Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to mrsdriver5

Sorry Judy!! Wasn't trying to add to yours--just trying to cover everyone I read in the last couple of pages.

Let me know when you're up to #10

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I hope you are all ok today. I am feeling better today. I put my last box away today. I am going to work on my cards. I haven't worked on them since forever. lol I sure hope lots of you will be doing stuff tonight & this weekend too. I know I still have some new posts to read yet. I totally forgot about the Pinterest post I started. I never finished checking out the rest of them. I want to do that too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I'm trying to work on Valentine cards, but just like the Christmas cards...I waited too long. You'd think I'd learn sometime...I mean I have a calendar right on the side of my e-mail screen. Yep, sure enough...Feb. 14th is listed on there.

I'm almost done with my mom's. Ok, I'm maybe half-way done, but she's the main one I want to get done, plus a couple to take to people at church on Sunday. We're having a family Valentine party on the 16th, so I actually have a couple extra days for some of the cards, but the ones for the mail...not so much spare time!

At least I finally got my Cameo out and have it up and running. My problem is I want to try all the nifty techniques I see and I can't get them all on a card :>)

Jarvae, I also said I didn't think card making was for me, but anymore it seems like that's all I do. I haven't worked on a LO since before Christmas.

OK, Ms. Cameo is done doing her thing, so I'd better figure out the next step. Have a good weekend everyone~Judy

Hi Judy, I do hope that you did get your valentines done in time. I am so glad you are playing with your cameo. YEAH I really think you should name her instead of calling her Ms Cameo. LOL I think most people do say that they are not going to do cards but so many end up doing it & become addicted too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Judy, you're starting to make me nervous. I guess I never stopped to think about how close Valentines Day is. I have 25 things to get made for our valentines sacks at work. I have the stuff, just need to get busy. I guess I know what I have to work on this weekend! I got note pads that I will cover with paper and make a cover for. I got a pad of 12 at an office supply store like less than $7.

Hi Sheryl, I do hope that you finished your valentines stuff for your work people. I think those pads looks so awesome when they are done.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Hi Linda, I'm so glad you love your new home, although I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Hopefully you'll be feeling better today.

Sheryl, I can't wait to see these notebook covers. Sounds like a great idea and very practical. Will you post pictures?

Judy, I can definitely see how it can be addictive. Most of the people I know don't appreciate cards. I think for Christmas we received maybe 6 of them and I send over 100 every year. They are store-bought cards, but I always get the very nice fancy ones. But still, most of the people in my life just don't care about cards anymore. I love to receive "real" mail but some days I feel like I'm the only one.

I didn't post about it here yet... but I made my FIRST ever card for one of my closest friends. She is pretty much the only person I know IRL who enjoys my scrapbooks and asks me about it. But it did take me a long time (about 6 hours split between 2 nights) to make it so I don't know that I'll make many more. Maybe for very special people on very special occasions.

Wicked Thank You card

By Jarvae

That is an incredible card Jarvae. I sure can't believe it is your first but I know how talented you are so I can believe it. lol I left you some love You can always make cards to give away. There is someone here that collects cards for a kids camp(maybe they are abused). She collects them all year. There are always people sending cards to the military. some to the soldiers in the field & other to wounded ones. They can use many types of cards because the military get them so they can send them home for a birthday or holiday.
You couls also make them for nursing homes.

Edited by anda11 on 02-15-13 02:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
That's a beautiful card, Jarvae! I was buying some more stamps today at J's (big Fiskar ones for $2-something, then another 20% taken off!) and told hubby I shouldn't be buying them since time and cost per card is ridiculous. One card may not cost that much, but I HAVE to buy a whole paper pad to get the colors I want...and a couple of new ink colors...and a couple new stamps...and a new shade or two of stickles...and just a few packs of embellies. Yes, I can use all the remainders on other cards, but that kind of means I'm caught up in the card-making cycle.

I always feel funny giving somebody a homemade card, like they're going to think, "Hmmph...I wasn't even worth a trip to the store for a real card." I don't think non-crafters have a clue of what goes into the making of a card. I always feel like they think of me like a little kid, a little construction paper, glue and glitter and that's all it takes. Uhhh...not quite!

I'm gradually getting over that feeling since each time I've given a card, people call to thank me...something they never did with a store card. My family all keep the cards I make, so I guess I'll keep on...~Judy

Hey Judy, congrats on the new stamp stuff. You are so right about cost of a single card. lol
Do not feel bad about sending them to everyone. When I was a kid, my mom & I sent home mde cards to people all the time. Everyone thought they were great. It was the normal thing to do so no one felt like it was wrong. YOu put your love into making that card for someone & they will see how much you put love was there. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
I haven't done anything crafty yet...borrowed a laptop from hubby's grandpa so I could do our taxes. I'm planning to do them Monday when L'il Bit is at school. Until then, I'm using it to catch up on anything and everything. It's not easy being on here (and Facebook, and some of my other boards) from my phone.

I hope that you got them done.

I did. We are getting a hefty chunk back, and I'm replacing my laptop and cell phone, and buying the kids tablets for their birthdays. I found $60 tablets at WalMart online.

WHOOHOO Maria! I am so excited for you. That sounds like a great deal at wallys. I am sure the kids will love them. I know you will love your new laptop & phone too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

[quote=BlingQueenRia][quo te=anda11][quote=BlingQue enRia][quote=anda11][quot e=BlingQueenRia]I printed a few pics to scrap...but I also want to make my own smash book...told L'il Bit that if she picked up her toys, she could scrap with me. If she didn't pick up her toys, I would scrap while she picked them up. I worked to pay, and she's been with her daddy.
[/quote]

I am glad you got some pics done. I hope you have time to do the smash book. Does she like to scrap? I bet she does.
[/quote]

She loves to scrap. She's like her momma and loves the bling. We spent the early afternoon making puzzles while we wait for the glitter glaze on chipboard letters to dry.

[/quote]

That is great Maria! Who wouldn't like bling??
[/quote]

I know, right? I didn't get crafty this weekend, I worked yesterday and had a full day with my son today. But I did get crafty this past week. Lemme go get the pic from Photobucket...

[/quote]

I am glad you were able to get crafty this week.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
L'il Bit is having a "happybirthday" party next month, and her theme is Hello Kitty. These are the invites I made for her to hand out to her little friends. I made six:

Those are adorable invites Maria!! I love scallop cards. I love everything. YOu did a fab job. I didn't see it in your gallery to leave love.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:
That's a beautiful card, Jarvae! I was buying some more stamps today at J's (big Fiskar ones for $2-something, then another 20% taken off!) and told hubby I shouldn't be buying them since time and cost per card is ridiculous. One card may not cost that much, but I HAVE to buy a whole paper pad to get the colors I want...and a couple of new ink colors...and a couple new stamps...and a new shade or two of stickles...and just a few packs of embellies. Yes, I can use all the remainders on other cards, but that kind of means I'm caught up in the card-making cycle.

I always feel funny giving somebody a homemade card, like they're going to think, "Hmmph...I wasn't even worth a trip to the store for a real card." I don't think non-crafters have a clue of what goes into the making of a card. I always feel like they think of me like a little kid, a little construction paper, glue and glitter and that's all it takes. Uhhh...not quite!

I'm gradually getting over that feeling since each time I've given a card, people call to thank me...something they never did with a store card. My family all keep the cards I make, so I guess I'll keep on...~Judy

Thanks Judy Yeah I know what you mean. Most people have no idea what goes into these kinds of things unless they are scrappers themselves. I was talking to a friend of mine about the wedding album I'm doing and how much it costs and she was like "umm, it's paper and stickers... how much can it be?" I just laughed and said nevermind. But I'm glad hubby doesn't give me much grief about what I spend. I always tell him... it could be worse. I could collect shoes. They cost more and take up more space". LOL. Of course, we don't discuss my obsession with purses.

WHAT PURSES??

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I REALLY wanted to do some scrapping this weekend, but...

Sat. morning our local family met at a breakfast buffet and although we see each other all the time, we have so much fun together. The waitresses know we'll be there forever, so aren't surprised when we stay for 4 hours. I have no idea what we find to talk about. So, that took the morning. Then hubby and I had some basic errands to do...library, gas, refinance the house so we could afford to get gas , and a trip to J's to use my 20% off everything coupon.

There were a bunch of Fiskar stamps that I wanted and they were on clearance. A Nestie die jumped into my cart, along with some ink pads, and small paper pads of solid colors to use with Ms. Cameo.

Then we came home to find out the 'net wasn't working. Lots of playing around to figure out the culprit...the 'net, the PC, the modem or the router..or something else? Ran to BestBuy & bought a new router. Patient Hubby kept climbing up (we're both vertically challenged and the router & modem are up on top of the TV that's up on my office countertop), to try different things. Finally got it working and the wireless was working for his computer...then it quit. He ran to BB and bought a modem. More playing around.

Shut everything off...again...plugged in the old modem/new router, turned it all on and it's working good. Computers...bah humbug!

By then it was late and I was out of a scrappy mood. (Take the "s" off and you'll know the mood I was in.) Played some online games and went to bed.

With church, more family time and Sunday-laziness, no scrapping done. Maybe tomorrow. I still have lots of Valentines to get made! I've already run them through the printer, putting on my logo that I use on the backs, along with the month/year, so I can't save them to do next year!~Judy

Oh well, it sounds like you had a full weekend anyway. lol I am so glad you had fun with your family. I am sorry that you two were having computer issues. I am very glad you got them fixed. I can't believe we are so lost without one. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I am organizing my supplies. It has been a challenge since post-holiday season!

I do hope that the organizing fairy stopped at your house so you got it done. lol IT is a mess after the holidays. :):)

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to ckair

• ckair Said:
Hope you are feeling better Linda and get to crop with your friends. I am going to crop at archiver's on Friday with my girlfriend and I cannot wait!!

OHH I love cropping at A's! My bff & I used to go weekly but we stopped during the summer due to her health & my moving. I hope you had a blast.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

Hey you guuuuuuuuuuyys!!!

How is everyone and everything?!?

Has everyone moved, finished their Christmas cards (! ) unpacked, found their sanity, gotten their Valentine's day cards out, found their new home, finished new layouts, gotten new scrappy machines, completed old scrappy repairs, filed their taxes, altered their notepads, recovered their mojo, organized their stuff, planned their parties and otherwise been ok?!

OH gosh Kim, you always make me laugh!! I think you got everyone. lol Glad you are here.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Artfulscrapbooking

• Artfulscrapbooker Said:
Yay it's Friday!! I plan to finished up a layout thats in progress on my table!! (I got distracted with Valentines cards.) Then I'm hoping some scrappy supplies I ordered are going to show up on my door step today, so I can play with them over the weekend!! I hope you all have a fun crafty weekend!

my blog: http://artfulscrapbooking .wordpress.com/

Glad you are here!! I am so happy that you will actually be working on a page. lol I haven't finished a page since Oct I think. The heritage challenge took a holiday break & I was working on cards & we moved. I still need to finish the cards cause I got hurt. lol I have a page waiting for me though. Have fun I HOPE your order arrives today

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Sorry Judy!! Wasn't trying to add to yours--just trying to cover everyone I read in the last couple of pages.

Let me know when you're up to #10

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

I got my latest delivery from scrapbook.com....some organizing stuff! I had fun this afternoon organizing my inks and my chipboard pieces and labelling everything...
Now, I have to figure out how I want to reorganize all my tags.....
And I need to list, label, price all my stuff for the LSS yard sale....I'm getting rid of a bunch of stuff....

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

I got my latest delivery from scrapbook.com....some organizing stuff! I had fun this afternoon organizing my inks and my chipboard pieces and labelling everything...
Now, I have to figure out how I want to reorganize all my tags.....
And I need to list, label, price all my stuff for the LSS yard sale....I'm getting rid of a bunch of stuff....

Alison

Hey Alison, YEAH on getting new organizing stuff. I love the ink pad holder. I love the stickle one too. I bet it was fun to use it.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been going through some papers that have been piled in my scrap room for months. Stuff for my binders too. Now I am switching to actually cutting the hats for my snowman by punching them. I am so tired of those papers lol

short1sassy1
New Kid On the Block
short1sassy1
In response to anda11

I am 42 and we moved from our country acreage last May on Mem. weekend after living in the country for 16 yrs. raising our kids and still have one in high school. This was a hard thing to decide to do but it has given us so much more free time to do the things we want and to be together more. We moved to get closer to our jobs and school. No more OTR stuff anymore. Halleluiah. Take pics of your home and scrap them some day after you have adjusted to the move into the "new" house. It will be a comfort for you then. You will be fine and I totally understand about the leaving the old house behind. We did so much to the acreage over the last 16 yrs. LOTS of memories. But you make memories where-ever you go!
I'll be thinking about you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics