Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • aquabunny Said:
Did two pages yesterday of a baseball game I attended last week, and five pages of a mini-album of pictures of me as a kid wearing silly hats. Also, the cover for the hat album.

HI Andrea, I am laughing about the silly hat page. :):) and album lol I hope you post it.

I finished the other two pages of it on Sunday, so maybe I will! It was a nice way to use up an extra 6x12 album that I had scavenged most of the page protectors from (for the ABC album), since there were really only enough hats for a mini album anyway. I am getting REALLY good at working with the 6x12 size now!

Sounds like you have AMAZING kids!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda, great kids really are a blessing, aren't they? No, ours weren't perfect in their growing-up years, but I guess their parents weren't either lol It's nice to know that children can care and be caring. It sounds like you have some great ones...and that doesn't just happen. You and Dave obviously did a good job!~Judy

paxtonkevin
Veteran
paxtonkevin
In response to anda11

Dear Linda,

Thank you for looking at my gallery & love and thank you for asking about my sister. My sister is still not out of the woods, she has pneumonia and a blood clot in one of her lungs. She also can not breath on her own, they have a medium tube in her throat to help her breath and to tube feed her. She can not walk on her own either. They tried to take the breathing tube out, but her minutes per volume is low and her oxygen level drops. They have been running a lot of test but no results yet.

On to another subject, I have started the Senior Album for my girlfriends son. I have only gotten a couple of pages done so far. I will be working on some more tomorrow.

Hope all is well with you.

Tina

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to paxtonkevin

Just a small up date. We are having a little boy. he should be here around the end of june.

I am helping the hostess of my baby shower by making all the invitations and some of the other stuff. Should have them done in a few days. Since they are quite simple for me. (ya shocker I am doing something simple)

hope everyone is doing great.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys I want to say a few things about my kids.. I always think they are perfect & amazing because they are our kids. lol We were not perfect parents either. They have done things that were not perfect. Dave used to have a drinking problem when the kids were small. He did terrible things for some years. Then he stopped thankfully.
due to this my son has never had a drink or smoked or did drugs. My daughter used to drink a lot for a lot of years. Not until she was of age though.
This used to terrify me. Her friends would call & say she just walked out of the bar & no one could find her. I would spend the night looking for her.
It seems like kids now aren't drinking like we used to.. just have fun & get a buzz....they seem to be in a contest of how much they can drink on one evening. How many shots followed by many other drinks in the same evening. I could never drink more than 3 drinks & I would be sick.
My daughter would be bragging how many shots they had along with other alcohol drinks. I was so afraid she would get alcohol poisoning. It was getting worse over the years. Luckily she realized what she was doing was not good & she was tired of making herself sick and she quit drinking. THANKFULLY plus she was getting older too. My son always had problems at school & had a lateness problem too but thankfully nothing illegal.
Because Dave is 9 years older than I they worry more about him especially since he is a heart patient. They want to do anything they can to help him. Our financial picture has been going down for years & years. They keep buying stuff for him /us because once Dave had a couple injuries at work & he went to school & had a job but was fired last year. WE haven't had the extra money to do some things we used to. That is why they are helping.
Ours finances have been bad for years now.
That is why we had to move too. Dave went on early retirement when he got fired last year. We had to move because of money not his retirement. He does not have any retirement in any company. He only has his social security retirement which is small.
We used any bank savings that we may have had many years ago.That is why the kids have been helping. It is because we are broke.

I HOPE Dear friends that you do not think I was bragging at all.

Edited by anda11 on 04-26-13 03:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

But Linda...that's more of a reason to brag on your kids. They're obviously not in it for an inheritance. They may have been down, but they pulled themselves up. All of that still takes good parenting. Maybe some of it came from outside your little family, but they were receptive to learning how to be kind, caring people...even if the road was a bit bumpy getting there. Our children are our inheritance...they're what we leave the world to take our place.

~Judy

paxtonkevin
Veteran
paxtonkevin
In response to anda11

Linda,

I did not feel that you were bragging. I have to agree with what Judy said. I think that it is wonderful that your children are able to help you in anyway that they can, and it is obviously that you care & love you both very much.

Tina

Edited by paxtonkevin on 04-25-13 04:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Thanks guys...I never want to brag about anything unless it is scrappy stuff. lol
I knew you guys know me well enough that I would not do that. The reason my son has 2 vehicles is cause his roommate moved out of state in a hurry for a job. He could not sell his suv by the time he moved. He sold it to my son for about 1/3 the price. He wasn't going to keep it but his car kept dying & he needed it when his was broken. Then his car blew. My son got a used pick up so he could haul stuff all the time but it breaks down too so I think that is why he keeps it.
We do not have the money to replace Dave's car.

My kids were taught by my Daddy on how to take care of people. :)This will be long... lol
My mom had lymphoma & other med stuff. Then she had Huntingtons disease. My Dad took such excellent care of her. My aunt had it too. When she got it, her husband put her in a nursing home in another city & divorced her immediately. My aunts would not tell her. Thankfully she didn't notice cause he was in the army & traveled often.
My dad would never consider doing this to my mom.
He modeled such good care. :):) I was close to both of them. I took my mom out almost daily because she did not drive. We had such fun going to yard sales, shopping, out to eat kids activities, my work stuff, school stuff. We had lots of fun together. Dad would buy gas & mom would always treat us for lunch. The kids went along too. We all loved it. Her huntingtons was kinda mild. But when it got worse, we still did the same things daily. Then she wasn't able to walk very much so we still did everything & she waited in the van. She had a little dog that sat in her lap. I would park in the driveway at a yard sale & bring stuff over to her window fr her to see it & buy it. She had great fun. I can still see her smiling at her new find. My dad took care of her at home & he was a shining example. It is easier to go when he always paid for the gas. :):) My daughter & her grandma were extremely close. They were best buds. They used to spend lots of time together.
We were close geographically too. When Dad died, my mom was not really able to be alone because of her disease. We all had to spend lots of time there to help take care of her. :):) My husband had to spend the night there every night till she died 2 years later. He was the only one who could lift her. She would let him do certain things too.
My kids spent a lot of time there daily to help her. We were already doing that before cause we were always there anyway. MY daughter was there the most. She had it in her mind to take care of her dear grandma My husband is a true hero to me & my family. My dad had plenty of insurance for this exact situation. WE did not do anything financially. My dad did.
We were continuing the way my Dad was. :)I am thankful that he was my dad. I am so thankful that she was my mom too. My daughter is now a nurse aid at an elderly nursing home.

Edited by anda11 on 04-27-13 05:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
Just a small up date. We are having a little boy. he should be here around the end of june.

I am helping the hostess of my baby shower by making all the invitations and some of the other stuff. Should have them done in a few days. Since they are quite simple for me. (ya shocker I am doing something simple)

hope everyone is doing great.

WHOOHOO Stephanie!!! A boy is fabulous!!!CONGRATULATION S HON!!! I can't believe you would do something simple. lol June is a perfect month. I was born in June.
I hope you continue to feel good & are able to help doing things. I hope you enjoy your shower.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • aquabunny Said:
Did two pages yesterday of a baseball game I attended last week, and five pages of a mini-album of pictures of me as a kid wearing silly hats. Also, the cover for the hat album.

HI Andrea, I am laughing about the silly hat page. :):) and album lol I hope you post it.

I finished the other two pages of it on Sunday, so maybe I will! It was a nice way to use up an extra 6x12 album that I had scavenged most of the page protectors from (for the ABC album), since there were really only enough hats for a mini album anyway. I am getting REALLY good at working with the 6x12 size now!

Sounds like you have AMAZING kids!

Hi Andrea, I am glad that you finished your hat album. Are you going to post it?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• paxtonkevin Said:
Dear Linda,

Thank you for looking at my gallery & love and thank you for asking about my sister. My sister is still not out of the woods, she has pneumonia and a blood clot in one of her lungs. She also can not breath on her own, they have a medium tube in her throat to help her breath and to tube feed her. She can not walk on her own either. They tried to take the breathing tube out, but her minutes per volume is low and her oxygen level drops. They have been running a lot of test but no results yet.

On to another subject, I have started the Senior Album for my girlfriends son. I have only gotten a couple of pages done so far. I will be working on some more tomorrow.

Hope all is well with you.

Tina

I am so sorry to hear about your sis having pneumonia. I do hope that she recovers as soon as possible. I hope she is out of danger soon.

Enjoy working on your SR album.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so close to being done on my heritage page. I think I only need to adhere the flowers.
I am going to do that first today.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

I just saw that it was your birthday hon. I hope that you had a very happy birthday.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to anda11

Dug out some more stray die cuts and am making cards.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to cescrapper

• cescrapper Said:
Dug out some more stray die cuts and am making cards.

That sounds lie fun. :)Weren't you posting about being on lockdown? I just wanted to say that I am so glad that your city is starting to be back to normal if that is possible. I sure hope that all of your family & friends are ok. HUGS

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Linda~Judy

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

Title page from the hat album (the rest are also posted):
A Brief History of Hats: Title Page By Aquabunny

Cricut project for a bulletin board at work:
Nurse paper dolls By Aquabunny

paxtonkevin
Veteran
paxtonkevin
In response to anda11

Hey Linda,

Just an update on my sister, they are treating her for the pneumonia and the blood clot and they were able to take the breathing tube out early afternoon on Thursday. She called me that night. She sounds a lot better, so now just unable to get around by self because she is still unstable on her own. Will keep you posted.

I am struggling a little with the Senior Book because I am having trouble with the school emblem, just trying to figure out how to make it.

I am glad that things a getting better for you, keep you head up.

Tina

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Here it is finally

My Birthday Party Heritage Challenge By Anda11

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

They are done will get a photo up sometime this week. The turned out really cutie. I have one extra I thought about sending it to my favorite writer to see what happens.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics