Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
How awful...well, obviously wonderful that she's safe, but to be so nearby has to be an awful experience to go through. So glad that she is safe!~Judy

You are right. She is fine. She was fine yesterday too. It was weird..she didn't have anything on & didn't hear the shots. I think that is probablt a good thing. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Oh, Linda I'm sorry that you've had such a worrisome day!
I hope everything works out well!

Your pages are beautiful! I love the lilac colours!

Thanks Alison. I loved how it turned out.
He called a few hours later when he got there. He was fine. I am so glad.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
Linda, what an emotional roller coaster! I'm so sorry that you've had to worry, but glad your daughter and son are both okay. Hugs!

And thank you for the sweet compliment. You are too kind.

I LOVE your lilac beauty pages. The ribbon with the jewels is stunning. I love the frame with the fussy cut around the corners.

That is what moms do...worry sometimes. His trip was a spur of the moment thing so I didn't even look at weather so I got scared when I did. lol
He is fine.
I may be kind but you are stunningly beautiful. Anyone can see that.

Thanks for the love on my pages.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Oh Linda----Glad to hear your daughter is ok and hope your son made it safely.

Thanks hon, They are both fine. Thankfully.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to Kim222

I am not doing anything this weekend that has to do with boxes and sorting through them.

I am taking the weekend off and I am going to enjoy my newly organized craft room.

I will be scrapping all weekend....

I need a fun break.....

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Friday dear friends, I am going to try & work on a fathers day card. I want it to be the piano. I haven't even turned on my Cameo for some time. Remember I had a problem. lol I do have one cut out already that looks ok. I am going to try that. lol
I would love to work on my baby page but I need a card. i am getting him a card to get music for his piano so the piano is perfect. I have different ones too. one is cut by hand. I want the 3d one grand piano that I talked about recently.
Vae, I think I sent you the file. Did you make it? Any tips?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

Linda! Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound!!

Can't wait to see your Fathers Day card
Sadly, both my dad and my father in law are gone, but I'll make one for DH, even though our only "kids" are furry and have 4 legs

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to dorichatelain

• dorichatelain Said:
I am not doing anything this weekend that has to do with boxes and sorting through them.

I am taking the weekend off and I am going to enjoy my newly organized craft room.

I will be scrapping all weekend....

I need a fun break.....

WHOOHOO Dori
I am so glad that you will not be going trough boxes this weekend
You do deserve a fun break Have a blast in your new room Have fun scrapping

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Linda! Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound!!

Can't wait to see your Fathers Day card
Sadly, both my dad and my father in law are gone, but I'll make one for DH, even though our only "kids" are furry and have 4 legs

Sadly my Dad & Dave's dad are both gone too. I am making it for Dave. 3 of our kids are 4 legged too. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Sat afternoon. I found 2 cool piano cards that I love. One is a card that opens with a pop up keyboard & has a music holder at the top which is cool for a greeting. The other is a grand piano that kinda opens. That one has some different cut files.
The one i cut is hard for me to figure out as it is one piece that folds up some way then you add white to it. One I saw last night had seperete pieces you put it together. I may do that cause it does tell you what to cut in what color & how many.
If I get frustrated at my cameo, I can do the pop up by hand. lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

hello guys, I am going to try the card I want to make this afternoon. I hope it works. lol
I would feel better if I had it done.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am feeling much better about this card now. lol I had the pattern printed & the sites said what they did to make it but no pictures of the steps. I could figure it out but i have been fighting headaches so i couldn't think clear. lol I just found another page where she did have the step by step pics to follow so I do not have to even think about them anymore. I can just do them. lol

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-11-13 01:53 PM
In response to anda11

So sorry Linda I just saw your post and I haven't made the card yet, so I have no tips to offer I saw that you found a step by step though... did that help?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
So sorry Linda I just saw your post and I haven't made the card yet, so I have no tips to offer I saw that you found a step by step though... did that help?

You know..I was worried about finishing it & I had been having some headaches so I went with the very simple pop up keyboard card. I printed out the instructions in case we lose power tomorrow. My dd called & said we are going to have a couple storms go through that will have very high winds & possible tornados.
I do have the black keys traced & I just need to cut them with my exacto. lol

I heard there is a cool machine out there that would do this lol

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, We are prepping for possible high winds today for tonight. I am a bit nervous cause we may have one of those storms called a durachio ( I think) WE had one last yr & it took down ,any many tress & power lines& tons of damage. I guess they are worse than tornados in the fact they are very high winds but they stay around not like a tornado.
We will know later this afternoon what is coming exactly. I miss the old house for one reason.....we had a HUGE generator (like a car size)& it was connected to just come on automatically when the power went off.

I am hoping that after we are done with the prep.. I can work on my card & be online.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Well, I am a happy girl... We did not even have any tornados or duracho. Lots of high winds in certain places with building damage. We never lost power. Most of our city ( Columbus) did not lose power either. I was worried cause last year we had lost huge trees in the duracho. Power was out too but we had a generator & we added cords for our neighbors too. We don't have any big tree here so that us good.

I am going to work on my card now. I did not work on t at all yesterday.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

I had to go see my Dr. on monday, he end up
Sending me to the hospital. He end doing a c section.

we now have a baby boy 9.5 lbs 21.25 inches. He has been in Nicu since birth.
He is getting better each dau.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Stephanie D

Glad to hear no damage in your area, Linda!!

How did the piano card come out? I'd love to see it!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Congratulations Stephanie!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
I had to go see my Dr. on monday, he end up
Sending me to the hospital. He end doing a c section.

we now have a baby boy 9.5 lbs 21.25 inches. He has been in Nicu since birth.
He is getting better each dau.

OH WOW Stephanie!!! Congrats on your new baby boy hon. You take your time to recover from your section. I am glad to hear he is doing better.
The nicus have such an amazing things to help now. He doesn't sound premature. lol that is how big my son was. I had sections with both. back in the dark ages. lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics