Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
No scrapping for me this weekend. Going to a wedding and spend time with family.

Thats always nice. Enjoy!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Linda, your project sounds great!...Although, I don't remember what it is for.....

I went shopping at an art store here, DeSerres...
it is the coolest place! I've driven past them a bunch of times but never gone in....
They are true art stores (they don't sell fake flowers and baskets and candles etc...like Ms)
They have all sorts of painting supplies, woodburning, soapmaking, paper stuff, beading & jewellery making, wool and knitting supplies...just all kinds of stuff!
I had my son with me so I had to leave but I could have spent hours in there!

I ended up getting some cardstock that has a "canvas" texture and another pack of cardstock that has another texture on it. It is inkjet paper, 8 1/2 x 11.
I was thinking I would use it to do some print and cuts with my cameo, tags and such.....can't wait to play this weekend!

ooooh Alison, My heart is beating faster. lol I LOVE art stores. Isn't it great when you finally can go in a new place that you have been driving by??? Maybe you will be able to go in again soon Your paper sounds so nice. I hope they work well with your cameo. Enjoy playing with it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Oh, and I'm going back tonight to maybe get some gelatos....I saw a video with Wilna Furstenburg making enamel dots with gelatos and glaze.....I have to try it!

WHOOHOO Alison... I saw a thing about gelatos. I want some. I am so excited for you.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Linda--So glad to hear you're settling in and happy there!! How wonderful that you moved into a ready made garden!!

Alison--Be sure to share the gelato experiment when you're done!!

Thanks Kim, To be honest...we both love flower gardens but since I have 3 back issues & Dave has gotten a back issue & other stuff..we really can't be doing the work anymore. To have it already done is a nice surprise for us. lol we can still sit out & enjoy it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to dorichatelain

• dorichatelain Said:
Hi everybody,

I saw this thread and thought it would be fun to join.

I have been working on my new craft room in our new house. It seems like at times I will never fully finish moving my stuff into the room. I didn't think I had so much craft stuff. I had a lot in storage that I totally forgot about.

I can't wait until I can go in my room and actually scrap.

Hey Dori, WELCOME We would love to have you join us. Congrats on your new house & new room
I totally understand about having stuff you didn't realize since we just moved a few months ago. lol
I can't wait for you to be able to scrap.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • anda11 Said:
Hey guys, I do not want you to think I am ignoring you. I have been busy with a couple things. I will answer your wonderful posts soon

Linda Linda Linda - we would NEVER think you were ignoring us!! Hope what you're keeping busy with is all fun stuff

Thanks Kim

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
My lss is putting together a design team that I'd like to try out for, so (insert blanket apology here) I've been flooding the gallery.

Part of the application is a link to an online gallery and I don't always take the time to upload what I've been working on, so of course its a back log now.

I'm trying out for the mixed media and art journaling spots, but I'm uploading everything. Deadline to apply is June 15th, so I promise to stop uploading before that!!

Oh Kim...How exciting.

You go ahead and flood the gallery.. I do not mind anyone who does that. I would LOVE to see all your stuff. I have a good feeling that you will get it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in. We finally got our house finished and are in the process of moving in. Tonight is our first night to sleep in the new house. It will be a while before I can unpack my scrappy stuff but I'm so excited!

Kim, I marked a few of your gallery items as faves. Very pretty!

Linda, good luck getting your order!! I can't wait to see what you got :-)

Alison, did you get the gelatos? I have two metallic ones still in the package. I can't wait to try them.

WHOOHOOO Vae
Congrats on your new house. I would be so excited to to be able to sleep there.
You will be so busy unpacking & decorating that you will not have time for scrappy stuff.
I always wanted to tell you that I think your photo in your avatar is glorious. You are so stunningly beautiful.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
No scrapping for me this weekend. Going to a wedding and spend time with family.

Oh well....I would much rather go to a wedding anyway. lol Thinks of the pics you will be taking Have a blast with your family.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Yes, Vae, I got some gelatos.....the greens, the blues, the oranges/yellows, the black/white...LOL!
I haven't tried it yet but I want to play with them because I watched a couple videos of Wilna Furstenburg using them!
You can make them look like water colours too!
I just need to find time to sit and play with my scrapping stuff....I've been way too busy lately!

YEAH Alison, Congrats on your new purchase
I do hope that you will have some time to actually use them. It is terrible when you can't play with new purchases. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Hey you guys

Thanks for the nice gallery comments!
Here's hoping the lss likes it, too

Vae-Congrats and enjoy the first night in the new house!! Exciting and exhausting all at once.

Alison--Let me know how you like the gelatos! I've seen them in the stores, but haven't taken them for a test drive yet.

Linda--Hope you're having a fun and scrappy day!!

Hey Kim, I just checked out your wonderful gallery. I left you some love & I saved a bunch. They should love them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I did not have time to post these. lol

Lilac Beauty Pg 1 May Heritage Challenge By Anda11

Lilac Beauty pg 2 May Heritage Challenge By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Thanks for crossing your fingers. lol I ordered on Tues. It came today which is amazing. It was in New England though. I saw this when it came out & missed it. I want to use it for my parents pics & their sibs when they were kids. I really wanted it. It was a hard thing to find. I got 2 pads & 2 different chip stickers. I told you I am going to do my dad as a baby with his teddy. This is perfect. I am going to add other stuff too that I have saved. Like those teddy tags I saw to print.
One of the artists was Bessie Pease Gutmann who they used. I used to collect her beautiful prints. They were mostly kids. I had them all over my house. They melt my heart. My sil bought me one of a newborn for my son's nursery.
I have tons of her prints on Pinterest. I am going to print them for many pages. mine were damaged in the attic.
My living room used to be peach with cherubs all over & her prints on the wall. I had cherub lamps too. Dave used to joke that he was going to hang a gun on the wall to show a man lived there. lol He wanted me to be happy. He was secure in his masculinity too. lol I had one on my Mom's lilac page next to her pic on the bottom.

Edited by anda11 on 06-06-13 10:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

My daughter called a couple hours ago. Thank God she is ok. :)There was a double shooting in the apartment next to hers. Her level has 2 apartments & doors. It was the one next to hers...same level. I am so glad it did not go her way. They think it may be a murder suicide. Now I am shaking. I am so glad she is ok.

Edited by anda11 on 06-06-13 11:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

How awful...well, obviously wonderful that she's safe, but to be so nearby has to be an awful experience to go through. So glad that she is safe!~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

Oh my God...I am tears now....My son left last night to drive to Fla to his friend's in Jacksonville to work for the week. He just called again stating there was a hurricane. He is in GA now. He is an hour away from Jacksonville & was going to drive on in right now. We saw on the tv that Jacksonville has some roads closed & the storm is around/in Jaclsopnville right now. We called him & told him. He is going to wait it out right there. I am so thankful. He said the rain wasn't bad yet & he was going to go on until we called just now.
I am so scared that he is somewhere he will get hit. This is a day of worry for me.

Edited by anda11 on 06-06-13 01:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

It looks like the bad part of the storm is moved. It looks like the city has good reports now. He may have talked to his friend who said it is ok to come on in. He is not answering yet.I am sure it is still raining so he needs to be careful & not answer. I hope he is ok.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

Oh, Linda I'm sorry that you've had such a worrisome day!
I hope everything works out well!

Your pages are beautiful! I love the lilac colours!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-06-13 09:40 PM
In response to kiyawinn

Linda, what an emotional roller coaster! I'm so sorry that you've had to worry, but glad your daughter and son are both okay. Hugs!

And thank you for the sweet compliment. You are too kind.

I LOVE your lilac beauty pages. The ribbon with the jewels is stunning. I love the frame with the fussy cut around the corners.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

Oh Linda----Glad to hear your daughter is ok and hope your son made it safely.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics