Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Artfulscrapbooking
Veteran
Artfulscrapbooking
In response to MrsD2008

I'm working on a birthday card and decorating my 8x8 Santa album!!

my blog: http://artfulscrapbooking .wordpress.com/

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Artfulscrapbooking

I finally got another layout done....it seems to take me forever these days to do one layout! For one thing, I don't seem to have enough hours in the day and when I do have a bit of time, it's usually at night and I'm tired!
Anyway, this one is a layout showing the relationship between my son and one of our dogs over the years....the pics are from when he was about 2 yrs. old to now (7 yrs. old)....

My Best Friend Pt.1 By Kiyawinn

My Best Friend Pt.2 By Kiyawinn

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Artfulscrapbooking

• Artfulscrapbooking Said:
I'm working on a birthday card and decorating my 8x8 Santa album!!

my blog: http://artfulscrapbooking .wordpress.com/

Hi! Glad you are working on stuff to. I love making birthday cards. Have fun decorating your Santa album. Maybe I will make a birthday card for my friend for Tues. You just reminded me.I wonder if I can use my Cameo. you got me thinking.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I finally got another layout done....it seems to take me forever these days to do one layout! For one thing, I don't seem to have enough hours in the day and when I do have a bit of time, it's usually at night and I'm tired!
Anyway, this one is a layout showing the relationship between my son and one of our dogs over the years....the pics are from when he was about 2 yrs. old to now (7 yrs. old)....

My Best Friend Pt.1 By Kiyawinn

My Best Friend Pt.2 By Kiyawinn

Alison

Hi Alison, I take longer to finish a page than I used to. This is adorable. I left you love. love the papers, rosette, poem & the pics of your cute son.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Sun evening guys, I am totally done with the kitchen so Now I am going to play. I am going to see if I can make my Cameo cut the 1st cut. Then if I am able t o cut more...I am going to try to make a birthday card for my bff for tues. I know I bought 1 or 2 yesterday. I think I saw one on it already if I am not mistaken. Mine was the star one which will work. I did a ton of animals holding balloons & balloons alone that I can use.I hope I have enough paper to practice on. I need to buy cardstock. I left all of mine at the old house. no problem rebuying..I just need to go do it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I can't wait.. Dh is running an errand so I had him stop by HL & get me a 100 sheet card stock pack that they are holding. then I can play.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Now I feel like I can scrap now that I have a supply of cardstock. lol now I am going to do my video for it & their site/manual. I CANT WAIT! I guess you guys can understand. lol

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

How did it go with the Cameo, Linda?
Did you end up making a card? I wanna see....

I'm having so much fun with mine (got it at Christmas) and keep trying new things...

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
How did it go with the Cameo, Linda?
Did you end up making a card? I wanna see....

I'm having so much fun with mine (got it at Christmas) and keep trying new things...

Alison

I am so glad you have one Alison. I first cut a tag with no problems. Then I did a whole page of misc stuff. It did great except a couple images were messed up. I was arranging the items all around the page which was cool. I am getting the hang of it. lol I haven't started the birthday yet. I did not realize there is a birthday card in there. I have the star one too. I need to get the spatula asap tomorrow. I have an old cm tool that is flat that is working but not well on the fine stuff.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

The metal spatula thing is invaluable....and I also use the scraper sometimes (don't see it here in the store). It's great for when there is a lot of little pieces.

You have to try the sketch pens too....they are amazing! I love being able to write stuff directly on the background....you can draw images and then colour them in, like stamping, too!
I also have the fabric blade....I thought I'd cut flowers or something with it but haven't used it yet as I haven't started a project that I would use that on yet.....

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

thanks for the tips hon! I have the metallic markers but not the reg ones. Here is a funny thing. I called Archivers to hold the spatch & scraper. I can get it today. She said be very careful when using the spatula because it would remove the adhesive off the mat. I could see the scraper doing it but not the spatula. Doersn't make sense to me. I have seen people say you can reapply adhesive to the mates if you wanted. I guess my thinking is does it matter if it is not very sticky? I could get off some anyway but the thin stuff I was messing it up. They oonly have the spatch in stock thankfully so I can use it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, We are expecting a snowstorm tonight so I am so glad dh is picking up my tool for the cameo while he was out. I want to do some cuttiing. I want to try a card. I got some glorious rose stuff that I may test out. it is for our one aniversary trip. the place had gold roses as their logo. I had 2 rose die cut pages that I bought years ago that I loved. they got ruined in the album switch.I bought this cool punch around the page but the rose matched the die paper so I was going to make a new one. I could not get that darn punch to work. I was sad. Then I found this glorious rose background cut. it matches all my stuff..same rose. There was lots more rose stuff too. I had placed the black die sheet over shiny gold cardstock. That is what I am going to do with these cuts.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

Linda, I responded to you as well over on the Silhouette board but....I have been using the spatula since I got my machine in December....I use it all the time and I've never had an issue with it....ever.
I also sometimes use the scraper and never had an issue.
I don't think the sticky could come OFF the mat very easily.....it becomes less sticky after some use but it doesn't actually come OFF......

Have fun making your card!

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Linda, I responded to you as well over on the Silhouette board but....I have been using the spatula since I got my machine in December....I use it all the time and I've never had an issue with it....ever.
I also sometimes use the scraper and never had an issue.
I don't think the sticky could come OFF the mat very easily.....it becomes less sticky after some use but it doesn't actually come OFF......

Have fun making your card!

Alison

Thanks Alison....I thought it really seemed weird for her to say. I got it. she was at Archivers. I am pretty sure I saw that they will sell cuts for people so maybe they are using it a ton.
I decided to wait till tomorrow to do the card.

Edited by anda11 on 03-25-13 12:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to try the card right now. I just talked to my bff & we can't wait till tomorrow. We are going to Applebees which we both love. :)Then to the lss & crop. I am going to finish my telephone page for the heritage challenge.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-28-13 06:38 PM
In response to anda11

Linda how did your card come out? and did you have a blast at the crop? Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

Alison, love your 2 page layout. I left you some love. I sure am glad you know your way around a cameo. I'm gonna be asking for help before too long

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Linda how did your card come out? and did you have a blast at the crop? Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

Alison, love your 2 page layout. I left you some love. I sure am glad you know your way around a cameo. I'm gonna be asking for help before too long

Hi Jarvae. We had a blast Then dh had oral surgery at the hospital the next day. She called & we met again to crop yesterday. I am exhausted. lol She loved her card.
I am sorry I haven't answered your pm. I am so EXCITED that you got one too I don't think you need to worry about learning it at all. :):) I have read that people think it is easier than the cricut to learn.
I am not a computer person at all. I am online all the time & I can do stuff that I had learned over the years. (printer, scanner, ancestry, camera, scrap boards) I know how to type a letter in my word but that is all I know. I do not know anything about any computer program at all. Not windows or office or anything.
I felt it was pretty easy for me to start it. The 1st 2 cuts were perfect. I cut a card & I cut a bunch of shapes. I figured how to arrange them on the screen too. The cool thing is when you select what type paper before you cut...it shows you which blade setting you should use. The little cap thingy that changes the blade setting that came in the blade pack....there is one right in front of the blade holder so it easy to change it.
I have read that some people think it is easier than the cricut to learn but I do not know cause I do not have one. The cd that came with it really had you cutting pretty quick. (the manual too) You can start using it right away & learn all the other stuff as you go. I think you are a computer person for work....I think you will have no problems at all. I told myself I was not going to be afraid of it. :):)
Holly told me about a fab board that has all kinds of help there. It has places for you to learn different stuff on the machine. It has a question bb too. Lots of help there. It also has a bunch of free images too on the site. It also has a list of sites to get other images that are paid & free.
You can ask questions there. Google Sihouette Plus & it comes up.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Fri morn everyone,

I had a blast with my friend at the lss. I got my heritage challenge page done. I need to journal it though. Then dh had oral surgery at the hospital the next day. (he is fine) Then we met to crop again yesterday. I had another blast. I was working on a Christmas page that I started months ago. I found a cute elf for it that I love. I needed an elf. I plan on finishing both heritage & elf pages today.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

Yes, the cameo is cool because if you are not computer literate, you can just click to download an image, drag to the workspace, and cut....very easy!
As you get used to it, you can start creating titles, welding letters, downloading SVG files and converting, designing your own shapes, tags, borders etc...
You can grow at your own pace!

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey guys, I went to mikes today to get some cardstock. I stayed for a long time. :)I had fun.
I got some stuff for my next heritage page.
I buy cardstock everywhere. I buy it it the lss. I buy it at the big box stores too. When I cut on my cameo with cardstock- it was great. When I cut with the packs of Hob lob brand, I had to turn the blade to 2. Last year I noticed they made it much thinner.
Everything cut but some of the words messed up. Some people don't use it on thiers because of that. I am pretty sure the open stock is still thicker. They said mikes was fine. So I bought a bunch of that. I also got some for my vintage images on my printer. I had left that at the other home too.
I have to journal my heritage & post it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics