Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-25-13 07:15 AM
In response to Vae

I didn't do much scrapping this weekend. I went to the expo and did a couple of make-n-takes there but I won't use them for anything. Then at home I played around with a few things but mostly got things done around the house. I am hoping to get to work on a layout tonight. I started it over a week ago and haven't touched it since. I have 2 ideas- both totally different (but the base is the same) - and I have to decide which way to go. I'm not great with decisions like that especially since I really like both ideas.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Vae

I thought of a couple ways to solve my Lego paper problem. I have a few of the 10x10 and 15x15 Lego base plates back at my parents' house. At first I was thinking about making a background by doing a rubbing of a base plate, but today I thought that maybe I could ink up the plate with some clear embossing ink and use it to stamp the dotted design onto my paper and embossed with clear powder. Unfortunately I won't be able to test these ideas until sometime in March (if my mom can bring one of the base plates with her when she visits) or April (when I'm up at my parents' place for my brother's wedding).

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

Jarvae--I don't have any in my gallery, but I'll take pics of my pages and put them up! I love working on it, but never think to upload the pages in it.

How did you like the expo? Too much fun, right?!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Linda!! Hoping youre still wearing the happy scrappy smile!! Were you able to get some more time in last night?!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Aquabunny--I remember a thread awhile back about someone (Stick, maybe?) making a homemade lego card and cake and there were some pretty cool ideas mentioned. Might be worth digging around for.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Judy---if you're not wanting to make the "bad" photo the highlight of the title page, maybe you could make a flap that covers the pic, but that can be opened (like a book cover). Then it can be included but not showcased. Just a thought.

That's a good idea, Kim...I just had it in my mind exactly what I wanted...then found out the only good picture I have of her from that day isn't really a good picture because of the sun. I think I'll end up using a picture from a few months later. She hasn't aged much in the 19 years since then, so a few months shouldn't make a big difference :>) Of course then it's going to look weird when I have the same picture for another part of this album. Oh well...

My second problem with this page is that I really wanted to play with my new Lindy sprays and I have a color that would go wonderfully...but I'm afraid to try using it. I really love this paper and I'm so afraid I'm going to mess it up. I'll go practice for a little bit, then probably use it on the "real" paper...and that will be the time the lid falls off the bottle or something OK...I'm off to play~Judy

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kim222

I remember it - it was great! My problem is background paper, not embellishments, but reminding me of Lego cards reminds me of something I have (or used to have) in my favorites, an idea I could try to adapt for background paper - punching circles and laying them out in a grid on the paper like Lego studs. And I could trace the Lego logo onto the studs and do clear heat embossing. Might not work for a full 12x12 though, but maybe a large brick here and there, to write journaling for my many photos on the studs.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

Judy--don't be afraid of the spray!! The spray is your friend!! Practice a little if you feel the need, but then let 'er rip!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

That would be cool, Aquabunny!! Clear (or even white or a holographic!) embossing powder on black paper would really pop!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Finished one layout that's been sitting on my desk all week....don't love it but I'm at least satisfied.
I'm also hung up on a second layout...the story is important to me so I'm having a block as to how I want to scrap the pictures....
Thinking of doing a white on white layout but I've never done one before....
Alison

Neither have I, but THAT sounds fun!! Some of my pages end up being accidentally monochromatic, but I think I'd love to try white on white!!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to aquabunny

I must have missed the post on your Lego paper problem....but Creative Imaginations makes Lego paper.....
I have about 1/2 sheet of green left from a project done a long time ago....
Its all different sizes of lego pieces and the paper comes in different colours (blue, red, green, yellow). It is slightly textured but not overly.....

Alison

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kiyawinn

I have my white on white layout about 2/3 done....just having trouble with the title...
I know what I want, it's just how to execute it...

Alison

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I must have missed the post on your Lego paper problem....but Creative Imaginations makes Lego paper.....
I have about 1/2 sheet of green left from a project done a long time ago....
Its all different sizes of lego pieces and the paper comes in different colours (blue, red, green, yellow). It is slightly textured but not overly.....

Alison

I know they do, and I appreciate your looking, but because of the colors in my photos (mostly grays, as it was an exhibit of Lego architectural models) I'm after the plain black, which it looks like only Paper Wizard made. The black one that Creative Imaginations makes has a red design along one side that I'm not terribly fond of for this purpose. But thanks!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

Could you maybe cut the red off and put a border there instead, maybe with your title running along it? Of course it depends how wide the red area is...and I know...you know what you want and it's aggravating when what you want can't be found.

I was just thinking along the same lines...does anyone EVER have everything they need to do a whole LO? It seems like no matter what I do, I either need a coordinating paper or ink that I don't have or, like now...I need a Nestie that I don't have. I guess I'll use my Cameo, but I'm going to have to think. Egads...!!! I already have a frame cut with a Nestie but I want a plain oval in the middle and I don't have the plain oval nesties...yet. Now I have to figure out sizing and it would be so nice to just move down a size. Ok, off to put my thinking cap on...I know it must be around here someplace...hope I didn't throw it in the trash...~Judy

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to aquabunny

Oh, ok...
What about using a dot stencil and creating the dots of the lego with gesso and then cutting them out in rectangles like a lego piece...using those to decorate the edge of the paper or something?
Just a thought....

Alison

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kiyawinn

What about spraying or painting the colored lego paper with black or dark grey ink? Then the texture would show through but the color would be dark.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Judy---Yes! That happends sometimes!! Then I think...what about back in the days before our stash was what it is now?!
Made me a bit more creative having to think outside the box (or the stencil or the mask or the die or the spray etc)

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

My favorite LOs are the first ones I did for my granddaughter's HS grad. book (which maybe I'll finish before she grads from college ) I just decided it sounded like fun to make her an album so went to LSS and bought some papers with her school name/mascot, etc. on them w/matching embellies, a pad of 12x12 textured cardstock and whatever adhesive roller the shop owner suggested. I found my little embroidery scissors (they're what I still use for fussy cutting) and hubby's x-acto knife from his woodshop days (he grad. in 1960 from HS, so it's a bit old). I printed graphics and fussy cut them, then thought it would be fun to print my backgrounds, so bought a wide format printer...then one punch to do borders...but that's all I used for quite a while. I had to use my brain (gasp!) and be creative (double gasp!), but I really like those pages. Now I find myself getting overwhelmed or feeling guilty because I haven't used all the stuff I've paid a small fortune for...but I'm not giving any of it up ~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I have my white on white layout about 2/3 done....just having trouble with the title...

Alison

Care to share yet?!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:

Alison

Care to share yet?!

Soon!
I'm just working on the title....had to make my own white glitter paper so it's taking longer than I'd planned

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics