Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

• scrappinmomto2girls Said:
i have a sinus infection that just wont go away!!

hope that everyone is having a great day and has a scrappy good weekend!!

Oh Margaret, I am so sorry that you are under the weather.
I used to deal with sinus issues for yrs but I had a simple simple surgery like maybe 10 yrs ago & I have never had one again. I never ever get a clogged nose either when I do get the flu or colds . I am sorry. They do hurt.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear dear friends, I am going to work on my lilac page today & this weekend.
I am pretty sure I am going to do a 2 pager cause I have things I want to print & I won't have room. One is a journal box with lilacs all over it. Plus I have other cute things I want to print & use that are so cute. I hope you all are doing ok.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to take a lunch break. The graphic I was going to use as a journal box is possible to be the frame around her pic. I am so happy. If it won't work, I will still use it. I am also now thinking of of putting lilacs around her pic too. I do have images I can use for that.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to anda11

what is a journal box? that sounds interesting

i don't know why I can't get rid of it this time, well even before it would go away for maybe a week or 2 and then come back, I have always had allergies but they never caused problems like this and it is Mothers Day weekend I am suppose to feel GRREAT!! lol

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Just managed to get a layout done between power going out it's all pink paisley Hope Chest.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Sneezy1956

not sure what I am gonna work on today.....feeling a little better so that is a plus I know i am going to make a Mothers Day card for my mom to go with her bouquet of orchids Not sure what else to get her, she has a little bit of everything and has made sure that I know she does not want anymore knick knacks or jewelry or clothes or anything else i named off so I got her flowers which she loves

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Working on a little mini book for my mom for mother's day...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

what is a journal box? that sounds interesting

i don't know why I can't get rid of it this time, well even before it would go away for maybe a week or 2 and then come back, I have always had allergies but they never caused problems like this and it is Mothers Day weekend I am suppose to feel GRREAT!! lol

A journal box is someplace where you do the journaling. You can make them out of paper. LIke card stock square. or any shape. You can buy them. as stickers, card stock ones & separate ones. Then you can print them out too. Lots are out there in all sizes. You can also resize them too.
I do hope that you feel much better tomorrow. I hope your allergies do not get worse.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Just managed to get a layout done between power going out it's all pink paisley Hope Chest.

YEAH Jane:):) on getting your page done in time. I hope your power did not stay off too long.

Edited by anda11 on 05-11-13 05:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

not sure what I am gonna work on today.....feeling a little better so that is a plus I know i am going to make a Mothers Day card for my mom to go with her bouquet of orchids Not sure what else to get her, she has a little bit of everything and has made sure that I know she does not want anymore knick knacks or jewelry or clothes or anything else i named off so I got her flowers which she loves

I am so glad you are feeling better. She will love your card. Flowers are never wrong. lol Orchids are beautiful. She will love them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Working on a little mini book for my mom for mother's day...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hi Alison, I know you will have such fun making it. I always loved making stuff for my mom or dad & aunts & uncles. They always treasured it. My aunt still had much of what I made her hanging in her house till she died. (even the old macrame.) lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I haven't worked on Mom's page but I did spend most of the time looking for more lilac & other images for this page. Found some more great ones.
I am also starting to think of next months challenge. I want to do a page about my Dad. (fathers day) I am kinda excited now. There is a tiny pic of him standing in the yard holding his teddy bear. I think he is wearing a dress.
I am going to look for vintage teddies online. I also have 2 drawers of teddy stamps due to my dd being nicknamed boo bear. I have bears doing everything lol. I have old ones too.
I could stamp my own background paper.
I love looking for new images so that is what I am going to do tonight.

Edited by anda11 on 05-11-13 05:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to anda11

Linda it was on and off all morning drove me nutty would get to the good part of Hunger Games which is what I had in the DVD while I was scrapping and it would go out again. Then of course every clock in the house would start beeping when it came back on

I hope everyone had a good day.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Linda it was on and off all morning drove me nutty would get to the good part of Hunger Games which is what I had in the DVD while I was scrapping and it would go out again. Then of course every clock in the house would start beeping when it came back on

I hope everyone had a good day.

I am sorry that it was off that long. I hate when the power is off. You are so right about all the clocks & other stuff. Glad it is back on now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been looking for antique bear images. I am so excited. I found some big tags. They are in shades of brown. The writing is that circus font that Tim holtz has. One says this bear belongs to ________. The other says you are beary special to me. They have cute bears on them. They are perfect.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to anda11

antique bear images, I bet that is neat! I am rally getting into the vintage style with scrapping these old pics

Mom did love the flowers and card

Hope you all are having a wonderful Mothers Day! Hubby caught my sickness so the plans that he and the girls had made for me kinda went down the drain but no worries, the girls are outside playing,I am scrapping, so I am one happy mama (except for hubby being sick)

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
That is funny. lol I have not made tortillas from scratch but I do make my own taco seasoning & enchilada sauce from scratch. I have made guacamole from scratch but to be honest, I do not like it. lol Dave loves it though. I was always afraid to fry the chimichangas thinking it would be difficult....but we tried it a couple years ago & it took like 1 minute & it was done. It was so easy. I am thankful I was introduced as a child like your parents did to you. Back in my day there were not any mexican restaurants in my City in Oh.

I haven't made tortillas yet, either. One of these days, Imma try. Just for fun and games.

When I was 2-1/2, I was adopted into a white family. My adoptive parents got me at six months old. The reason it took so long for the adoption to finalize was because the courts were trying to find a Mexican family for me.

Being darker skinned, I am about the same color as brown sugar, I stuck out like a sore thumb in family photos. But I always felt loved and like one of the family, I felt chosen. I always kid my mom, "Instead of labor pains with me, you got writer's cramp from signing all those forms."

I did not grow up speaking Spanish, in fact Spanish is my second language and I'm roughly half-fluent in it. I try to peek in on the Latin Divas around here once in a while to see how much more I understand.

I also did not grow up eating Mexican food. I grew up on hamburgers and hot dogs like any other American kid. We went to restaurants to get Mexican food. The closest my mom could come to making Mexican food was to make tacos or Dorito casserole. Both of which I love, even though Dorito casserole isn't REALLY Mexican food.

That is such a cute story Maria>. You are right..you were chosen. I am sure your family did not care what color you were. I have to tell you that I love Dorito casserole too.
I took 4or 5 years of Spanish in school but I sure do not remember much let alone speak it. lol

Thanks. And no, they don't care. They love me as if I were their own. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school at the insistence of my mom. My senior year, I had to choose between taking Spanish 4 and accepting an invitation to be the cartoonist for the school newspaper. I chose the school paper for a change of pace.

Come to find out, they teach you the dialect from Spain in school, rather than from Mexico. IMO, Mexican Spanish is more common 'round these parts, and is what should be taught in schools.

I have worked for over 7 years around Hispanics. Mexicans, Guatemalans, Hondurans, El Salvadorenos. I found out pretty quickly that the dialect is much different. Over the course of seven years, I have learned a LOT more Spanish, including swear words , and consider myself half-fluent. I can understand quite a bit in the Latin Divas threads here on sb.com, and have posted a couple of times in Spanish on those threads.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

I didn't get to scrap yesterday, but I'm going to start here in a bit. "Sister Act" movies waiting to be popped in to the computer, and I have an ABC book to bind that I made a couple of weeks ago.

After that, I have to do a page for Lizzie's teacher, Mrs. P. Her class is giving Mrs. P. a 12x12 scrapbook with a page from each child. I think it is a brilliant idea, and I am bummed I didn't think of it first!

Then I have a page lined up to do for my mom. Mom adamantly forbids me from spending any money on her for her birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas: "I have everything I could ever want, don't spend your money on me, save it for my grandbabies. I love your cards you make, they are just beautiful. Make me a card and I will be happy."

So I made her a card, and mailed it. When I was going through my pics for NSBD last weekend, I came across some reprints of older pics. There's one of my big brother and big sister when they were 2 and 4 respectively; and then another of me at 10 or so and my brother, who had offered to babysit me while home on leave from the military, so Momma and Daddy could go out to dinner alone. They came home and found Big Brother and me curled up together, asleep in Daddy's easy chair.

Diva
In response to anda11

This weekend I need to start with the 50th wedding anniversary scrapbook for my SIL's parents. She asked me to work on to give them a surprise. SO honored!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, I am quickly checking in. I am under the weather. I had lilac framed paper that I was going to use as journaling. I realized that I would be able to use it as a frame for her pic too if I resized. I just printed it. I love it. It is so pretty too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics