Page 7 of 187 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mia1979

I got one more page of the Everglades done and I think the last two pages are going to be 6 pictures of Alligators each. They are 4 x 6 and take up the full photos so there isn't much room to crop. I really don't think I can do much with blocking or anything because they take up the full photos so these two will probably just be photo pages. I am going to play with it for a while to see if there is anything I can do with these 12 alligator pictures.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Henri Jean

When my photo-screensaver comes on, I keep seeing pics of 'gators that we took, then when you talk about them, Henri, it makes me want to start on either my LA or FL album...but I just started scrapping another trip on our Tahoe album, so I'll at least finish that trip. I'm up to Dec., 1993...just a few more years to go & since we make at least two trips a year, this album will probably take me the rest of my life

Mia~I looked at your gallery. You've got some cute layouts...bright and happy looking!

I'm also hoping to use the Craft Wars 50% coupon at Mike's before it expires tonight. I just can't figure out what I want to buy. I have most everything I want that they carry, but I always NEED more punches

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

Working on the Nike missle site which is in the Everglads and was used for defense during the Cuban Missle Crisis.

The research has been fasicnating - I learned so much. Now to edit it down so it fits on a page with the pictures.

THen the part of the Everglades with the crocodiles. I didn't know they had crocodiles but there is one place where salt water and fresh water come together or something and there are crocodiles. We just saw one but got lots of pictures of him.

ALl that leaves in the Flrida is a restaurant layout.

Three little one pagers - will get as much done as pottile tonight. THen maybe I can start another section of pages tomorrow.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi everyone, We had severe storms yesterday & today.Lots of trees were down. Had very strong winds. Dave lost his windshield too. Lots of thunder & lightning so I haven't been here much. Dave is not supposed to pick up sticks & logs. I could not get him to stop. He looked out later. 5 adult kids from one neighbor family were picking up stuff. The 4 neighbors from next door were here too. My son kept taking every ones stuff to the recycle place. I do not know how many trips it took. Today, Lowes (home improvement store) sent guys with chainsaws & bags to pick up the stuff. They were not charging anyone. Never saw them do that before. Dave had tears in his eyes cause it was so sweet. I spent the day cooking cause I shopped last night. I am going to make a thank you sign for the mailbox tonight.Dave took pics of everyone working in our yard.
After that, I will work on my layout.

Edited by anda11 on 06-30-12 06:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Two pages of Florida Everglades done (or at least ready to finish mat and glue - will take about 15 minutes at the next crop) so now I'm off to start page 3. There are 5 pages.

After those 3 are done I have 3 more misc. Florida pages to do and I'm thorugh with that trip. That is my goal this weekend. WIll hopefully finish it today. I can do 6 more layouts today, and definitely by the end of the weekend.

Then I have a 1 pager from having houseguests and then a 1, possibly 2 pager from Bill's hospital visit.

THen its just piddly 1 and two page layouts - about 20 of them until I get to Key West. Then I'm caught up.

I want to be caught up so bad. We leave on a trip on Tuesday and I know I will bring back so much more to do in a month in a half or two months of travel.

Coming home to the scrapping caught up is like coming home to a freshly made bed with clean linens and all clean dishes.

Yeah on getting those 2 everglades pages Henri! I hope you get all 5 of the everglades done soon so you can work on the other 3 FLA pages & be done! I do hope you get all the ones you want done so you can be caught up before you leave again.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
I did two layouts. I just posted them on my blog. Now Im going to take a nap. I've been out since 9 am.

YEAH Mia on getting those 2 layouts done!! I hope you were able to sleep.
I saw both of your layouts. I love both of them. Both of the girls are so beaustiful. I left you some love.

Edited by anda11 on 06-30-12 06:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I got one more page of the Everglades done and I think the last two pages are going to be 6 pictures of Alligators each. They are 4 x 6 and take up the full photos so there isn't much room to crop. I really don't think I can do much with blocking or anything because they take up the full photos so these two will probably just be photo pages. I am going to play with it for a while to see if there is anything I can do with these 12 alligator pictures.

YEAH Henri on getting your everglades done!!! WHOOHOO I am glad your last 2 pages are simple. I am sure they will look good no matter how you arrange them

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
When my photo-screensaver comes on, I keep seeing pics of 'gators that we took, then when you talk about them, Henri, it makes me want to start on either my LA or FL album...but I just started scrapping another trip on our Tahoe album, so I'll at least finish that trip. I'm up to Dec., 1993...just a few more years to go & since we make at least two trips a year, this album will probably take me the rest of my life

Mia~I looked at your gallery. You've got some cute layouts...bright and happy looking!

I'm also hoping to use the Craft Wars 50% coupon at Mike's before it expires tonight. I just can't figure out what I want to buy. I have most everything I want that they carry, but I always NEED more punches

Hello Mrs Driver. Do not feel bad about working on 93. I am still working on 87 Disney. lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

How awesome to have that help with your yard Linda! And to have the people from Lowes pitch in. That is what being good neighbors is all about!

I think a sign for the mailbox is a very sweet thing to do.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I'm glad you have some good neighbors and that Lowes pitched in also. Hope the weather calms down and you won't have any more damage.~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
How awesome to have that help with your yard Linda! And to have the people from Lowes pitch in. That is what being good neighbors is all about!

I think a sign for the mailbox is a very sweet thing to do.

We couldn't believe it. The adult kids grew up here. The Mom said that she remembered when her kids walked to grade school & Dave told her that they could walk through our yard cause it backs up to the school. She said she was always so thankful for that. I am sure going to miss them when we move. I know we will find other great neighbors there. Dave thought about the sign. I said let's make it a big red heart.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I'm glad you have some good neighbors and that Lowes pitched in also. Hope the weather calms down and you won't have any more damage.~Judy

Hi Judy,
It has been good today but pop ups storms tomorrow maybe. I hope there is no more damage.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Where are you moving to? If I missed it in your posts, I'm sorry. I know you're leaving the house your dad built, which has to be really hard. We were going to move "back east" a few years ago—even looked at some houses in MS, TN, GA & SC, but then the housing market fell apart and we just kind of forgot about it. We've lived in San Diego (same house) since 1978. Hubby is SoCal native and I don't think he was really into the moving thing. Now I see the weather everywhere else and I'm kinda glad we're still here...at least for a while But I'd love to live where they actually have trees & rivers. Yes, we have lots of trees, but not all smooshed together like on the other coast. Most of our rivers are dry for most of the year. I'm a CO native and I guess I'm glad I'm not living there right now either! San Diego has had its share of major fires and I don't miss them!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Mia1979

I spent all day yesterday at my friends helping her organize all of her scrapbooking, stamping and jewelry making stuff to sell off.

she only wants to quilt now so we organized it all, took pics and posted it on a fb group I'm on for girls we crop with and its just about all gone already - in hours!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

If you just put it up for sale and its nearly all gone in just hours - you did a great job of organizing it and getting it posted well!

Awesome!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

she sold her gypsy, cricut imagine, cricut cake (the big one), and about $2000 worth of jewelery making items (beads, tools, etc)

I think she only has some stamps, misc paper, magazines, embellishments left!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

WOW!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-12 08:00 PM

Happy Monday!

I've been MIA most of last week due to my sister being here. I'm trying to catch up but there are so many threads and blogs it just seems impossible, so I figured I'll just jump in here. Linda, such a bittersweet story. I'm sorry for the damage, but so happy that the neighbors helped out!

I spent this evening organizing my ribbon. This is at least the 3rd time I have reorganized it but I think I finally found a method that will stick. I needed to move them because I needed the container they were in for my ever growing paper collection.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Vae

I hear that Jarvae! My friend gave me a BUNCH I mean a BOAT LOAD of stickles and TH powders and the like and in addition to what I have I know have to rethink how to organize it all. the little container I have for stickles is NOT going to hold all this!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Where are you moving to? If I missed it in your posts, I'm sorry. I know you're leaving the house your dad built, which has to be really hard. We were going to move "back east" a few years ago—even looked at some houses in MS, TN, GA & SC, but then the housing market fell apart and we just kind of forgot about it. We've lived in San Diego (same house) since 1978. Hubby is SoCal native and I don't think he was really into the moving thing. Now I see the weather everywhere else and I'm kinda glad we're still here...at least for a while But I'd love to live where they actually have trees & rivers. Yes, we have lots of trees, but not all smooshed together like on the other coast. Most of our rivers are dry for most of the year. I'm a CO native and I guess I'm glad I'm not living there right now either! San Diego has had its share of major fires and I don't miss them!

You do not need to be sorry at all. I may have only posted it one week & it may have been when you were gone. DH medical conditions have gotten much worse & he went on early retirement. we have 2 acres. He has to get on the roof when it rains because it leaks. He fell off recently. We are staying in this city. We are moving to a condo of some sort so he does not have to do that much yard work. He just found out he has to have back surgery & anerysym at the same time. It will be a 5 mos recovery. You are right. It will be so hard to leave but I want Dave to be safe.
I know what you mean about the housing market. It happens here too. Sometimes I wish I was out there out of the cold but I forgot about your rain. Rain is better than snow.

Page 7 of 187 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics