Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I think I'm going to NEED some of those Cakewalk papers also. I'm glad you got your LO finished, Alison. White on white sounds interesting. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'm kind of stuck on the LO I'm working on. I know what I want, but I don't have a good picture for what I want. The picture I'd like to use is so bad, I'm not sure it can be rescued even with a lot of photo editing. I'll probably use it, but it's not "worthy" to be the highlight of the title page. Maybe Monday I'll have a brain attack and figure something out.

How are you doing on your Christmas page, Linda?

Bunny—yea on what you got done on your ABC book. The ABC/BOM sound really interesting, but I haven't figured out exactly how I want to do it. I have enough other projects going that I guess I should finish up first :>)

Good night, everyone~Judy

I stopped working on them when I started the heritage challenge back up.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
So many cool projects going on in here!! Can't wait to see them all!

I've been so busy experimenting with techniques and working on my art journals, that I haven't made a layout in ages.

I'm going to make an explosion book for MIL's birthday, and I'm trying to collect pics from family to include. HOWEVER---some members haven't been very cooperative, so I'm almost tempted to leave them out!! They know when her bday is and I need time to put it together. Then when (she or they!) look at it and "Say where am I? Where is so and so?" I'll have to answer "They're in the pictures I asked for but didn't receive."

Your art journal sounds fabulous. I can't wait to see it. I am sorry about the relative thing. I hope you are able to figure something else. What about facebook pics?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
2 out of 6 Narnia paper dolls done. They will be almost entirely Cricut-cut but for the Ice Queen's crown of icicles. I hand-cut that one, but now that I think about it I probably could've Cricut-cut that, too. But it's okay. Stickles are drying on the Ice Queen's crown, scepter, and gown. And Aslan is done. I just have the four children left to do: Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Luc

This is for a church project. Our church has been devoting our Wednesday night services since school started to watching movies together. First we watched The Lorax, and then we took a month off and now we're about to finish up Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

The children have a chance to win special-edition copies of the book if they bring in a Narnia-based project Wednesday night. I am helping Lizzie with her project, the Narnia paper dolls. We are only doing the six main characters, there is no way we could do everybody. LOL

I am glad you got 2 done. They will love the ones with stickles. The movie nights sound nice & what a great project for them to do.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Good morning all!

Linda, how was your scrappy night?

Judy, what did you decide to do with that picture? Are you able to edit it enough?

Kim, I'm just now starting to get my interest piqued on making an art journal. Do you have any pics in your gallery?

Bling, good luck finishing the rest of the dolls. That sounds like a fun project!!

sorry I don't remember. lol the art journal does sound like fun.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
I didn't do much scrapping this weekend. I went to the expo and did a couple of make-n-takes there but I won't use them for anything. Then at home I played around with a few things but mostly got things done around the house. I am hoping to get to work on a layout tonight. I started it over a week ago and haven't touched it since. I have 2 ideas- both totally different (but the base is the same) - and I have to decide which way to go. I'm not great with decisions like that especially since I really like both ideas.

I am so glad you had fun at the expo! I am glad you bought some stuff & do some make & takes.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Jarvae--I don't have any in my gallery, but I'll take pics of my pages and put them up! I love working on it, but never think to upload the pages in it.

How did you like the expo? Too much fun, right?!

I already posted that. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I have my white on white layout about 2/3 done....just having trouble with the title...
I know what I want, it's just how to execute it...

Alison

I can't wait to see it.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:
I must have missed the post on your Lego paper problem....but Creative Imaginations makes Lego paper.....
I have about 1/2 sheet of green left from a project done a long time ago....
Its all different sizes of lego pieces and the paper comes in different colours (blue, red, green, yellow). It is slightly textured but not overly.....

Alison

I know they do, and I appreciate your looking, but because of the colors in my photos (mostly grays, as it was an exhibit of Lego architectural models) I'm after the plain black, which it looks like only Paper Wizard made. The black one that Creative Imaginations makes has a red design along one side that I'm not terribly fond of for this purpose. But thanks!

OK I am really confused... YOu say you do not want the CreatImagintions one cause of the red design on the side.. The Paper Wizard one you just showed is in stock here that is totally black with nothing else on it... Explain please. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Could you maybe cut the red off and put a border there instead, maybe with your title running along it? Of course it depends how wide the red area is...and I know...you know what you want and it's aggravating when what you want can't be found.

I was just thinking along the same lines...does anyone EVER have everything they need to do a whole LO? It seems like no matter what I do, I either need a coordinating paper or ink that I don't have or, like now...I need a Nestie that I don't have. I guess I'll use my Cameo, but I'm going to have to think. Egads...!!! I already have a frame cut with a Nestie but I want a plain oval in the middle and I don't have the plain oval nesties...yet. Now I have to figure out sizing and it would be so nice to just move down a size. Ok, off to put my thinking cap on...I know it must be around here someplace...hope I didn't throw it in the trash...~Judy

That happens to me all the time.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Judy---Yes! That happends sometimes!! Then I think...what about back in the days before our stash was what it is now?!
Made me a bit more creative having to think outside the box (or the stencil or the mask or the die or the spray etc)

You are so right KIm..We used to make fab things with only paper & a little bit of stuff.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
My favorite LOs are the first ones I did for my granddaughter's HS grad. book (which maybe I'll finish before she grads from college ) I just decided it sounded like fun to make her an album so went to LSS and bought some papers with her school name/mascot, etc. on them w/matching embellies, a pad of 12x12 textured cardstock and whatever adhesive roller the shop owner suggested. I found my little embroidery scissors (they're what I still use for fussy cutting) and hubby's x-acto knife from his woodshop days (he grad. in 1960 from HS, so it's a bit old). I printed graphics and fussy cut them, then thought it would be fun to print my backgrounds, so bought a wide format printer...then one punch to do borders...but that's all I used for quite a while. I had to use my brain (gasp!) and be creative (double gasp!), but I really like those pages. Now I find myself getting overwhelmed or feeling guilty because I haven't used all the stuff I've paid a small fortune for...but I'm not giving any of it up ~Judy

Maybe you will get it done. LOL I still love my very first pages. I love all of my pages. I still get a great feeling when I remember finding a certain sticker or the new sage green cardsttock..lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:
I have my white on white layout about 2/3 done....just having trouble with the title...

Alison

Care to share yet?!

Soon!
I'm just working on the title....had to make my own white glitter paper so it's taking longer than I'd planned

Can't wait to see it.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
Sorry have not been around. Being pregnant has pretty much wiped me out the last few months. I have gotten nothing done. Still have the Christmas wreath up. I am trying to get everything done and hopping by the weekend I will be able to get the first page of the new baby's book done up . i still have to make up Easter stuff for the house.

Stephanie, you never need to apologize for anything. I am sorry that you have been feeling wiped out. At least it is a good reason. If you leave your holiday dec up... no one cares.
I hope that you do feel better asap :))

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:

Alison

Care to share yet?!

Ok, for better or worse, here it is...
It started because I had all these photos (probably about 10 or more) of my son making goofy faces or doing goofy stuff and I wanted to do a layout about it. All the pictures were very colourful and I felt if I used colour in the papers the whole thing would be overwhelming...
I ended up only using 3 pictures to tell the story (I'm putting more photos in a 6x12 page protector in the album with the layout) but I stuck with the white on white idea anyway!
I don't think I love it but it's ok (for my first time dealing with monochromatic)

So Many of my Smiles page 1 By Kiyawinn

So Many of my Smiles page 2 By Kiyawinn

Alison

Oh Alison, that turned out so cool. I love the circles & butterfly. I loved the jouranling. so touching. I love your adorable son. I left you some love

Edited by anda11 on 03-07-13 09:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Good luck! I will be working on Birthday cards for a swap.

I hope you got your swap cards done.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I will take some time to think about all the different Lego suggestions - it'll be a few weeks before I have access to the huge Lego plate I want to try stamping with, so I have some time to experiment with other ideas.

This weekend I want to finally scrap about my card catalog (I know exactly how I want it, just need to sit down and print the journaling and do it), and make some more progress in my 6x12 ABC album. So far I have finished 16 letters, for a total of 18 pages.

WOW you have gotten so many of your ABC pages done. What a great idea to make a page about your c catalog.
Did you see the pm IO sent telling you they have the black paper by paper wizard that you linked in stock?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Oh wow, I just got an in-stock notification from sb.com that the black Lego paper I want is back in stock! I thought it was gone forever! BRB, planning an order~

so glad you saw that. I have been posting & pm ing you cause I clicked your link & saw it.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Ugghhhh...I had my post all ready to go and hit the back button by mistake and lost it. I do that so often...you'd think I'd learn

Anyway, great news on your Lego paper, Bunny. I know how frustrating it is to know exactly what you want to do and not be able to find the products you want to use. Have fun on your LO once your receive your order.

Linda—Hope you and your husband get feeling better fast! It seems like you've been sick/feeling poorly/tired a lot for quite some time. Hopefully spring will come soon and maybe it will rejuvenate you, giving you good health and lots of energy. (If you get lots and lots of energy, could you send me the surplus?)

Shopping is at least on the way to a successful recovery Hope you got some fun goodies~Judy

shopping is great therapy no matter what the problem is. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Made a tiny star album this afternoon, to see if I could do it. Looks totally cute!

Did three more ABC album pages yesterday, now with 21 letters complete. Had some sunshine today, so I took pictures of them. I can do one more letter any time, and two more once I reprint some photos again, but the last two will have to wait until Mom visits and can bring along some more pictures I need.

Hi Andrea, maybe I remember wrong but didn't you post that you had 16 of 18 done? Could be my memory or you found more things you wanted to use.
Did you post your star album?

Edited by anda11 on 03-07-13 09:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Hi everyone!

Alison, your monochrome layout is gorgeous! I left you some love

Aqua, YAY that they got your paper back in! Of course, I was rather looking forward to seeing what you would come up with, but I am happy that your first choice is available now! Hopefully you get them soon.

Judy, I did that earlier. Well, almost that. I was posting some layouts into a thread and I accidentally just closed the whole window. Oops!

Linda, yay for getting your drawers set up! Hope you are feeling better and get some scrappy time today.

I just finished several layouts that I had been staring at for a while or waiting to pic up edited prints. I believe the "ceremony" portion of the wedding album is complete and now I'm moving on to the formal photos. So now a set of all new pics that I haven't been staring at forever. And I need to come up with a new idea??? I think I've just about run out of new ideas so I'm off to the gallery to see what I can lift.

OH MY GOSH!!! You have gotten so many done! YEAH!! I am so happy for you especially since you were struggling & stuck. Your spirit about it is great now. That should help you on keeping going. lol
are you going to post them?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics