Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Diva
In response to CommaHolly

I did all my gift wrapping, and cards for the cancer center and the office. I also made the scrapbook for the office. Got my sisters gifts ready to be mailed today after work. I need to complete the box for the swap and mail it tomorrow. Finishing up tonight cards fro friends and family to be int he mail tomorrow after work! Apartment all decorated for Christmas. Getting ready to go to Magic Kingdom on the 29 with daughters and grandsons. I have just to buythe gift for my two grandsons, one toy for each. Money is very tight but we can workout miracles!

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to bayamonesa1

Trying to find a few minutes this morning to print some of last year's Christmas photos to scrap. My desk has been used as the present wrapping center, so I've got to clear up that mess to scrap.

Diva
In response to DaisyButton

I just need to sign my Christmas cards for friends and family tonight so I can mail them tomorrow am!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to bayamonesa1

Yes this one will be my first child. I know its going to be a long long 9 month. For some reason I can now smell everything and I mean everything.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, I am just checking in for a moment. I know I still need to read all the posts yet. I have all the snowmen heads papers adhered. YEAH!!I sure didn't get my cards done this weekend. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good morning dear friends, I am hoping to get my cards done today. Then I have to write a letter & stickle them. Wish good thoughts that I do get far. I think I lost a couple days there. I did not realize how soon Xmas is till last night.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 12-21-12 03:46 AM
In response to anda11

I just got my cards in the mail on Monday!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Stephanie D

stephanie, the smells are one of the worst parts of pregnancy. I worked in a diner, and could not tolerate the smell of chopped steak, but a cheeseburger was ok. I had a customer who came in weekly and ordered chop steak. I had to have another server take the order to him. Someone at lunch brought in ham dinner, almost set me over the edge. The worst was I could not stand the smell/taste of my boyfriends mouth...his kisses repulsed me! He had never had bad breath before, so I could not understand it! I bit my tongue tho, because I love him!! Good luck!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Juansmom

We will see how bad it is christmas since, I have to make two type of fish one for DH and one for MIL. Pretty much chrismas has turned in to me being a short order cook for people this year. This is my big project for the season. The wreath I made based off a ideal i got from pinsterest and the stocking just kind help pull it all togeather.

Edited by Stephanie D on 12-23-12 03:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Very pretty Stephanie

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to SherylEb

December is such a busy month for us that I haven't gotten crafty a whole lot lately. I did 1 double page layout (unfinished!) and 3 Christmas tags (finished). Can't wait to get back to business

Happy Friday Eve everyone!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
LOL, super woman, I am NOT, but I do what I must

complicate this weekend with a granddaughter's sixth birthday AND birthday party at Chuckey Cheese's and her first cheer competition,,,,,

and shopping, wrapping, cooking, Hanukkah,,

fortunately, I am not hosting a first night party for Hanukkah (thank god) and won't have my entire family here until NEXT weekend for LAST night,,,,,

well, let's just say I'm relieved.

Glad you found your pen and adhesive boxes I can't wait to see the cards you turn out

Holly, you seem like Superwomen to us all the time. lol I did not wish you a Happy Hanukkah either. I am sorry. I hope you had fun at the birthday party.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I cried "mercy" today and bought some Christmas cards. (Note to Self: 1st New Years Resolution for 2013—Begin making cards for next Christmas as soon as the decorations are packed away from this Christmas!). I usually do a letter-size page of photos of us, our kids and grandkids, with some type of theme tying them all together. My brain won't come up with a theme, but everyone expects it to be included in their card, plus I give our kids a framed copy. I also need to get three calendars made at snapfish and I put lots of work into those, so with baking and decorating still to do, and time for fun stuff with family and church friends, store-bought cards it will be for this year.

Holly—I'm so glad I don't have a mixed marriage. I'm having trouble getting through Christmas. I can't imagine adding Hanukkah to the mix! Definitely sounds like double the work!

I keep telling Hubby that we're getting too old for all the decorating, but he's not convinced. We've spent several hours on the tree...and the back that no one sees is finally finished :>) Tomorrow I'll work on the front and he'll begin climbing trees in the front yard, putting up the 40+/- strands of lights that light up our street, along with lots of other decorations. The sad thing is that we live on a cul-de-sac so not many people see all of his work, but each year neighbors who have moved away bring their kids/grandkids by to see his handiwork. He may be 70, but he's still a little boy at heart and this is his excuse every year to go climb the trees lol ~Judy

Hey Judy do not feel bad about buying cards at all. Sometimes we have to do it. I do it some years myself. I hope you got all you dec & lights up.

Edited by anda11 on 12-27-12 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Oh, Judy, all the decorating and fuss is definitely worth it!! Happy first night of Hanukah, Holly!! Linda, glad you are back to scrapping!!

I wanted to do an advent caledar this year, but couldn't come up with a great idea...so on to other things. But for the last week, my son has been saying, "Mommy, how many days until Santa comes?" So out to the $ store I went today, I bought a cookie sheet, and 2 pkgs of holiday erasers, because there were 12 in a pack, a variety of holiday shapes n themes, n I didn't feel like searching for 24 individual knickknacks, n that was it. Joanns had a coil of magnetic sticky tape, so add a few sheets of coordinating scrap paper I already own, and for $3.79 plus tax, I have all the ingredients for a homemade Advent calendar! The paper is gonna be cut in squares, stamped with a number, n glued on the metal cookie sheet. The erasers have already had the magnet stuck on to fit, So once I punch out the papers n glue, we have a quick n easy pretty way to count down the days! I cant take all the credit, I saw it in a craft magazine, and am adapting it to my laziness and craftability. I will show pics later when I am done!!

Hi Chris, Your advent calender sounds cute. I hope that you got it done. I know your sone will love it. show us when done

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

From 12/22 to 12/26 I did eight layouts! I hadn't done any since late October (I was sick for a while in November, and when I wasn't sick I was pouring my energies into card-making and gift-making). That's probably it for the year though; I need to get some specific paper (that I can't find locally) and print some photos (TONS of them) in order to do much else.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to melissasmith

• melissasmith Said:
I finally got an advent calendar done! So excited. I think it turned out bright and happy! Would love you to see and link your advent calendars if you have any. Love to see them!

http://thesmithgirlsspot.blogspot.com/

Hi Melissa, Your advent calendar is amazing! I love everything about it. Congrats on getting it done.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

I think a table is needed for scrapbooking and mine seems to be buried. I guess housecleaning will have to come before scrapping ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
Sorry about being MIA for so long. I started making some big life style changes. IE diet, working out trying to stop bad habits Ect. The last few week I start working on getting thing made for the house for Christmas. However, starting this week got super sick ended up in the ER twice.

However, I did find out some good news, I am about 11 week Pregnant.

OH STEPH ! CONGRATULATION on your baby news. Well that is worth going to the er for. lol

I hope you go finished making your decorations.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
We did find out about it at our first Trip to the ER. However I just need to get a breathing treatment for my Asthma and a RX for Bronchitis.

When we moved here last year none of the home owner used the wood burning stoves in the winter. In the last few weeks it like everyone one is using them when they can the smoke kills me.

Thank you

I am glad you got something for your asthma. I hope they quit having fires. maybe they are having them for the holidays.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Congratulations Stephanie....what a wonderful Christmas surprise!

Linda, I'm glad you found a use for your stacking cubes....

I'm trying to finish up some Christmas cards as well.....if I could only get my cameo figured out!

Alison

Hi Alison, I hope that you were able to get the Cameo figured out & finished your cards.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics