Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to short1sassy1

• short1sassy1 Said:
I am 42 and we moved from our country acreage last May on Mem. weekend after living in the country for 16 yrs. raising our kids and still have one in high school. This was a hard thing to decide to do but it has given us so much more free time to do the things we want and to be together more. We moved to get closer to our jobs and school. No more OTR stuff anymore. Halleluiah. Take pics of your home and scrap them some day after you have adjusted to the move into the "new" house. It will be a comfort for you then. You will be fine and I totally understand about the leaving the old house behind. We did so much to the acreage over the last 16 yrs. LOTS of memories. But you make memories where-ever you go!
I'll be thinking about you!

WELCOME!! Glad you are here. I am so glad that you are happy at your new move. I am glad you do not need to do more OTR. YOu are so right about haviing lots of pics & memories to scrap about those family homes. I do have lots of pics since it was my childhood home. Once we made the final decision, I was ok with it. Our home leaked in many rooms so dh had to get on the roof almost every time it rained. I was so worried about him doing that. WE had 2 acres that always needed something. WE are both thrilled to be here where our yard is small enough for us to care for it. There is nothing wrong with anything. Everything was replaced before she sold (sididng, roof, furnace, air, kitchen, bath, floors etc. We are both getting used to the fact that there is no work to be done anywhere in the yard or house. You are right..it frees up so much more time.
lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Ok, I punched my hats. they are done. Next I am going to see which part needs done first.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Yea for punched hats I just finished #1 daughter's valentine for tomorrow's party, and am trying to get inspired on her hubby's. I may be up all night since I have a long ways to go. Tomorrow we need to run to the library since some books are due, then I'll be cooking and planning some silly games. Oh...and I either need to make a card...or buy one...for our oldest granddaughter's 21st birthday which we're also celebrating tomorrow night. I may buy a card since I want it to say something nice for the big 2-1 and I think my brain is about thunked out of card sentiments. We'll see how the brain feels in the morning. OK...back to the card-making~Judy

SherylEb
Guru
SherylEb
In response to kiyawinn

Allison, I have the stamp pad holder too and I love it! The inserts for the TH pads are kind of hard to snap in, but just push hard. They will snap. I kept thinking I'd break one, but I never did. They work great for Jenny Bowlin ink pads too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Yea for punched hats I just finished #1 daughter's valentine for tomorrow's party, and am trying to get inspired on her hubby's. I may be up all night since I have a long ways to go. Tomorrow we need to run to the library since some books are due, then I'll be cooking and planning some silly games. Oh...and I either need to make a card...or buy one...for our oldest granddaughter's 21st birthday which we're also celebrating tomorrow night. I may buy a card since I want it to say something nice for the big 2-1 and I think my brain is about thunked out of card sentiments. We'll see how the brain feels in the morning. OK...back to the card-making~Judy

Yeah on getting your daughter's done. I hope you feel like finishing the other. Sometimes I buy cards too when I don't feel like making one.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Allison, I have the stamp pad holder too and I love it! The inserts for the TH pads are kind of hard to snap in, but just push hard. They will snap. I kept thinking I'd break one, but I never did. They work great for Jenny Bowlin ink pads too.

Sheryl,I am glad to know you like it too cause I really like the looks of it.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I'm almost done with s-i-l's, then "only" 6 more Valentines to go :>) No problem, it's only 10:15 here...and sleep is highly over-rated, right? ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I'm almost done with s-i-l's, then "only" 6 more Valentines to go :>) No problem, it's only 10:15 here...and sleep is highly over-rated, right? ~Judy

YEAH JUDY Keep plugging away. I stay up many nights because I can't sleep some nights.
I did get all of those pinterest people done. :)I have to say that since I have been sick it is so entertaining to check out pinterest.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to anda11

Hello everyone. I am glad it is the weekend. My "paperwork" includes starting on Easter cards and replenishing my stash of sympathy cards. Have a new set of Spellbinders to take out of the package and start using.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
Hello everyone. I am glad it is the weekend. My "paperwork" includes starting on Easter cards and replenishing my stash of sympathy cards. Have a new set of Spellbinders to take out of the package and start using.

Glad you will be here too. Hey You are the 1st one talking about Easter cards lol I do hope you get you stash refillled.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to anda11

Going sledding with DGS today. Not sure any scrapping will be done this weekend

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-16-13 10:13 AM
In response to prittb

Judy, did you get your valentines made? I hope you had time to snap some pictures before everyone gets there! I'd love to see them!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

Yes! I want to see some cards, too!

Just got back from taking my son to a "science explorers" class....
I need to organize his schooling for the coming week. Maybe, I'll get some scrapping done tomorrow.
I really need to get my Project Life album from 2012 done! I hate unfinished projects....

Alison

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
L'il Bit is having a "happybirthday" party next month, and her theme is Hello Kitty. These are the invites I made for her to hand out to her little friends. I made six:

Those are adorable invites Maria!! I love scallop cards. I love everything. YOu did a fab job. I didn't see it in your gallery to leave love.

That's okay, I wasn't on my computer but a borrowed one. I don't save things to other peoples' computers, even if it was my grandpa's. I have my own now, and will go in later and upload it to my gallery. First and foremost, getting Cricut Craft Room to work in Windows 8.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:

Easter cards? I usually don't send those out, just Christmas cards, which I usually start in July or so. I make Valentines, but was lacking in mojo to make some, and I was lacking in time to go scrappy shopping. Darn work.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

My goal for the weekend was to straighten my scraproom back up. It's gotten a little out of hand lately; however, I'm not feeling really well, so it's still on the back burner! By the way, "Mrs. Driver", I prefer to think people are saying, "Wow! She thought so much of me that she took the time to make me a one-of-a-kind card instead of just running to the store for a pre-made one!" (Whether they do or not!)

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to prittb

• prittb Said:
Going sledding with DGS today. Not sure any scrapping will be done this weekend

Hey betty, sledding with grandkids trumps scrapping. lol I sure miss the kids sledding & I my kids are not married yet so no grandkids yet. :)at least you will be able to scrap it.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Judy, did you get your valentines made? I hope you had time to snap some pictures before everyone gets there! I'd love to see them!

I totally agree..

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Yes! I want to see some cards, too!

Just got back from taking my son to a "science explorers" class....
I need to organize his schooling for the coming week. Maybe, I'll get some scrapping done tomorrow.
I really need to get my Project Life album from 2012 done! I hate unfinished projects....

Alison

Alison, I do hope you will be able to work on something tomorrow. You will feel so much better when done.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
L'il Bit is having a "happybirthday" party next month, and her theme is Hello Kitty. These are the invites I made for her to hand out to her little friends. I made six:

Those are adorable invites Maria!! I love scallop cards. I love everything. YOu did a fab job. I didn't see it in your gallery to leave love.

That's okay, I wasn't on my computer but a borrowed one. I don't save things to other peoples' computers, even if it was my grandpa's. I have my own now, and will go in later and upload it to my gallery. First and foremost, getting Cricut Craft Room to work in Windows 8.

don't rush to upload... I will see it later. :

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics