Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Diva
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Beside keep working on my scrapbook room, I will be working on birthday cards for a swap.

Edited by bayamonesa1 on 02-22-13 08:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to bayamonesa1

I really need to be working on my scrapbook room, too. But not now Tonight I'm scrapping with friends and I'll be working on another page or two of my art journal.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Linda--how did your scrappy day with your friend go? Sure you had lots of fun

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Friday evening dear friends, I am feeling fabulous!! Cropping always makes me feel better. My bff called & said she was too sick to attend so I went alone. I has such a blast. I stayed for 7 hours. lol I hadn't been able to crop for months. The new owner is fabulous. I really enjoyed her & the store.
I did not crop at all. I did shop * walk around & talk to people. I am going to work on the xmas pages I started tonight.
I have to tell you what I bought.
I got the cute pink WRMK piercing mat & the new pink brad setter. I got 50 sheets of clearance paper that was 20c each. I got some cute Audrey papers by my little shoe box that have pretty girl silhouettes. .
My fav stuff I got was some papers from October afternoon called cakewalk. IT is birthday stuff that looks vintage. It is so adorable. :)I have 2 or 3 pics from a birthday party when I was a kid. MY friends & I are sitting at the party table.
I knew it was for me when I saw one of the papers has images from a child book. One of them says I am Mother. I made a pretty cake. It is for Linda.
the other side say This is Judy. She has a cake. That is my moms name. I think it looks 60s era. all the papers were so cute. I can't work on it yet. I need to look for the pics. I need to make sure there are not any more.
I am going to work on the xmas page right now.
Here is a few sheets of that paper.

Edited by anda11 on 02-22-13 04:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-22-13 06:29 PM
In response to anda11

Awesome Linda I'm so glad you had a great time! Sounds like you found lots of goodies!! Those papers are gorgeous!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Awesome Linda I'm so glad you had a great time! Sounds like you found lots of goodies!! Those papers are gorgeous!

Thanks hon... They are. lol I can't wait to use them.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

I want to scrap tonight...but I'm sooooo tired.

I do have a scrappy project planned for the weekend. L'il Bit has a Narnia project due Wednesday for church, and I think we're going to make paper dolls representing the four children, Aslan, and the Ice Queen....

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to BlingQueenRia

Paper dolls...sounds like fun :>) Maybe get some rest tonight and have a good scrapping day tomorrow? Hubby is making "supper noises" so I think my scrapping evening is about over. It's almost 8 here, so by the time we go get something (I'm scrapping today...not cooking!), and eat, I won't get a lot more done probably. We'll see...I'm in the mood :>) Have fun making paper dolls with L'il Bit~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I want to scrap tonight...but I'm sooooo tired.

I do have a scrappy project planned for the weekend. L'il Bit has a Narnia project due Wednesday for church, and I think we're going to make paper dolls representing the four children, Aslan, and the Ice Queen....

Hi Maria, I know what you mean abut tired as I am falling asleep now. But those paper dolls sound cute. I know you will have fun then.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Paper dolls...sounds like fun :>) Maybe get some rest tonight and have a good scrapping day tomorrow? Hubby is making "supper noises" so I think my scrapping evening is about over. It's almost 8 here, so by the time we go get something (I'm scrapping today...not cooking!), and eat, I won't get a lot more done probably. We'll see...I'm in the mood :>) Have fun making paper dolls with L'il Bit~Judy

I don't blame you for not working tonight. I am so tired that I haven't gotten very far on the page. yet. I do love it though.
I know you will be doing some this weekend, won't you?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I am going to work on my xmas page now. I really like it so far. lol I saw this awesome layout using this sketch. I knew I had to use it. I have all the papers & pics & some stickers done. I just need to see if I want to mat any pics or add additional embellies or more patterned paper. I also need to decide on the writing. Then I can adhere.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

Got two more letters done in my ABC album! Hoping to print some more pictures tomorrow. Got a lot of other things done today though (buying gifts for my brother's wedding, getting my husband's suit for the wedding, recycling a laptop battery, returning a DVD to the library and checking out another one).

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to aquabunny

Finished one layout that's been sitting on my desk all week....don't love it but I'm at least satisfied.
I'm also hung up on a second layout...the story is important to me so I'm having a block as to how I want to scrap the pictures....
Thinking of doing a white on white layout but I've never done one before....

Alison

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kiyawinn

Linda, I have the Cakewalk papers too!
I LOVE them!
I got a few when they first came out and then had to order more because I kept using them...they are great for birthday cards!

Alison

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

I think I'm going to NEED some of those Cakewalk papers also. I'm glad you got your LO finished, Alison. White on white sounds interesting. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'm kind of stuck on the LO I'm working on. I know what I want, but I don't have a good picture for what I want. The picture I'd like to use is so bad, I'm not sure it can be rescued even with a lot of photo editing. I'll probably use it, but it's not "worthy" to be the highlight of the title page. Maybe Monday I'll have a brain attack and figure something out.

How are you doing on your Christmas page, Linda?

Bunny—yea on what you got done on your ABC book. The ABC/BOM sound really interesting, but I haven't figured out exactly how I want to do it. I have enough other projects going that I guess I should finish up first :>)

Good night, everyone~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to mrsdriver5

So many cool projects going on in here!! Can't wait to see them all!

I've been so busy experimenting with techniques and working on my art journals, that I haven't made a layout in ages.

I'm going to make an explosion book for MIL's birthday, and I'm trying to collect pics from family to include. HOWEVER---some members haven't been very cooperative, so I'm almost tempted to leave them out!! They know when her bday is and I need time to put it together. Then when (she or they!) look at it and "Say where am I? Where is so and so?" I'll have to answer "They're in the pictures I asked for but didn't receive."

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Judy---if you're not wanting to make the "bad" photo the highlight of the title page, maybe you could make a flap that covers the pic, but that can be opened (like a book cover). Then it can be included but not showcased. Just a thought.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good evening guys, I am going to start working on my pages now. Dishes & laundry were calling my name. lol I still need to answer a few posts yet. I am going to have a great scrappy night. I sure have a scrappy smile since I was able to go crop & get some cool stuff. :0

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

2 out of 6 Narnia paper dolls done. They will be almost entirely Cricut-cut but for the Ice Queen's crown of icicles. I hand-cut that one, but now that I think about it I probably could've Cricut-cut that, too. But it's okay. Stickles are drying on the Ice Queen's crown, scepter, and gown. And Aslan is done. I just have the four children left to do: Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy.

This is for a church project. Our church has been devoting our Wednesday night services since school started to watching movies together. First we watched The Lorax, and then we took a month off and now we're about to finish up Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

The children have a chance to win special-edition copies of the book if they bring in a Narnia-based project Wednesday night. I am helping Lizzie with her project, the Narnia paper dolls. We are only doing the six main characters, there is no way we could do everybody. LOL

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-25-13 07:14 AM

Good morning all!

Linda, how was your scrappy night?

Judy, what did you decide to do with that picture? Are you able to edit it enough?

Kim, I'm just now starting to get my interest piqued on making an art journal. Do you have any pics in your gallery?

Bling, good luck finishing the rest of the dolls. That sounds like a fun project!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics