Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to CommaHolly

Friday night is family game night here, so no scrapping last night. I intend to scrap tonight, after work.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

Hols! I've missed you! and your little commas, too.

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to anda11

This is my 4th weekend in a row of being laid up sick. Had a wedding to go to today, but I fell off a small step ladder (the bolt actually rusted through, come to find out: the hard way I might add) this morning & am now so sore I can barely move so...no plans for me. I'm working on: a LO honoring my Dad, who farmed a small place in S. IL; a page showing my daughter & her best buds thru the years, a Father's Day LO to honor my hubby being an amazing Dad & a 2-page LO re: the bald eagle that we LOVE to go upriver & see how many we can spy.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Holly have fun with your new dies. I just spent the last few hours dying seam binding. I'm finding I use my dyed seam binding so much more than ribbon. I love it so much more than ribbon any more the seam binding seems to look better!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Sneezy1956

I printed a few pics to scrap...but I also want to make my own smash book...told L'il Bit that if she picked up her toys, she could scrap with me. If she didn't pick up her toys, I would scrap while she picked them up. I worked to pay, and she's been with her daddy.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

I love this post....always read it to see what everyone else is up to on the weekend.

I spent today going through my boys' outgrown clothes...what a chore! Tomorrow we have a lot going on...but Monday I am off from school so that is going to be my scrap day.! Yeah!

Hope everyone gets some scrap time this weekend or week too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to flhomeschoolmom

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I have a lot of things I should be doing this weekend, but I'm not. LOL

I need to mop my kitchen and bathroom floors, but technically that can wait until Monday. Since I have cream colored ceramic tile floors, a 13 yr old son, a 12 yr old son, a husband, and an almost 3 yr. old house cat who thinks she's a person, it seems I have to mop atleast 3 days a week and sweep daily.

My DH wanted me to finish the reorganizing of our bedroom this weekend. But theres sooo much stuff to sort through that it will probably be next weekend before I'm done. Normal people do spring cleaning, I do mine in the middle of winter!

One of my DH's distant cousins is supposed to stop by and bring someone with her. Yay!! (Not). I don't like her visits, and even though we haven't seen her in almost 3 years, I'm not into hearing her "poor me" stories about her 2 grandaughters with Asperger's. It's not that I don't sympathize, it's that I don't believe Asperger's should be used as an excuse to be violent, disrespective, destructive, or for acting like a "brat". I feel this way because my 13 yr. old has Asperger's. I understand that he has problems with crowds, loud noises, etc. but he does not get in the floor, kick, scream, hit, or bite someone if he's told "No" about something he wants. I've already been informed that if I say "no" about anything at my house to the GD she's bringing, then the child will hit me, bite me, or break something.

So, I'm going to let my DH handle the visit and I'm going to disappear to my room to finish sorting and organizing my scrapbooking supplies. And hopefully I'll get a couple of LO's finished. That's my goal for this weekend anyways.

Well, I do hope that you put off cleaning until Mon. I also hope that you do let your hubby deal with the company so you can finish your organizing & sorting:) I hope you are able to scrap a couple pages too

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
I started the weekend with lots of scrapping fun! I got about 7 pages completed-journaled and everything. I went online and ordered a bunch of pictures to begin new scrapping projects. Then I went to SB.com and placed an order of things I will need when those new pictures arrive! I got to use a coupon for my photos, the five dollar discount on SB.com, and a SB gift certificate so I spent less than 10 bucks which was fantastic. Can't wait for my orders to arrive! Happy scrapping everyone!

WHOOHOO! yeah on getting 7 pages finished. A bigger YEAH for the picture order. I HUGE YEAH for your scrapbook.com order. I love getting orders in the mail.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Flhomeschoolmom's.......I'm actually homeschooling my son as well (just turned 7, grade 2)...lots of fun!
Do you ever watch Parenthood? They have a son on there with Asperger's....I find it so interesting I love that show!

This weekend I'm taking my sister out for her birthday and will be making a birthday card for her tomorrow....anyone have any really great sister type poems for the inside?
I did one LO last weekend and would like to get some more done (I'm so behind!) but I've been organizing my photos and tagging them all in PSE.....taking forever!

Alison

Hi Alison, We watch Parenthood every week too. WE love it. I am sorry to say that all my info books & binders are still packed. I would try the resources here. I would also google sister poems.
You may have finished this card anyway. Have fun with your sis.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to justartguy007

• justartguy007 Said:
I have done at least four layouts and liked how they turned out. I hope to do some more this weekend. I just might order some supplies from my wishlist on sb.com

Justie

Hey Justie Glad you are here. That is great that you finished 4 layouts & love them I also hope you are able to do more & order here. YEAH

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Sjess

• Sjess Said:
Hi! I'm new here. Glad to be here.

I am clearing out my scrapbooking area so I can start on a scrapbook job my cousin has hired me to do. I'm making good progress, but still have a lot to get rid of so that I have room to work. Got some great football papers here I am looking forward to receiving.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

We are so glad that you decided to join us here!

I just read your profile.. If I didn't have my scrapping & my dear wonderful people here, I would be depressed. Scrapping lifts my spirits even during grief. All the people here are so sweet & friendly. They are all so helpful too. I just started working on my heritage pages. There is a heritage challenge here every month. It is great fun. The only rule is you have to have pics from the 60s & before. She always has a suggestion but you do not need to do it. I mean she may say scrap something funny. I just started it. I did 2 months & there is a holiday break. You should think about that.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Linda~Sounds like you're finding some pretty graphics you can use. Yea!

I print out a lot of my embellishments and have fun blinging them up, but a couple of other ideas that I do:

I buy cheap unruled index cards and print on them for smaller embellies.

I like to print some things three times, then pop-dot them one on top of the other and they look just like some of the expensive embellies you can buy. I often put a topcoat of Glossy Accents on the top layer to make it shine...or liquid pearls, stickles, glitter, embossing...any or all :>) Also I chalk the cut edges so they really stand out.

Have fun. I'm anxious to see what you come up with!~Judy

Those are great ideas Judy! I love when it is 3 d. I found some more lilac postcards on ebay. tons. lol some of them were so cool.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
Hi Linda! Hope your son had a happy birthday! Glad you are finding so many awesome images

I was lucky enough to have a play date yesterday with a new friend and all her amazing dies,,,,omgosh, and I thought I had a lot

we stamped and colored and die cut and went out to lunch and just had an amazing time!

Today, I had Michaels and Joanns shopping to do, the dog to take to the vet and grocery shopping to finish,,,,

so I didn't get to use any of the fab die cuts I made, but tomorrow, after I clean up around the house a bit, I'm planning on playing with them!

Holly, I am so glad that you and your friend were able to play and have such fun. I hope that you get all of your errands done too. I hope you found some cool stuff at the stores.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
PS,,,,,,,

in 2 days I've bought 6 dies! 4 single dies, (2 from Quickutz, 2 from My Favorite Things),,,and 2 sets of spellbinders, Fleur de lis squares and Ribbon Banners,,,,,,squeel,,,,,, ,so much fun to play with!

WHOOHOO Holly, I think you are trying to keep up with your friend. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Friday night is family game night here, so no scrapping last night. I intend to scrap tonight, after work.

I am so glad you will be able to scrap >

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to flwrgrl

• flwrgrl Said:
This is my 4th weekend in a row of being laid up sick. Had a wedding to go to today, but I fell off a small step ladder (the bolt actually rusted through, come to find out: the hard way I might add) this morning & am now so sore I can barely move so...no plans for me. I'm working on: a LO honoring my Dad, who farmed a small place in S. IL; a page showing my daughter & her best buds thru the years, a Father's Day LO to honor my hubby being an amazing Dad & a 2-page LO re: the bald eagle that we LOVE to go upriver & see how many we can spy.

I am so deeply sorry that you fell.

I am sorry you have been taking so long to heal. I fell 3 days after we moved in Nov. i was so sore, I couldn't use my hands either. I was not able to go anywhere. I am so glad that you are able to work on pages. That eagle paper is so pretty. Good choice.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Holly have fun with your new dies. I just spent the last few hours dying seam binding. I'm finding I use my dyed seam binding so much more than ribbon. I love it so much more than ribbon any more the seam binding seems to look better!

HI Jane, That sounds like fun. I have seen people list it on their pages. It does look great! I may have to try that someday.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I printed a few pics to scrap...but I also want to make my own smash book...told L'il Bit that if she picked up her toys, she could scrap with me. If she didn't pick up her toys, I would scrap while she picked them up. I worked to pay, and she's been with her daddy.

I am glad you got some pics done. I hope you have time to do the smash book. Does she like to scrap? I bet she does.

Edited by anda11 on 01-20-13 05:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to ScrappinMom4

• ScrappinMom4 Said:
I love this post....always read it to see what everyone else is up to on the weekend.

I spent today going through my boys' outgrown clothes...what a chore! Tomorrow we have a lot going on...but Monday I am off from school so that is going to be my scrap day.! Yeah!

Hope everyone gets some scrap time this weekend or week too.

Hi Rhonda, I am so glad you are here too. IT is always fun to see what is going on. You will feel better after you get the clothes done. Monday isn't very far away

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

So far this weekend I haven't gotten any scrapping done. I got lost in the gallery yesterday It did do me some good though because I found some great ideas for scrapbooking pages that I do not have photos for.

Last night I was sorting through supplies and a black paper and a black and white junk mail card jumped out at me saying "make me into a flower". So I did. Then I began to wonder where on earth I'd ever find a use for black flowers. The more I looked at the flowers, and the more I thought about them, I realized that I had a LO that I had been wondering how to embellish. The flowers were perfect. The LO is "My Not So Sweet Sixteen". It's a birthday LO. Or, well one photo was taken the day before my 16th birthday and another was taken on my 16th birthday. It's not a party LO. I wouldn't call it a happy LO. I've thought about using the pink and blue pregnancy/infant loss ribbons on the LO. But even those do not do justice to what my mood was. The photo taken the day before my birthday fits the darkness of that birthday, its me dressed in all black and holding a rose my grandparents sent to my school (it arrived a day early, so the picture was taken a day early). The other photo is me, in bed, with a very small cake sitting on my bed. I made an attempt at "being silly" for my grandparents sake. But, the day was so "dark" that it was rather late that night before even they realized it was my 16th birthday. I was on forced bed rest, with my feet elevated until surgery the next day. Umm, it's such a dark birthday because I learned that day that the baby I had been carrying for 2 1/2 months was gone....that was 18 years ago today. I might play with that LO today.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics