Page 4 of 117 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Karen_in_WA

• Karen_in_WA Said:
My plan for the long weekend is to complete at least 10 more pages from my cruise, and hopefully to get workable pictures of them so I can start putting pages on site here

I hope that you have been able to work on some of your cruise pages. I hope you are able to get them posted too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Got 3 more pages done in our Washington DC album, and placed several online orders for more supplies. I had ordered a great paper stack from Joann's for 50% off with free shipping, but then it turned out to be out of stock. Boo!

But I also found a paper pattern with bottle caps on it, so that's pretty great.

YEAH on finding more stuff on sale.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Hello dear friends, Things are moving quickly here. We listed our home & got 5 offers right away. It looks like it will sell asap. I thought it would take a month or 2. We have been working on the house & I have been scrapping when I can. We can no longer take care of it & it costs more than we can afford now that dh has gone on retirement. It is 2 acres.
It needs lots of work on the house too. I am ok with moving but this was my childhood home. I watched my Daddy lay every brick. This is still heart breakiing to me. My sweet husband has been forcing me to go to crops and meet my friend to crop at Archivers as often as we can because he know I am very sad & he knows it gets my mind off of things.
Today I have some boxes of memorablia to file in my storage boxes. I also have 3 drawers that have my old work pics & memorablia in the along with other stuff so I have to go through all of those & find a space in my boxes for them. I have a plastic tub full of photos mostly. I have to do the same thing & put them in photo boxes.
I am sorry I have been such a Debbie Downer lately.
What are you guys doing?

This is a very difficult thing to go through,,,,

I'm sorry After my dad died, my mom sold our family home,,,,,basically for the land (which was worth far more than the house, being that the property was on a lake),,,,,

they ripped it down and built a HUGE house in it's stead,,,,,,,,,,,still makes me cry when I pass it the brick BBQ my dad built is still in the back yard, though,,,,,and I smile when I see it, I watched him lay all the bricks for that too.

This week I'm making graduation cards, finishing a mini album,,,,,,,and practicing coloring with pencils and baby oil, which I am loving.

I do hope the cropping is helping you deal with the grief,,,,

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Linda, I don't mind when people post a lot of layouts at once but I don't think it is fair to the poster because they do not get the attention they deserve.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to anda11

Cleaning, crafting, getting ready for work tomorrow.....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mia1979

I have had 2 layouts (1 page each) on my desk forever and just stared at them, nothing would come to me. I finally decided that they were worth scrapping and remembering so I buckled down and did them this morning. I actutally love them! THey aren't quite finished but I'm very happy with them. Just had to force myself to do them. So glad they are behind me though!

Now I'm to a two page layout that I'm having a lot of fun with. One page is my son's first time at the shooting range (He did great!)

THe right side is me shooting my Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 and at the bottome is my Sexy 6' bodyguard shooting his Glock.

I'm having fun with these pages. Not getting terribly creative because I have paper with a bull's eye and "Right On Target" so there isn't much I'm going to do with embellies. I may do one more page about "Sam" (Bill's Glock" and "Sammy" (My Smith & Wesson). That could be fun.

After these 2 or 3 pages I move on to the month we were in Hawaii in Jan-Feb. Lots there. Probably a full 3-ring 12 x 12 binder but I won't know until I get into it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-04-12 05:40 PM
In response to Henri Jean

Wow, sounds like lots of folks took some fun trips over the long weekend! Can't wait to see some of the LOs that come out of them!

I have not been able to scrap much at all in the past few weeks. On Saturday a friend of mine came over, and I showed her my engagement pages. Each page had one little thing that I still needed to do before they were completely finished. So this morning I made myself finish all of them, and then I took pictures and posted them up here. I wish I'd been able to do some new LOs, but I hope to this upcoming weekend.

Wow, I hope you're right about being able to rearrange the order of our photos! I didn't think to post them in order but it would be nice to be able to change them.

Question - why do people get upset when you post a bunch of pages all at once? I've never heard of this?

Henri Jean, I can't wait to see your shooting range pics! I have been wanting to do a shooting range LO but I have a really hard time getting any decent pictures. I shoot at an indoor range and the light is just horrid, so all my pictures are either really dark or washed out from the flash.

Linda, how are your projects coming along?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Vae

Finished the 60-page Washington DC album tonight! Woo!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I found really great paper that says, "Right on Target" in white on black paper and then also in white it has a bull's eye. Really cute. Since that was all in black and white I followed the rest in black and white with the color photos.

The titles/journaling is typed as more of a title, not many words, on white and then put on a black mat with white double mat. I like the effect.

Now I'm almost finished with the first 2 pages of Hawaii - or at the point where I can put them in a file to finish when I get to the next crop. THen I will do the finishing touches and gle it all down.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-04-12 07:33 PM
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Finished the 60-page Washington DC album tonight! Woo!

Woohoo! Congrats!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-04-12 07:35 PM

• Henri Jean Said:
I found really great paper that says, "Right on Target" in white on black paper and then also in white it has a bull's eye. Really cute. Since that was all in black and white I followed the rest in black and white with the color photos.

The titles/journaling is typed as more of a title, not many words, on white and then put on a black mat with white double mat. I like the effect.

Now I'm almost finished with the first 2 pages of Hawaii - or at the point where I can put them in a file to finish when I get to the next crop. THen I will do the finishing touches and gle it all down.

That paper sounds adorable! I'm sure I'll be adding something like that to my wishlist or shopping cart soon. I promised the hubs I'd go on a spending freeze for a while. He very nicely mentioned that I might spent a little less time shopping and a little more time actually scrapping. LOL!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Vae

I am working on the June Heritage Challenge which involves a photo before 1960 and a "twist:" it has to include a male. I am doing a 2-pager about my grandpa, who died of alcoholism the day b4 my 12th birthday. Grandma was married to him for 36 years, and for most of that time, he was an alcoholic. He put her through hell, spending the family grocery money at the bar. There is a lot of bitterness in our family b/c of grandpa. No one talks about memories of him at all, and I wanted to change that.

Whenever grandpa was drunk (which was all the time, tho he DID hold down a job), he talked about his sister Arlene. When he was little, he watched in horror as his sister got her shoelace caught in the bus door and was dragged down the street, killing her. He was always talking about Arlene. I think surely the man deserves compassion, not contempt, and i am trying to capture this in my layouts.

Kim

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I am forcing myself to work on my dd pages again. I hoping they help me. It is the starry night ones that I started last week. They are cute papers.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Jarvae - if you want I'll get info to you about the "Right On Target" paper - its perfect for target shooting layouts. Just let me know. I still have the strips on the pages so I can see who makes them if you want that info.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-05-12 03:09 PM

Oooh yes please! I'd love to know. Hopefull they are still available somewhere. Thanks Henri Jean!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

sending you a pm.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-05-12 07:02 PM

Linda, good luck on your pages! I know it's hard sometimes to finish something. I get so "stuck" sometimes. I have a few pictures that I have been staring at for a month. I hope you find your muse tonight and are able to get some pages made!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-05-12 07:03 PM
In response to Vae

Thanks Henri!

Heather N
Expert
Heather N
In response to anda11

Hang in there Linda. All I am doing now is scrapbooking now that I am out of a job.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends... My friend & I were going to meet to crop this am but she is sick. We will go as soon as we can. I am going to try & work on those same pages.

Page 4 of 117 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics