Page 6 of 105 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Oh Linda, I'm just glad he doens't need to do the surgery now. Maybe he never will!

I am so sorry your husband is having so many issues. My husband is a pace maker patient and that makes everything a little more difficult!

Dave said that he will definitely have to have the back surgery cause his spine is so far out of line. He said that he couldn't do it until the Aneur. was taken care of cause when he moved thing s, he would break it. It isn't an emergency but should be soon.
How is your dh doing with his? Has he been feeling better?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

My bff had to cancel because she has to go to the dentist so we will go next week. I am going to work on the page I have in progress that I lifted.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to anda11

I plan to work on some 8x8 kits for a swap, one is fathers day and the other is moonstone/pearl June birthday.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Husband is doing great. He had to have blood work today so he insisted they squeeze me in for bloodwork too. We both go back on Friday for consults. We like to do all labs and dr. appointments together.

Our doctor does lab work every 3 months - I guess becasue we are over 60.

Bill is feeling great. His heart rate is perfect. Blood pressure is a bit low but they will adjust meds on Friday I think.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to TJCraftyWitch

• TJCraftyWitch Said:
I plan to work on some 8x8 kits for a swap, one is fathers day and the other is moonstone/pearl June birthday.

Those sound like fun! moonstone pearl sounds so pretty. I hope you have fun!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Husband is doing great. He had to have blood work today so he insisted they squeeze me in for bloodwork too. We both go back on Friday for consults. We like to do all labs and dr. appointments together.

Our doctor does lab work every 3 months - I guess becasue we are over 60.

Bill is feeling great. His heart rate is perfect. Blood pressure is a bit low but they will adjust meds on Friday I think.

I think having your tests done together sounds great! We used to go to the same dr & hospital & Dave had his cardio there too. I switched to a women & a different hosp yrs ago. I went to the same my Mom had cause I had to go to the Huntington dr & hospital. That is good your dr does them so often. You can find out things much faster that way. Glad to hear Bill's heart rate is good. I am glad to know they will get his BP under control too. I am so glad to hear he feels better.
I told Dave that we should be glad the anuer. is small. Glad it is not an emergency. He also said, this will keep it from rupturing later & killing him. Usually Dave's heart things have been bad. This is not.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am making the mats for my page. I have chosen which font for the letters too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear friends, What are you guys doing this day? I am feeling very good because I had a couple retail scrappy therapy sessions. lol I am also going to go crop with my friend early this week. dh bought me 3 border punches for my birthday. luckily they were 50 off. He also had me go yesterday a buy a bag of goodies (for my birthday) to go with the syryp page that I have been gathering stuff for. The paper & pics have been hard to find stuff anywhere. It is baby pink, red, brown, dk pink, green & creamy yellow. I couldn't find anything at some places. I got so lucky to find 20 different ones at HL. I did buy about 9. I also got a bag of cool flowers that had a pink & red crochet lace flower in it. It is so darn cute. I also found some red brads that have pink stuff on them like hearts. Now I am so excited. I love to buy scrappy stuff.
This evening I am going to scrap. Try to finish the moon page I started. My son has to work tonight so he is taking all of us out for lunch tomorrow to celebrate both. He always gives me a scrappy gift card for gifts cause that is his tradition ever since I started scrapping.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-16-12 06:04 PM
In response to anda11

Well Happy Birthday! Glad you got some goodies- sounds like fun.

All I'm working on is STILL editing and sorting through wedding pictures. But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I divided the photographer's photos into 4 groups: Pre-ceremony, ceremony, formals/family, and reception. I'm *almost* done with the formals and then will just have reception. Well, that, plus all the pics that friends and family have sent me. But there aren't nearly as many of those.

My mom's funeral will be a week from today, and my wonderful hubby is working on scanning a bunch of her old modeling pictures for the slide show. He's going to do all that for me- I just can't do it right now. So working on the wedding photos has been a great distraction and I don't focus as much on pictures of her all over the house.

I was out of town for work all week, and while I was gone, I got at least one package every single day, including today (one day I got 3!!!). I finally got my J's order in- was disappointed that they cancelled one of the items I ordered- and I got some other goodies like pearls and such that I think will go great in the wedding book. I can't wait to be done editing pics and start SCRAPPING them. I am going to change my method and start printing photos every month so I don't fall so far behind again. This is seriously overwhelming, but I'm still having fun.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear dear friends, I haven't really been doing anything scrappy this week. I did go meet my bff at As to crop for about 5 hrs. We had such fun. I am going to finish my moon pages this weekend. I haven't posted too much here because I have been having headaches almost daily. some migraine & some from my low blood sugar.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Headaches are never fun—hopefully you can get over them soon. It sounds like you had fun scrapping with your friend. Glad you are getting a chance to do a little playing with your paper, glue and scissors~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Headaches are never fun—hopefully you can get over them soon. It sounds like you had fun scrapping with your friend. Glad you are getting a chance to do a little playing with your paper, glue and scissors~Judy

Thank you Judy! That is a great name. It was my Moms. My headache is much better tonight. I did work on my page a bit. It is not finished. Both kids came to visit so that was nice.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to anda11

Its my last day of vaycay. I have been off work sincce 6/14/12 and loved it. I will dreadfully return tomorrow. I have completed a few LO's already. I am working on one more today. Then it's back to scrapping on wknds.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-26-12 11:41 AM
In response to Mia1979

My 14 year old kid sister is putting me to shame. It takes me at least a day, sometimes more, to do a single layout. She has whipped out 3 already - one the other night and then 2 today, about to finish another one today. And I must say, they're pretty darn good! LOL!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

It sounds like you and your sister are having a good time together. I'm glad you have each other...and your wonderful-sounding hubby...to get you through this time.

I'm an only child, so having a sister to scrap with sounds like it would be fun, but my daughter and I get together most Thursday nights and work on her Hawaii album. Sometimes we get several pages done, but last week I was having her play with some of my scrapping toys and only one page got finished...but we had fun ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I haven't been cropping but my bff & I may go in the morning. :)I have been trying to comfort dh. He is scared about his surgery. I thought it was 2 separate ones but it is one long one. Still 5 mos recovery. In all of his heart surgeries & others he had over the yrs, this is the 1st one that he is scared. If we don't go to crop, I will try to work on the same pages that are sitting on my table. What are all of you doing?

Edited by anda11 on 06-28-12 05:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I think I found my scrap table. It was missing. lol maybe I can work on the layout that is there.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Well Happy Birthday! Glad you got some goodies- sounds like fun.

All I'm working on is STILL editing and sorting through wedding pictures. But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I divided the photographer's photos into 4 groups: Pre-ceremony, ceremony, formals/family, and reception. I'm *almost* done with the formals and then will just have reception. Well, that, plus all the pics that friends and family have sent me. But there aren't nearly as many of those.

My mom's funeral will be a week from today, and my wonderful hubby is working on scanning a bunch of her old modeling pictures for the slide show. He's going to do all that for me- I just can't do it right now. So working on the wedding photos has been a great distraction and I don't focus as much on pictures of her all over the house.

I was out of town for work all week, and while I was gone, I got at least one package every single day, including today (one day I got 3!!!). I finally got my J's order in- was disappointed that they cancelled one of the items I ordered- and I got some other goodies like pearls and such that I think will go great in the wedding book. I can't wait to be done editing pics and start SCRAPPING them. I am going to change my method and start printing photos every month so I don't fall so far behind again. This is seriously overwhelming, but I'm still having fun.

Oh I did not see where you just lost your mother. I am so deeply sorry. You have my deepest sympathies & hugs. It is nice that your dh is helping you with her modeling photos. I am glad you are able to work on the wedding stuff.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MrsD2008

Two pages of Florida Everglades done (or at least ready to finish mat and glue - will take about 15 minutes at the next crop) so now I'm off to start page 3. There are 5 pages.

After those 3 are done I have 3 more misc. Florida pages to do and I'm thorugh with that trip. That is my goal this weekend. WIll hopefully finish it today. I can do 6 more layouts today, and definitely by the end of the weekend.

Then I have a 1 pager from having houseguests and then a 1, possibly 2 pager from Bill's hospital visit.

THen its just piddly 1 and two page layouts - about 20 of them until I get to Key West. Then I'm caught up.

I want to be caught up so bad. We leave on a trip on Tuesday and I know I will bring back so much more to do in a month in a half or two months of travel.

Coming home to the scrapping caught up is like coming home to a freshly made bed with clean linens and all clean dishes.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I did two layouts. I just posted them on my blog. Now Im going to take a nap. I've been out since 9 am.

Page 6 of 105 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics