Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to prittb

• prittb Said:
Well I got a LO started using left over alphas yesterday. Got the idea on another thread. I am going to use that idea for numbers (noticed I have lots and lots of those).

HI Betty. That sounds like a great idea.. We all have extra letters floating around.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I have cards to make.

I hope that you got your cards done. I love making cards. There are so many ideas out there & it never gets boring. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
I got into my scrapbook room this weekend which was awesome! I got all of the pictures from a family trip to Gettysburg, PA scrapped and journaled. Now I am beginning to sort and organize pictures from an NY Giants game we went to and some time we spent in NYC and Jersey. I found NY Giants paper to use...yeah! Hope everyone is getting lots of pictures scrapped and having fun doing it!

WHOOHOO on getting the Gettysburg pages done. I bet you feel great! I am glad you found the perfect paper for the New York ones.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Islandscrapper1

• Islandscrapper1 Said:
Hi everyone! I got a couple of pages done for the first time in years!! I'm just so pleased with that. Certainly not up to par, but the fact that I scrapped has me thrilled. I cannot wait to get busy with the next page

Hi Vikki, I am so glad you did join us here.
I am so happy that you got a couple pages done.
That is the feeling we usually have.. can't wait to start the next one. It is so much more fun that way.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to MoonLitSmile

• MoonLitSmile Said:
I have three swaps I'll be working on- never participated in one online before- never realized how much so fun it would be!

Have fun working on the new swaps. You are so right. They are so much fun. They can be addicting too. Glad you are here! :):)

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:

Life's been busy this past week. L'il Bit turns 10 today, we had her party Sunday and she has a school concert tonight. I hope to get crafty at some point this week, although baking her cake counted as crafty because I made it look like Hello Kitty.

The Narnia paper dolls are finished, but the background for them is not. Due to weather, last Wednesday's church was canceled and we are finishing up Narnia and the kids will turn in their projects this Sunday. So L'il Bit and I are going to finish up the Narnia background probably Saturday since I'm off. Scrappy Saturday, I hope!

I bet she loved her Hello Kitty cake. I bet you had fun making it. I miss making parties for kids birthdays. No grandkids yet. The scrappy weedend sounds like a fun time. I am glad you are almost done with the Narnia stuff.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Linda, I am so excited for you to get your new cameo! Well, excited and kind of jealous. Okay jealous and kind of excited. LOL j/k. One of these days I'll have one too and I'll be asking you all kinds of questions. I'm thinking I might get one for my birthday coming up.

I made a card tonight. Yes, that was me who said I'd never make another card. But I joined some challenges for the first time ever this month and one of the twists was to include a shamrock. I don't really need to do any layouts that have one so I figured I could make a quick card and NOT spend hours and hours on it like last time. Of course, I still spent hours on it and not really happy with how it turned out but I'm happy that it only took one night.

Thanks hon! It is ok to be jealous in a good way. lol I feel jealous of lots of you guys but in a good way. I just got my Big shot 1 year ago & I see tons of nestie collectors. I only have like 8.
I see lots of big shot dies but I only have like 12. I see people using the Copics but since money was tighter, I just didn't really consider them.
I do not have any sprays either. I always used an ink pad or bottle/dauber to ink the edges of paper & cards. I used to ink the papers too but never sprayed them. but I love the sprays. I love what everyone is doing with them.
I am laughing about the card. you are right.. you said never.. too funny. lol

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • aquabunny Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:
I must have missed the post on your Lego paper problem....but Creative Imaginations makes Lego paper.....
I have about 1/2 sheet of green left from a project done a long time ago....
Its all different sizes of lego pieces and the paper comes in different colours (blue, red, green, yellow). It is slightly textured but not overly.....

Alison

I know they do, and I appreciate your looking, but because of the colors in my photos (mostly grays, as it was an exhibit of Lego architectural models) I'm after the plain black, which it looks like only Paper Wizard made. The black one that Creative Imaginations makes has a red design along one side that I'm not terribly fond of for this purpose. But thanks!

OK I am really confused... YOu say you do not want the CreatImagintions one cause of the red design on the side.. The Paper Wizard one you just showed is in stock here that is totally black with nothing else on it... Explain please. lol

At the time I made that post, the Paper Wizard one was not in stock. I signed up to be notified when it came in stock, and I got the in-stock notification email on Saturday March 2.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • aquabunny Said:
Made a tiny star album this afternoon, to see if I could do it. Looks totally cute!

Did three more ABC album pages yesterday, now with 21 letters complete. Had some sunshine today, so I took pictures of them. I can do one more letter any time, and two more once I reprint some photos again, but the last two will have to wait until Mom visits and can bring along some more pictures I need.

Hi Andrea, maybe I remember wrong but didn't you post that you had 16 of 18 done? Could be my memory or you found more things you wanted to use.
Did you post your star album?

Some of the letters have more than one page, so when I had 16 letters done, I had done 18 pages (C and D both took two pages because of the number of photos I had for them). I'm now up to 24 letters done, which is 26 pages. I'll be doing the title page this weekend, and when I get some more photos from my mom I'll be doing the last two letters (M and P), two pages each, four pages combined.

I should post my star album - maybe this weekend.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-08-13 06:49 AM
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Good morning guy! I am in scrap heaven over here. :):) I did get to meet my friend. We stayed from open to close. I HAD A BLAST!!
WE talked & scrapped & shopped & ate. lol
I did get 3 new pages planning. I also was working on the heritage challenge which i just need to adhere. Luckily I found the pics for that & my birthday cakewalk pages thankfully. I haven't felt this scrappy good for a long time. We were not able to meet before.

Linda, YAY for your great day! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to meet up with your friend! It's so great to be able to connect with a good friend especially if you haven't been able to meet up for a while.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-08-13 07:00 AM
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
OH MY GOSH!!! You have gotten so many done! YEAH!! I am so happy for you especially since you were struggling & stuck. Your spirit about it is great now. That should help you on keeping going. lol
are you going to post them?

Sure thing! Here they are Sorry for the bomb.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-08-13 07:06 AM
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
OH well Jarvae.. If you can't you cant. at least you will have a room after you move.
What about finding a fab page in the gallery & copy it exactly or change it a bit. That way you do not have to think creatively.

Thanks Linda! I'm feeling a little better about it now that I finally got all the ceremony pages done and can move on to the other sections. I'll have a lot of fun with some of the reception photos. For some reason (and I know it's TOTALLY in my head) I felt like I needed all the ceremony pics to have a certain tone... kind of like to say "this is the serious part". I'll still keep with the color theme (and then probably never scrap another red and black page again, LOL!) but I'm going to try to loosen up a bit on the reception pages. And I'll admit, making the cards has helped break up the monotony too. I'm also going to work tonight on this page-in-a-bag project that I got from my LSS. It's due tomorrow and they provided the paper so I'm going to see what I can do with it without getting anything out of the garage.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-08-13 07:09 AM
In response to Vae

Here's the second card I made in the "I'm never making another card again" series. LOL!

And a little secret... I made a 3rd card.

Lucky in Love
By Jarvae

Islandscrapper1
Tenant
Islandscrapper1
In response to Vae

Oh wow!! Your wedding pages are gorgeous! I love them! You've done a wonderful job, good for you. Beautiful, beautiful.

Diva
In response to anda11

Thanks! I am almost done with my room so I so ready to do more. cards are done and in the mail. Now, getting goodies for the secret sister $10 stash swap! ENjoy the weekend!

Artfulscrapbooking
Veteran
Artfulscrapbooking
In response to bayamonesa1

I'm working on a Halloween layout and a Santa 8x8 album...I guess it is all about the holidays for me today!!

my blog: http://artfulscrapbooking .wordpress.com/

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • aquabunny Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:
I must have missed the post on your Lego paper problem....but Creative Imaginations makes Lego paper.....
I have about 1/2 sheet of green left from a project done a long time ago....
Its all different sizes of lego pieces and the paper comes in different colours (blue, red, green, yellow). It is slightly textured but not overly.....

Alison

I know they do, and I appreciate your looking, but because of the colors in my photos (mostly grays, as it was an exhibit of Lego architectural models) I'm after the plain black, which it looks like only Paper Wizard made. The black one that Creative Imaginations makes has a red design along one side that I'm not terribly fond of for this purpose. But thanks!

OK I am really confused... YOu say you do not want the CreatImagintions one cause of the red design on the side.. The Paper Wizard one you just showed is in stock here that is totally black with nothing else on it... Explain please. lol

At the time I made that post, the Paper Wizard one was not in stock. I signed up to be notified when it came in stock, and I got the in-stock notification email on Saturday March 2.

I finally realized that after I read through them all. But I am so glad you got it.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • aquabunny Said:
Made a tiny star album this afternoon, to see if I could do it. Looks totally cute!

Did three more ABC album pages yesterday, now with 21 letters complete. Had some sunshine today, so I took pictures of them. I can do one more letter any time, and two more once I reprint some photos again, but the last two will have to wait until Mom visits and can bring along some more pictures I need.

Hi Andrea, maybe I remember wrong but didn't you post that you had 16 of 18 done? Could be my memory or you found more things you wanted to use.
Did you post your star album?

Some of the letters have more than one page, so when I had 16 letters done, I had done 18 pages (C and D both took two pages because of the number of photos I had for them). I'm now up to 24 letters done, which is 26 pages. I'll be doing the title page this weekend, and when I get some more photos from my mom I'll be doing the last two letters (M and P), two pages each, four pages combined.

I should post my star album - maybe this weekend.

OK now I understand. lol I hope you do post your star album.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
  • anda11 Said:
Good morning guy! I am in scrap heaven over here. :):) I did get to meet my friend. We stayed from open to close. I HAD A BLAST!!
WE talked & scrapped & shopped & ate. lol
I did get 3 new pages planning. I also was working on the heritage challenge which i just need to adhere. Luckily I found the pics for that & my birthday cakewalk pages thankfully. I haven't felt this scrappy good for a long time. We were not able to meet before.

Linda, YAY for your great day! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to meet up with your friend! It's so great to be able to connect with a good friend especially if you haven't been able to meet up for a while.

Thanks hon, you are so right. I still feel great about it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-09-13 05:44 PM
In response to anda11

Hi everyone!

I had a great time last night. I worked on a page for a Project in a bag contest at my LSS. I played around with mists that I haven't been able to use because they don't fit with my color scheme on the wedding album. I got to do some vintage grungy steampunky kind of stuff. I stayed up until 2 am working on it. Just playing around with whatever I felt like doing. I didn't have a plan at all. It wasn't the best page ever but since I didn't have a plan I was happy with how it turned out. But mostly I just had a BLAST and accidentally happened upon several techniques that I was really excited about

Vikki, thank you for the sweet comments

I hope everyone is having a great scrappy weekend so far!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics