Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been spending some my time importing images to my cameo caus I just learned how to d o that today. lol It is such a blast.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

It sounds like you're having fun with your new Cameo, Linda. I put my new, improved blade into the Cameo today and I couldn't believe the difference in the cut...and it's so quiet compared to what it had been before.

There are some fun things in the Silhouette store, aren't there? Sometime I'm going to buy a few of their puzzle cuts. I think that would be fun to make cards for my younger grandkids.

Did you ever get your snowman cards done? Not trying to bug you about them...just curious. It was such a cute design...I'm still thinking about making them for this Christmas. If I were smart, I'd start now...but...

Have fun with your new toy and your heritage pages. I just ordered some heritage-looking paper the other night on the BoBunny sale. Too many projects I want to work on! ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
It sounds like you're having fun with your new Cameo, Linda. I put my new, improved blade into the Cameo today and I couldn't believe the difference in the cut...and it's so quiet compared to what it had been before.

There are some fun things in the Silhouette store, aren't there? Sometime I'm going to buy a few of their puzzle cuts. I think that would be fun to make cards for my younger grandkids.

Did you ever get your snowman cards done? Not trying to bug you about them...just curious. It was such a cute design...I'm still thinking about making them for this Christmas. If I were smart, I'd start now...but...

Have fun with your new toy and your heritage pages. I just ordered some heritage-looking paper the other night on the BoBunny sale. Too many projects I want to work on! ~Judy

I am not talking about their site. I learned that right away. lol I am talking about other ones I find on other sites. I am glad uou got your new blade. Glad it is working. I have not bought any puzzle cuts yet. I bet your Grandkids would love them. They have a ton of stuff I want there. I have not finished my cards but yestaerday I thought I felt like doing them so I probably will. Do you need me to post the one on You tube that I copied? I would be happy to.
I was getting stuck on my heritage page. How can you resist heritage looking paper?
The site that Holly told me about has lots of free images. So amazing. one I saw was called elegant posters. It is a group of those sign posts. I saww Tim Holtz die & wanted it for heritage & other pages. People were using them for titles, places they were..These are so much better cause it is a group. They are so fab.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

I had a Sizzix die that cut puzzle pieces and I did purchase one of the Silhouette puzzle ones....

Judy, one of the cool things you can do with them is to buy the adhesive "magnet paper"....one side of the stuff has adhesive on it so you can stick any paper you like to it....
Then cut out the puzzle from the Cameo and you have magnetic puzzle pieces that you can stick up on a magnet board.....

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

I was on a site that had 30 pages of free svg images for my cameo. I just went throught them. SO cute.
They had a puzzle one too.
It was called SVG Cuts.
I googled free cuts & they came up with lots of others

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Yes, I get the SVGCuts in my e-mail every week and have all the freebies way back to their first one. I just don't use them that much because I can't just look at my folder and see the design-picture of each one. I have them all organized, but I'm lazy :>)

Linda—I have the link you sent for the snowman cards. I'm assuming I can find it :>) No matter how organized I think I am, it doesn't always mean I'll find everything lol Sometimes I think I over-organize and outsmart myself!

Alison—That's a good idea for the magnetic puzzles. I've got magnetic "paper" that I bought ages ago and have never gotten around to using. I've got kids' birthday cards to make for May, so I'll keep it in mind. ~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-13-13 09:10 PM

Hello everyone Just checking in. I am in the car and hubs is driving... we drove to Austin for the day to see family. We'll get home at about 2:30 am.

Last night I stayed up till 4 am doing a layout that was due today at my LSS. I am hoping to have some scrapbooking time tomorrow but I might just sleep all day. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Yes, I get the SVGCuts in my e-mail every week and have all the freebies way back to their first one. I just don't use them that much because I can't just look at my folder and see the design-picture of each one. I have them all organized, but I'm lazy :>)

Linda—I have the link you sent for the snowman cards. I'm assuming I can find it :>) No matter how organized I think I am, it doesn't always mean I'll find everything lol Sometimes I think I over-organize and outsmart myself!

Alison—That's a good idea for the magnetic puzzles. I've got magnetic "paper" that I bought ages ago and have never gotten around to using. I've got kids' birthday cards to make for May, so I'll keep it in mind. ~Judy

I can see that happening very easily Judy. Since I am adding big lots at a time too. Besides...it is probably easier to find a new cut than the old. :)Let me know if you can't find the link for the snowman.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
Hello everyone Just checking in. I am in the car and hubs is driving... we drove to Austin for the day to see family. We'll get home at about 2:30 am.

Last night I stayed up till 4 am doing a layout that was due today at my LSS. I am hoping to have some scrapbooking time tomorrow but I might just sleep all day. LOL

HI Vae, I am so glad you were able to visit with family. I sure don't blame you for sleeping.
I am glad you got your page done for the lss. YEAH

paxtonkevin
Veteran
paxtonkevin
In response to anda11

Hi Everyone,

I am new at this so please bear with me. This weekend I will be working on a Wedding Album for my cousin and a Senior Book for my girlfriends son who will be graduating next year from high school. I will post layouts to my gallery when I have them done. Thank you all for your encouragement.

Tina

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to paxtonkevin

• paxtonkevin Said:
Hi Everyone,

I am new at this so please bear with me. This weekend I will be working on a Wedding Album for my cousin and a Senior Book for my girlfriends son who will be graduating next year from high school. I will post layouts to my gallery when I have them done. Thank you all for your encouragement.

Tina

OH Tina... I am so glad you posted. Do not hesitate to ask anyone anything.. about the site or scrapping or anything. I think wedding albums sound like so much fun to work on. Vae who just posted above you has been working on hers. It is nice that you are making an album for your friends son. :)I am going to work on my heritage page for the challenge I am hosting.

Edited by anda11 on 04-18-13 09:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

paxtonkevin
Veteran
paxtonkevin
In response to anda11

Thank you Linda for visiting my gallery and the love you sent.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• paxtonkevin Said:
Thank you Linda for visiting my gallery and the love you sent.

You are welcome hon. I am trying to see how I want my page. I think my problem is that I have too many sheets of the line. I can't decide

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to anda11

I am going to dump out all my die cuts and see how many cards i can make.

My town is in lockdown anyway so may as well use the time creatively. I'm in boston

paxtonkevin
Veteran
paxtonkevin
In response to cescrapper

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finished the Wedding Album last night and posted them to my gallery before losing power from the rain storm. Thank you all so much.

Edited by paxtonkevin on 04-20-13 07:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

How are you doing on your heritage page, Linda? It seems like the hardest part of scrapping is figuring out the bg paper...just too many choices!

Congrats on getting the wedding album finished, Pax! What are you going to work on now?

How many different cards did you get made, CE?

I need to make a birthday card for our youngest daughter and finish up a LO that I started last night. ~Judy

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I will be starting to pack my stuff up.....I leave for my annual, girls', scrapping long weekend on Thursday...Yay!
I cannot wait! I love my husband and son but it is sooo nice to get away for a weekend!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• paxtonkevin Said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I finished the Wedding Album last night and posted them to my gallery before losing power from the rain storm. Thank you all so much.

YEAH ON FINISHING THE WEDDING ALBUM I will check it out in a bit.

Edited by anda11 on 04-20-13 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to cescrapper

• cescrapper Said:
I am going to dump out all my die cuts and see how many cards i can make.

My town is in lockdown anyway so may as well use the time creatively. I'm in boston

I sure hope that you are able to work on stuff. I am so glad that you are no longer on lockdown anymore & that they did get him finally. I am so sorry that you guys have been through so much pain & sorrow & frightning things. You have my deepest sympathies. My thoughts are with you all.

Edited by anda11 on 04-20-13 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
How are you doing on your heritage page, Linda? It seems like the hardest part of scrapping is figuring out the bg paper...just too many choices!

Congrats on getting the wedding album finished, Pax! What are you going to work on now?

How many different cards did you get made, CE?

I need to make a birthday card for our youngest daughter and finish up a LO that I started last night. ~Judy

Hi Judy, I have part of it glued down. I think I can finish it today. I realize that I did not tear & ink my pages like I was going to. oh well. I hope that you get your card done & the layout you started last night.
I still don't like calling my birthday pages heritage. lol

Edited by anda11 on 04-20-13 11:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics