've been well!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear friends, I am in my room to work on my cards. I want to finish them asap. My bff may not be able to scrap next week so I may not be able to do them then. We are going to have dinner at least. I did find my adhesive box & pen box. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
Hi Linda!!!!

I've been in a no scrappy funk lately LOL

I went to Massachusetts for 3 weeks, and then I flared quite badly for a month,,,,,I think my flare is finally over, and the joints are feeling a bit better, and I have 873 thousand things to do

I need to finish my Christmas cards
clean the house
Hanukkah starts TOMORROW night, so I have cooking and wrapping to do for that,,,,,
Hanukkah shopping is done, but not the Christmas shopping (the joys of a mixed marriage LOL)

I'm going to be crazy!!!!

Hope you've been well!

OH dear Holly, So good to talk to you. I knew you were gone. I am so sad to hear that you were having flares. Do not feel bad for taking a scrap break... you always produce such wonderful stuff so fast. Everyone gets that way sometimes. YOu were not feeling well either. I am glad you are feeling better so you may do all those holiday preparations with ease. I am glad you got part of your shopping done. Since you are super woman anyway, I know you will be able to do it all. So glad you are back.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

LOL, super woman, I am NOT, but I do what I must

complicate this weekend with a granddaughter's sixth birthday AND birthday party at Chuckey Cheese's and her first cheer competition,,,,,

and shopping, wrapping, cooking, Hanukkah,,

fortunately, I am not hosting a first night party for Hanukkah (thank god) and won't have my entire family here until NEXT weekend for LAST night,,,,,

well, let's just say I'm relieved.

Glad you found your pen and adhesive boxes I can't wait to see the cards you turn out

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to CommaHolly

I cried "mercy" today and bought some Christmas cards. (Note to Self: 1st New Years Resolution for 2013—Begin making cards for next Christmas as soon as the decorations are packed away from this Christmas!). I usually do a letter-size page of photos of us, our kids and grandkids, with some type of theme tying them all together. My brain won't come up with a theme, but everyone expects it to be included in their card, plus I give our kids a framed copy. I also need to get three calendars made at snapfish and I put lots of work into those, so with baking and decorating still to do, and time for fun stuff with family and church friends, store-bought cards it will be for this year.

Holly—I'm so glad I don't have a mixed marriage. I'm having trouble getting through Christmas. I can't imagine adding Hanukkah to the mix! Definitely sounds like double the work!

I keep telling Hubby that we're getting too old for all the decorating, but he's not convinced. We've spent several hours on the tree...and the back that no one sees is finally finished :>) Tomorrow I'll work on the front and he'll begin climbing trees in the front yard, putting up the 40+/- strands of lights that light up our street, along with lots of other decorations. The sad thing is that we live on a cul-de-sac so not many people see all of his work, but each year neighbors who have moved away bring their kids/grandkids by to see his handiwork. He may be 70, but he's still a little boy at heart and this is his excuse every year to go climb the trees lol ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

hi guys, I am now going to work on my cards again. I got distracted yesterday lol Dh is working on of my drawer cubes.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Oh, Judy, all the decorating and fuss is definitely worth it!! Happy first night of Hanukah, Holly!! Linda, glad you are back to scrapping!!

I wanted to do an advent caledar this year, but couldn't come up with a great idea...so on to other things. But for the last week, my son has been saying, "Mommy, how many days until Santa comes?" So out to the $ store I went today, I bought a cookie sheet, and 2 pkgs of holiday erasers, because there were 12 in a pack, a variety of holiday shapes n themes, n I didn't feel like searching for 24 individual knickknacks, n that was it. Joanns had a coil of magnetic sticky tape, so add a few sheets of coordinating scrap paper I already own, and for $3.79 plus tax, I have all the ingredients for a homemade Advent calendar! The paper is gonna be cut in squares, stamped with a number, n glued on the metal cookie sheet. The erasers have already had the magnet stuck on to fit, So once I punch out the papers n glue, we have a quick n easy pretty way to count down the days! I cant take all the credit, I saw it in a craft magazine, and am adapting it to my laziness and craftability. I will show pics later when I am done!!

Edited by Juansmom on 12-08-12 04:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have such a sweet dh. He is going to get us food so he said he would get me some cardstock so I can finish my cards. Our buyers told us that we could just leave anything we were going to throw away & they would have their guys move it to the trash since dave's back was so bad. How lucky we were for that. I left all my cardstock thousands of sheets. lots of it I got at a clearance place so I got reams for 2 bucks so I didn't feel bad leaving it. I also left tons of print too because I had massive amounts since I had been buying since 97 & I do cards. I am glad to not have so much to deal with. I did bring tons of print paper with me.

melissasmith
Resident
melissasmith
In response to anda11

I finally got an advent calendar done! So excited. I think it turned out bright and happy! Would love you to see and link your advent calendars if you have any. Love to see them!

http://thesmithgirlsspot.blogspot.com/

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey guys, I haven't gotten my cards done yet. I was going to work on them last night but dd came over & we visited with her. She came over tonight too. It felt so good to see her. She works exactly 2 miles from the old house so she would stop in more. My son lived 3 miles away & he would come over more.
He is moving next month anyway. It is only like 14 miles now but it was easier for them to stop on thier way somewhere.

I am going to work on them a bit now. I am making the hat for the sample.

Edited by anda11 on 12-10-12 07:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

Sorry about being MIA for so long. I started making some big life style changes. IE diet, working out trying to stop bad habits Ect. The last few week I start working on getting thing made for the house for Christmas. However, starting this week got super sick ended up in the ER twice.

However, I did find out some good news, I am about 11 week Pregnant.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Stephanie D

Congrats, Stephanie!! Great news for you...probably explains the trips to the ER??

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Juansmom

We did find out about it at our first Trip to the ER. However I just need to get a breathing treatment for my Asthma and a RX for Bronchitis.

When we moved here last year none of the home owner used the wood burning stoves in the winter. In the last few weeks it like everyone one is using them when they can the smoke kills me.

Thank you

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

hey guys, My goal for the weekend is to finish my cards & write the letter & get them ready for mailing. We have been xmas shopping & grocery shopping the last couple days. I know I need to read all your posts too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

hello guys, I am doing laundry, cooking & my cards. I want to finish them soon.
I have great scrappy news Those 6 cube things that won't hold 12x12 do have fabric bins that do fit into them. I didn't realize that Walmart had pink ones. I am so excited. They hold so much.
They were only 4 bucks. my big bling fit at an angle & there is a huge space for all the other sizes of it. I am going to store tons of stuff in them. They also had small pink fabric bins that fit on top. They were 2 bucks. They hold so much too. I am very excited. I am now considering keeping them since they hold so much with the bins.
one small one holds my xyron 250.
Mikes receipt says returns are up to 90 days.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

Congratulations Stephanie....what a wonderful Christmas surprise!

Linda, I'm glad you found a use for your stacking cubes....

I'm trying to finish up some Christmas cards as well.....if I could only get my cameo figured out!

Alison

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kiyawinn

Congratulations, Stephanie,,,,,,,

are you sure you want to do such a crazy---

never mind.

I'm teasing, obviously

I wish you the best,,,and a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby Is it your first?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics