Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
My goal for the weekend was to straighten my scraproom back up. It's gotten a little out of hand lately; however, I'm not feeling really well, so it's still on the back burner! By the way, "Mrs. Driver", I prefer to think people are saying, "Wow! She thought so much of me that she took the time to make me a one-of-a-kind card instead of just running to the store for a pre-made one!" (Whether they do or not!)

I am sorry you are not feeling well. It will be there later when you are up to it. YOu are so right to think that way about the homemade cards.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear friends, I am going to keep working on my cards.

Diva
In response to short1sassy1

Organizing and labeling stuff in the scrapbook room. Many bigs projects coming up and want to maximize time and energy!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Organizing and labeling stuff in the scrapbook room. Many bigs projects coming up and want to maximize time and energy!

You are so right about it being much faster after organizing. I hope you get it done soon so you can create.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, I am going to keep plugging away at these cards. cause I am so tired of talking about them. lol I am also going to see if I can find the few layouts I was planning before we moved. They may be in several places like drawers & artbin boxes. I was in a huge rush & I had to use the artbins for my bling & stuff so it may all be a few pages here & a few there.

Diva
In response to anda11

Amen!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-19-13 09:54 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

Morning all I'm still working on my wedding album. It is taking forever and I'm antsy to have it done and move onto something new. BUT... I'm not even nearly done. If I had to guess I'd say I'm maybe at 15-20%. I keep having to resist the urge to throw some pages together just to get through it quicker, but I know I won't be happy with them and would end up redoing them. I wish I could whip out 3-4 pages per day... I know there are some here who can do that and still have a ton of detail. I need them to come to my house and help me with mine. LOL!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

who has their cards done already?! Linda?! Judy?! Not me (and I'm talking Valentines OR Christmas!)

I went to a crop on Saturday and made a cool cover using foil and paint for my smash/art journal and made another cool cover with paint and embossing powder on my daily art journal. There wasn't time left for me to do anything else

Jarvae-sometimes when I feel like that with a project, I'll put it to the side and work on something different. The change of pace might refresh the mojo.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-19-13 11:09 AM
In response to Kim222

Kim, normally I would do that. In fact, I did make a card a few weeks ago. But I can't really put my wedding stuff "away". I don't have a scraproom, so I have 4 big tables set up in my living room and all my wedding stuff is on them. They are COVERED in stuff. Tons of papers, embellies, memorabilia, plus of course all my photos. The only way I can put it away is to put it in banker's boxes down in the garage and it's a long time before I get them back. Right now, all my 'other' stuff is down there and I can't get to it without taking out about half the stuff in the garage. We are going to be moving soon and I'll have a real scraproom, but until then, if I want to scrap at all, it kind of needs to be this album. So I am just pouting and whining but in the end I'll be very happy once I have this album done and i'll be glad I pushed through. LOL

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

who has their cards done already?! Linda?! Judy?! Not me (and I'm talking Valentines OR Christmas!)

Well, I gave up on Christmas cards and bought some nice ones. They were just what I wanted anyway, so I was happy :>) However, I keep thinking that if I were smart (which is very debatable!) I would begin Christmas cards NOW. I can't decide if I want to make the ones that Linda is working on, or some snowman/windowpane ones I saw on Youtube...or something different

I had a bunch of Valentines I wanted to make, but only did about half of them, well, maybe a quarter What's sad, is I always print a little logo, date & my name on the back of cards before making them. I did this to all the cards I had planned to make, so now I have a bunch I won't use that are dated Feb., 2013. I always want to play around with cards, so I'll use these for playing, or cut them up and use bits and pieces. Eventually I'll get my cards uploaded since I at least took time to get photos of them.~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

hi guys, I am just checking in.... I am so happy because I am packing to go meet my friend at the scrap store that is 3 miles from me tomorrow morniing. I found the one box that had pages i had started so I am now working on them to make sure they are all there. I forget what I did so thankfully I found the sketches I used.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

Day off today. I can't get my Cricut and my new computer to work together. I'm going to have to start on L'il Bits' party decor soon and I will just have to not use the computer.

I went with a couple of girlfriends to lunch and consignment shopping. They had a table of scrappy goodness, but there was no scrappy goodness to be had. None. There were two 12x12 albums, but they were the old kind, not the top-loading or side-loading kind I use.

I did get L'il Bits a pair of pink glittery dress shoes to match the pink dress she chose for the 3rd grade program and Easter. And they had some new-in-package kids' craft stuff I got to put back for her birthday, so the day wasn't a complete loss.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Have fun with your friend tomorrow, Linda...and also have fun working on something besides snowman cards After the hassles of moving and being sick, you deserve to have some fun time with your friend.~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Have fun with your friend tomorrow, Linda...and also have fun working on something besides snowman cards After the hassles of moving and being sick, you deserve to have some fun time with your friend.~Judy

What she said!! Enjoy your day

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my bad... stupid me confused the days. lol It is tomorrow not today. That is great because I wasn't totally ready anyway. lol I can't wait till the morning. lol

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

I am now in the middle of an ABC album, a 6x12 project using an alphabet card set by October Afternoon and a bunch of photographs from my childhood. I'm 10 letters into it right now.

I'm also planning for some layouts of a Lego architecture exhibit we went to a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the paper I want for it (black lego by Paper Wizard) isn't available anywhere - I've Googled all kinds of ways for it and the only place I found that has it in stock charges $2 a sheet plus $20 for flat-rate shipping to the US. No thanks. I might check Archiver's for it, but my hopes are not high. If anything they'll have the Creative Imaginations black Lego paper, and I'd rather avoid that, not a fan of the red design on the right edge. (And I don't want a bright color paper, due to the nature of the exhibit - lots of darks and whites and grays in a fairly dark room.)

Edited by aquabunny on 02-21-13 07:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-21-13 08:39 AM
In response to aquabunny

Going to the expo
and I'm...
gonna get scra-a-a-py.

Going to the expo
and I'm...
gonna get scra-a-a-py.

Goin...
to the scrapbook...
expoooooo...

(to the tune of Goin to the chapel)

Diva
In response to Vae

OMG! have fun at the expo!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

Bunny—You don't have a wide format printer, do you? Then you could make your background paper anything you wanted. If you don't, could you make it in pieces and cover the "joints" with pictures or matting or something? I have tons of paper and hardly ever use it (but I keep buying it!), because I like making my own backgrounds.

Jarvae—Any plans for this weekend, or are you just going to hang-out around the house? :>) (Have fun!)

Linda—Hope TODAY you're having a fun scrappy day with your friend!~Judy

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

I am going to enjoy the snow day... district called off school. Paper therapy weekend starting a day early. Have an idea for a card for a sister~~~~~"laundry queen"

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics