Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
I spent all day yesterday at my friends helping her organize all of her scrapbooking, stamping and jewelry making stuff to sell off.

she only wants to quilt now so we organized it all, took pics and posted it on a fb group I'm on for girls we crop with and its just about all gone already - in hours!!

Well that was really nice of you to help her do that! That is good it went fast.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
:)

she sold her gypsy, cricut imagine, cricut cake (the big one), and about $2000 worth of jewelery making items (beads, tools, etc)

I think she only has some stamps, misc paper, magazines, embellishments left!

I agree with Henri....WOW no wonder it went so fast!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to anda11

Just reorganized my scrap room to include a space for DGS. So have to get my brain in working order to figure out where I organized the stuff too! Oh and he now gives me lessons on distressing and he decided to download pics of LOs so he can show me how they are done.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Happy Monday!

I've been MIA most of last week due to my sister being here. I'm trying to catch up but there are so many threads and blogs it just seems impossible, so I figured I'll just jump in here. Linda, such a bittersweet story. I'm sorry for the damage, but so happy that the neighbors helped out!

I spent this evening organizing my ribbon. This is at least the 3rd time I have reorganized it but I think I finally found a method that will stick. I needed to move them because I needed the container they were in for my ever growing paper collection.

I sure hope this method will work (((((HUGS)))))

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
I hear that Jarvae! My friend gave me a BUNCH I mean a BOAT LOAD of stickles and TH powders and the like and in addition to what I have I know have to rethink how to organize it all. the little container I have for stickles is NOT going to hold all this!

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY STICKLES & TH POWDERS! YEAH

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to prittb

• prittb Said:
Just reorganized my scrap room to include a space for DGS. So have to get my brain in working order to figure out where I organized the stuff too! Oh and he now gives me lessons on distressing and he decided to download pics of LOs so he can show me how they are done.

That is great Betty! You will have so much fun together.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-04-12 08:16 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
I hear that Jarvae! My friend gave me a BUNCH I mean a BOAT LOAD of stickles and TH powders and the like and in addition to what I have I know have to rethink how to organize it all. the little container I have for stickles is NOT going to hold all this!

I've recently been acquiring quite a few stickles myself. So last night I went to Home Depot and got some things to make myself a little Stickles organizer. So far I'm really happy with it! And I'm loving my new ribbon storage plan too. They are both much easier to work with now.

Now I'm going to try to find some vertical holders for my papers. I had them in a cart with 10 drawers and when I took them out and realized how little space they take up when they're just stacked, I realized how much space that cart takes up. Plus the drawers kept slipping out of their brackets and driving me nuts!

I hope everyone has a great Independence Day today!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-04-12 08:20 AM
In response to anda11

Linda, how is the move going? Everything still going on schedule, more or less? I am so sorry you have to go through all that.

Speaking of weather, it's been over 100 here almost every day, and 2 days ago the A/C in my truck decided to stop working. The hubster is outside working on it right now. He has taken the entire dashboard off and the radio and everything. This truck is my "baby" and this is the first time it has ever needed any work done to it. I don't know why but it's making me very nervous. I know, it's a small pity thing compared to the real problems everyone has, but still

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Vae

Jarvae, what did you get to organize your stickles?

Stickles To Go By Ohio4HMom

this is how I "had" mine stored but now with all the ones she gave me (also included BIG bottles of the cheap stuff) I have no idea how to store them all! I probably have 3x this many now - just in stickles and not including the powders which I'd like to figure out how to store instead of just shoving them in a drawer.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-04-12 09:07 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

I don't think I have quite as many, but I will take a picture of mine. I wanted to store them upside down to prevent air bubbles, so I hot glued some of these PVC pieces together.

Stickles Storage By Jarvae

Stickles side view By Jarvae

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Vae

those are cool! what are the pvc pieces? were they already that size?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-04-12 09:33 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

Yes, those are the 3/4 inch ones. I also glued together some 1" ones for my ice stickles and other larger bottles.

They come in contractor bags of 10 pieces and they are in the pipe section where they have all these types of pieces. These specifically are called Couplings. So I got 4 bags of the 3/4" couplings and 2 bags of the 1" ones. Then I just hot glued them together.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Vae

cool!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear dear friends, I have been very very busy. I have not worked on any scrappy stuff. I have been house hunting mostly. Trying to go through stuff in the house. I have been having migraines almost daily but they are gone now. I am so glad!!! I just invited my bff to crop at As today or tomorrow.
I sure hope she can go. I have not worked on my moon page but I am going to get my stuff ready to take.
I hope she can go.
what are you guys doing?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

That is such a cool idea!
I never thought of that (and DH builds and is at HD all the time )
I use the premade holders for stickles but I wish I would have thought to make one!

Alison
Products Referenced in This Post:

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to kiyawinn

I am working on an an altered collage frame. I painted it "Spearment green" Very pretty color, I havent gotten any further than that. I also do layouts. So that makes 2 projects @ the same time now. Wish me luck.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Hello dear dear friends, I have been very very busy. I have not worked on any scrappy stuff. I have been house hunting mostly. Trying to go through stuff in the house. I have been having migraines almost daily but they are gone now. I am so glad!!! I just invited my bff to crop at As today or tomorrow.
I sure hope she can go. I have not worked on my moon page but I am going to get my stuff ready to take.
I hope she can go.
what are you guys doing?

Glad your migraines have let up. I used to get them and I know they aren't fun! Hope you find a place to live that you'll really be able to enjoy. It's too bad you have to do it, but hopefully you'll get through it all soon.

Enjoy working on your moon LO. I hope your friend will be able to go with you & you can have a fun day.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi everyone, My friend & I did got cropping at one of the few scrap stores left. We had so much fun. WE also went out to lunch. I totally relaxed. lol While we were in the restaurant,I got a migraine again. Luckily it was when we were done. We were going to go back yesterday but I still had it. Dave made a very good point.... it is probably caused by stress of the death, his surgery & moving.
I HAVE GREAT NEWS THOUGH... we are getting a smaller house probably. I was sad about not having a yard at all. We will be moving into a 3 bedroom not 2. That was making me sad to not have a place where we can have people over for a cookout. LOts of the condos do not have yard space or patio space either. I didn't want to not take my Moms patio table & all her plants. Some plants are from my gr gr grandparents. I was sad about losing them. I feel great about that.
I hope you all know that I am not mad at Dave because we have to move. I think you all know that he is the love of my life & I would never hesitate to move because of his medical issues.

I do not have a headache at the moment. I am getting out the moon page again. I would love to finish it today!

I will answer the rest of your posts in a bit.

Edited by anda11 on 07-14-12 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Linda, how is the move going? Everything still going on schedule, more or less? I am so sorry you have to go through all that.

Speaking of weather, it's been over 100 here almost every day, and 2 days ago the A/C in my truck decided to stop working. The hubster is outside working on it right now. He has taken the entire dashboard off and the radio and everything. This truck is my "baby" and this is the first time it has ever needed any work done to it. I don't know why but it's making me very nervous. I know, it's a small pity thing compared to the real problems everyone has, but still

I am spending lots of time house hunting. It is on track. I sure hope he doesn't do anything bad to your baby. I love my van. I would feel the same way as you. I am sure you are extra stressed right now with all you have been through.
((((HUGS)))))

Resident
In response to MrsD2008

sending you huge hugs and hope that you settle into your new home and find happiness there.

i am working on a mini manilla folder album for my daughers upcoming engagment, its an engagement planner...so she can keep all the organisation and planning in one spot.

i also just started my BOM.

and i am gathering bits and pieces for a medieval themed album for a friend, she is making me a wooden treasure chest and i am making her the album !!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics