Page 5 of 93 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey everyone. I did work on my pages yesterday. I didn't finish cause I wasn't feeling well. I hope they make me feel better today. I am going to try to finish them now. hugs to everyone

Edited by anda11 on 06-07-12 06:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I hope you are feeling better today Linda! I have a 4 pages spread out and I'm working on them. Need to get them moved on down the line and start some more! They are basically just pictures from Hawaii.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-07-12 08:46 AM
In response to anda11

Linda, hope you are feeling better!

I started looking at the pictures from my wedding. The photographer gave us 777, plus we have all the ones that other people took. It's really overwhelming to go through them and pick the ones I want. Then I have to do some edits. The photographer was supposed to edit them, but his idea of edits and mine must be very different because I don't think he did anything.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

That is a lot of wedding photos! You will enjoy working with them and reliving the memories.

That is how I feel when I'm working on mine - I'm reliving the memories.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Thanks guys.. I am still feeling that way but I am plugging away at these pages. I keep adding more stuff. They are 95% done. I haven't read all of your posts yet>.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I can't believe they are done!!! YEAH! I love the first 2 pgs but not sure I love the pocket one.

[image] Science Olympiad 1991 Angela pg 1 By Anda11http://[/image]

[image] Science Olympiad 1991 Angela pg 2 By Anda11http://[/image]

[image] Science Olympiad 1991 Angela pg 3 By Anda11http://[/image]

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am working on some stuff around here. If I get time, I have 2 more kiddie pages to scraplift using the same paper. If I have time.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I'm hoping to have some scrapbook time tomorrow to work on my never-ending Tahoe Trip album. I was going to work on it today, but...tada! ...I made my first card. I've made them on the computer before, but this was printed on the 'puter, but scrapped on the front, with a little bling & stamping thrown in on the inside. Now I'm going to try to get a couple birthday cards done that I need for next week.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

I needed an image of a ship's wheel and/or anchor for a layout I'm working on and couldn't find one on any of my Cricut carts so decided to check my Slice carts. I have 17 about 24 carts and those little folded books are a pain to get out and check to see what you have or don't have.

And 17 of them were new from when Michae's quit carrying them and 12 of them were in the boxes so I couldn't even get to the little foldout things.

I copied all of them on the back side. Then trimmed it with paper trimmer and put the front of the foldout across the top and the back which was copied under that so each cart and all the images are on one page. The pages are landscape becuase the folders are wide and they work perfectly at 94%.

That took all evening! I have been putting that task off for many many months!

THen I thumbed through my notebook (they are in plastic sheets) and came right to a cartridge with the wheel and the anchor.

Need to cut them out tomorrow and I have about 8 or 10 more pages laid out on white paper with rough arrangement. Just need to fine tune embellies and select patterned paper and cardstock.

Should have that done tomorrow and will then work on about 10 more.

I have Saturday and Sunday to scrap.

Monday there is aan early flight from Jacksonville to Hawaii. I'm really trying to get BIll to wait until mid-July.

We have a cruise from Seattle to Alaska then. I can't see flying to Hawaii and back home - then back to the west coast and on to the Alaska cruise.

If we wait until July we can fly to Hawaii, stay a couple weeks to get our work done, then to Alaska, then wherever else we want to go without going back and forth across the country several times.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

Hey guys, I really do not feel like scrapping. I have this adorable lift to do so I am going to force myself to do it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

When I force myself Linda I find I often like the results a lot better becasue I have to try harder. When I don't feel like it and don't want to or have lost interest in what I'm scrapping I come up with my favorite stuff.

Maybe the emotions aren't there like they are with the stuff I like to do so I"m able to focus more on being creative? I don't know but I do have the best luck when I don't partilarly want to do something.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
When I force myself Linda I find I often like the results a lot better becasue I have to try harder. When I don't feel like it and don't want to or have lost interest in what I'm scrapping I come up with my favorite stuff.

Maybe the emotions aren't there like they are with the stuff I like to do so I"m able to focus more on being creative? I don't know but I do have the best luck when I don't partilarly want to do something.

Oh Henri, You are probably right. I will probably like them when done. To be honest, I always want to scrap or work on pics or organize my stuff. I do love every single moment I am doing scrappy stuff. It is just cause I have been sad about Rich & moving. I know you know. It has made me feel better mostly though.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-09-12 08:16 AM
In response to anda11

Linda, I think your pages are adorable! Congrats on getting them done!!

Henri, all I can say is... wow. I decided to only have a Cricut just for that reason because I didn't want to have a ton of things to have to sort through. You're so resourceful!

I was supposed to have all day yesterday but ended up getting stuck at my sister in law's house for like 4 hours. There went my day. I spent my evening editing wedding photos. I got all the pre-ceremony ones done and about half of the ceremony ones. The formals and the reception have the most pictures though, so that will take the rest of my weekend. I had really hoped to have this done by now so I could scrap this weekend, but I fell behind. Oh well.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

As long as you are enjoying the sorting and editing. I love that part of it.

I've done no scrapping today - just organizing but I have to do that when I start buying stuff and it stacks up. I don't use it becuase I forget about it.

Last night when we got in bed BIll got back up and came in the office. I didn't know what he was doing - he was able to see a light in the hall that I couldn't see from my side of the bed.

It was my ott light.

THe front flips up and down to turn it off and onn. There are no switches.

He was gone about 5 minutes and I could hear him grumbling. He couldn't figure how to turn off my ott-light.

Finally he got it and came back to bed complaining becuase he spent so long figuring it out.

WHen I first got it I looked for a switch too.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

Cleaning the house and putting the studio a 100% back to normal. The jeep is going in to the shop for 12 days and I am going to be home all that time hopping to get a lot of work done. Since i will not be out driving everyone around. Plus i get to sleep in those 12 days ..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Stephanie D

I know you will enjoy sleeping in! ANd you will get a lot done - maybe a lot of scrapbook pages!

It's 11:15 and I'm debating whether or not to start some new pages tonight!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-09-12 08:24 PM

I do enjoy sorting and editing... somewhat. I easily get overwhelmed though. But I posted all the pictures on my facebook and my dear friend went through them and "liked" all the ones she thought were keepers. It really helped me to have an outside opinion on them since am so emotionally involved and I think EVERY photo is special. So that has helped me get through them a bit faster today. I still have a long way to go.

My dear (idiot) husband made a big mistake today - won't go into it here - but it happens from time to time. He's a wonderful man, but he still messes up sometimes. I needed to get out of the house for a while so instead of working on wedding photos, I went to Js and got some papers and embellies for my wedding album. Today was the last day of their 50% off sale. I've been there at least 5 times during this sale. But I also had another coupon for 20% off entire sale including sale items. So while I spent $60, at the bottom of the receipt it says I saved $90. Score!

Now time to work on wedding photos again. Oh and D(I)H had a lovely dinner, complete with wine and flowers and an apology card, waiting for me when I returned home. So he is forgiven as well.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Vae

Cleaning is going ok, Still a lot to do tonight, Took mil shopping for the next 12 days. Stopped at a small local store and got stickles for .98 each they where on sale. Then stop and M's and got something to make a jewelry display. So tonight I am going be cleaning the rest of the night and taking the jeep in at 7 am tomorrow.

We did pick up dh b day gift he is happy he got a new pc.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey dear friends, I am in my scrap room today getting ready to meet my bff at Archivers to crop tomorrow. We haven't been for 2 weeks so I really need it. Dh just got back from the new Dr. He always had back issues but they have gotten very bad this yr. His new dr said he has to have surgery because his spine is off & it will get worse. He can't do it until his aortic anuerysym is removed. His cardiologist always said it was much too small to remove. Since he is a heart surgery patient, he didn't want to do it unless necessary. He is quite upset. and so am I. The back recovery is 3 months which is much longer than his bypass. It does not have to be done immediately thankfully. Oh my gosh guys.... I can't lose him.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Oh Linda, I'm just glad he doens't need to do the surgery now. Maybe he never will!

I am so sorry your husband is having so many issues. My husband is a pace maker patient and that makes everything a little more difficult!

Page 5 of 93 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics