Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • SherylEb Said:
Judy, congrats on the markers! Bet you will love them.

I was going to ask if you had them Sheryl? I don't have any yet myself but I do know about them & what they do. Do you love them? what do you use them on?

I only have a few. I was playing with blending them earlier. I think I would like more. I don't get the no. System to them yet, so Ned to research it before I buy.

thus the addiction begins... I don't blame you for studying up before you buy. That is smart.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I've learned this much about the Copic numbering system:
The letters are the color families:
B Blue
BV Blue Violet
V Violet
RV Red Violet
R Red
YR Yellow Red
Y Yellow
YG Yellow Green
G Green
BG Blue Green
E Earths
C Cool Grays
N Natural Grays
T Toner Grays
W Warm Grays

The 1st # is Color Saturation. 0-9. Lower numbers are vibrant; higher numbers have more gray.

The 2nd # is Color Brightness. 0-9 Lower numbers are light; higher numbers are dark.

To choose blending colors:
1. Match the color letters, keeping in the color family. (Reds go with reds, not reds with blues )
2. Match the saturation number to keep the tone the same.
3. Choose color brightness #s within 2-3 digits from each other. Use 0,1,2,3s for highlights; 4,5,6s for midtones; and, 7,8,9s for shadows.
4. Using more colors makes for smoother blends and more contrast.
Then, if I want to begin getting adventurous, sites say to try blending colors with different letters, but close to each other on the color wheel, keeping the two numbers similar. We'll have to see if I get that adventurous. Just opening the plastic container is scary enough

You can do a search to find a Copic Color Wheel online.

This is always my problem. I learn the "book work", but am afraid to jump into the "lab work" :>) I'm a better researcher than I am an artist! But my daughter will keep asking me if I've played with them, so I'll have to break them in soon.~Judy

Thanks for the info Judy. You better start playing.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Hey you guys!! How is everyone?!

Holly-that card is beautiful!! I didn't get to send out Christmas cards this year either--ran out of time. I'm taking Judy's great idea and I'm going to send out Valentine's day cards instead

Ooohh Lindaaaaaaaa!! Speaking of cards.......!!?! You know what I'm thinking...!!!

Judy!! A Copic Christmas!! How wonderful!! I can't get the hang of them. I really did try. I'm just not very good at coloring with them. You can always see the lines when I'm done. Even when I use the blender. I'd say practice practice practice and please don't wait until 2037 to share your results

Sheryl-how did your practice session with them go?

Hello KIm Glad you are here.:) No I have not worked further on mine yet. I do have my valentines done. I think I need to add stickles to hearts & add a heart sticker to the letter. the letter is a story about how my mom & I used to make valerntines & cards when I was a child.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
Hi Kim! I'm taking Judy's idea and sending out V-day cards too

Made 13 today!

thanks for the card compliment

YEAH on getting that many done. I just posted that I do have my valentiines done but I need to add stickles & a sticker to the letter. the letter is a story about how my mom & I made valentines & cards when I was a kid.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Hi Linda! You work fast if your Valentines are done! I did a bunch of them, but still need to do more!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
Hi Linda! You work fast if your Valentines are done! I did a bunch of them, but still need to do more!

no....I have a big secret... I actually made them a few years ago but never finished them. I put them in the top shelf of my card closet where I forgot about them.. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

YEAH.. I just finished adhering my large circles. I have to only adhere the center ones but I may have to do it after I do something else. I have to figure if I need to put the brads in & assemble before adding t he embossed circle.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

after a too-long hiatus from scrapping, I'm heading back to the scrap desk. So far this week I've gotten two mini-albums, a LO, and a card done and I'm about to go make another card. It feels good to be back!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
after a too-long hiatus from scrapping, I'm heading back to the scrap desk. So far this week I've gotten two mini-albums, a LO, and a card done and I'm about to go make another card. It feels good to be back!

welcome back Maria!! It is good you are back!

Congrats on getting so much done! WHOOHOO

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

Thanks, Linda. I was at Walmart today. Ours has next to nothing in the scrap section but old Jolee's embellies, Colorbok cs/pp and albums, and Elmer's adhesive. I was surprises to find a new display...K& Company smash books. I got a wild hair to make my own. I got some of the embellies, though. And some Elmer's 3D glue dots and a Xyron refill.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Thanks, Linda. I was at Walmart today. Ours has next to nothing in the scrap section but old Jolee's embellies, Colorbok cs/pp and albums, and Elmer's adhesive. I was surprises to find a new display...K& Company smash books. I got a wild hair to make my own. I got some of the embellies, though. And some Elmer's 3D glue dots and a Xyron refill.

Hi Maria, I am glad you got some stuff. I like old Jolees. I love new ones too. I think those smash books look so cool. I am glad you are going to make one of your own. THat will be fun. IT is always good to get more adhesives.

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to MrsD2008

I have a lot of things I should be doing this weekend, but I'm not. LOL

I need to mop my kitchen and bathroom floors, but technically that can wait until Monday. Since I have cream colored ceramic tile floors, a 13 yr old son, a 12 yr old son, a husband, and an almost 3 yr. old house cat who thinks she's a person, it seems I have to mop atleast 3 days a week and sweep daily.

My DH wanted me to finish the reorganizing of our bedroom this weekend. But theres sooo much stuff to sort through that it will probably be next weekend before I'm done. Normal people do spring cleaning, I do mine in the middle of winter!

One of my DH's distant cousins is supposed to stop by and bring someone with her. Yay!! (Not). I don't like her visits, and even though we haven't seen her in almost 3 years, I'm not into hearing her "poor me" stories about her 2 grandaughters with Asperger's. It's not that I don't sympathize, it's that I don't believe Asperger's should be used as an excuse to be violent, disrespective, destructive, or for acting like a "brat". I feel this way because my 13 yr. old has Asperger's. I understand that he has problems with crowds, loud noises, etc. but he does not get in the floor, kick, scream, hit, or bite someone if he's told "No" about something he wants. I've already been informed that if I say "no" about anything at my house to the GD she's bringing, then the child will hit me, bite me, or break something.

So, I'm going to let my DH handle the visit and I'm going to disappear to my room to finish sorting and organizing my scrapbooking supplies. And hopefully I'll get a couple of LO's finished. That's my goal for this weekend anyways.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Fri evening dear friends, Lots of great news tonight. I have been searching for vintage images for days. I wasn't able to print them again until 6 mos ago. I kinda forgot....The images are addicting. They are all fabulous Then I noticed lots of the sites are on Pinterest too. They have all their images there in catagories so I realized I could just use them there & not save on my computer. I have been searching for lilac stuff too for a a heritage page for my mom. I found a nice amount of stuff. Then I found an image of a woman or girl dressed as a lilac. lol WHOOO so cute..
Then I found a painting by a french artist of a woman holdiing lilacs. This is glorious. IT was done in the 1800s. I am so happy to find it. I did find some photos of women with lilacs too.
I have been fighting a stomach flu this week. Dh has it too. It has been great fun pinning & image hunting.
My son is bringing us dinner. MY little boy has a birthday today He is an awesome man.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to anda11

I started the weekend with lots of scrapping fun! I got about 7 pages completed-journaled and everything. I went online and ordered a bunch of pictures to begin new scrapping projects. Then I went to SB.com and placed an order of things I will need when those new pictures arrive! I got to use a coupon for my photos, the five dollar discount on SB.com, and a SB gift certificate so I spent less than 10 bucks which was fantastic. Can't wait for my orders to arrive! Happy scrapping everyone!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vintageivy

Flhomeschoolmom's.......I'm actually homeschooling my son as well (just turned 7, grade 2)...lots of fun!
Do you ever watch Parenthood? They have a son on there with Asperger's....I find it so interesting I love that show!

This weekend I'm taking my sister out for her birthday and will be making a birthday card for her tomorrow....anyone have any really great sister type poems for the inside?
I did one LO last weekend and would like to get some more done (I'm so behind!) but I've been organizing my photos and tagging them all in PSE.....taking forever!

Alison

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to kiyawinn

I have done at least four layouts and liked how they turned out. I hope to do some more this weekend. I just might order some supplies from my wishlist on sb.com

Justie

Sjess
Sjess 
New Kid On the Block
Sjess
  • Sjess on 01-18-13 09:04 PM
In response to justartguy007

Hi! I'm new here. Glad to be here.

I am clearing out my scrapbooking area so I can start on a scrapbook job my cousin has hired me to do. I'm making good progress, but still have a lot to get rid of so that I have room to work. Got some great football papers here I am looking forward to receiving.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda~Sounds like you're finding some pretty graphics you can use. Yea!

I print out a lot of my embellishments and have fun blinging them up, but a couple of other ideas that I do:

I buy cheap unruled index cards and print on them for smaller embellies.

I like to print some things three times, then pop-dot them one on top of the other and they look just like some of the expensive embellies you can buy. I often put a topcoat of Glossy Accents on the top layer to make it shine...or liquid pearls, stickles, glitter, embossing...any or all :>) Also I chalk the cut edges so they really stand out.

Have fun. I'm anxious to see what you come up with!~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mrsdriver5

Hi Linda! Hope your son had a happy birthday! Glad you are finding so many awesome images

I was lucky enough to have a play date yesterday with a new friend and all her amazing dies,,,,omgosh, and I thought I had a lot

we stamped and colored and die cut and went out to lunch and just had an amazing time!

Today, I had Michaels and Joanns shopping to do, the dog to take to the vet and grocery shopping to finish,,,,

so I didn't get to use any of the fab die cuts I made, but tomorrow, after I clean up around the house a bit, I'm planning on playing with them!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

PS,,,,,,,

in 2 days I've bought 6 dies! 4 single dies, (2 from Quickutz, 2 from My Favorite Things),,,and 2 sets of spellbinders, Fleur de lis squares and Ribbon Banners,,,,,,squeel,,,,,, ,so much fun to play with!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics