Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to dee.is.me

I'm trying to use up all my die cuts some are made from Cricut and others are my own design but i have container after container of them and need to use them up so I am finding ways to make them work.

I don't want to throw them out and just start over again because it's like throwing money away so I let my creative jucies flow as they may.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

hi everyone, I tried to force my self to work on my page but I couldn't. I feel better today so I am going to try & finish the moon page. My friend & I are going to go crop again on Weds so I am very glad. I do need the scrappy therapy. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have gotten one of the mats punched. I am now punching the other one. Then I can attach them to the page.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

Hi Linda,

I haven't been around lately with having a busy summer and just trying to keep up with my card making club. I have to finish the last 3 altered altoid tins for our "think outside the box" challenge that we are exchanging tomorrow night.

Scrap therapy is good for the soul. Hope all is well. As always, can't wait to see your latest LO.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Hi Linda,

I haven't been around lately with having a busy summer and just trying to keep up with my card making club. I have to finish the last 3 altered altoid tins for our "think outside the box" challenge that we are exchanging tomorrow night.

Scrap therapy is good for the soul. Hope all is well. As always, can't wait to see your latest LO.

Hi Peg, I know you are probably very busy this summer. I am glad you are able to scrap though.
I just came out to adhere the mats & pic

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to anda11

I'm planning on scrapbooking a really special pic of my mom...I'm having a hard time committing though! Sometimes it seems like when I have an extra special picture I have a hard time scrapbooking it...I guess maybe I think the page won't live up to how special the pic is to me...

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to anda11

I have extra time for scrapping in the summer which is awesome! I have been working on a bunch of layouts, getting them all "ready" to be scrapped. Tonight I spent time working on my journaling for layouts of our fun at a nearby lake and for layouts from a trip we took to Savannah,Georgia. The pictures from the lake came out so great! I have been so excited to scrap them. I found a great line of paper that they just go perfect with! I am hoping to have a scrapping get together next week to get all the layouts completed! Happy scrapping everyone!
Check out the awesome line of paper I used for the lake layouts...

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to pugs223

Hi Pugs223-The altered altoid tins sound cool! Do you have any pics so I could check them out? I'd like to try a project like that! Thanks.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
Hi Pugs223-The altered altoid tins sound cool! Do you have any pics so I could check them out? I'd like to try a project like that! Thanks.

I will be taking pics. I just thought of it this morning after having them all bagged up for the recipients that I didn't take pics yet (I try to take pics of all of my work). I'll let you know when I get them uploaded.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Ok, I tried to embed a few pics here of the altered altoid tins but it wasn't letting me. So there are some pics in my gallery of the tins (not trolling for comments, just want to share).

This is the site I used for a guide

http://sarahsinkspot.com/blog/altered-altoid-t in-album

I did not paint my tins. I used Mod Podge and picked papers that coordinated with the tins I bought

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-18-12 01:31 PM
In response to pugs223

I haven't had as much forum time as I like, so it's been really hard to keep up.

I finished sorting and editing photos for my wedding album- FINALLY. I ended up with just over 400. Is that a lot for a wedding album?

Well I have been having a hard time finding any printers around here who do a decent job. I vowed never to print at Ritz/Wolf Camera, CVS, or Walgreens. Now I can add Walmart to my list. 400+ pictures all printed crooked. It must be their machine because they said they ran out of paper in the middle of my job and they had to reload the machine, so I know it wasn't just the paper being in crooked. And out of 400, I don't know how they didn't notice the white at the bottom of every single one. Of course I'll go return them for a full refund, but it's still an annoyance.

But yesterday I uploaded them to Costco and picked them up today. They came out BEAUTIFULLY!!! I'm so happy with them! I hope to be able to work on this album this weekend.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello my dearest friends, My good friend called today & invited me to crop This eve. WE had such fun. I am 95% done with one of the moon pages. I found the cutest brads to add to them. :)
I am planning on finishing them up tomorrow. What are you guys doing?

I started migraines in my teens. Always severe & had to use imitrex self inject shots cause there was nothing else. I got a women dr yrs later who told me they were hormonal & we figured out my triggers so I prevented them for yrs thankfully. Since I am older now, they are not severe anymore. Maybe a 3 or 4 pain level compared to my old ones. I have been able to watch tv & be on computer around lights which I used to have to go in a dark room with no sound. I do not get spots anymore. I don't throw up anymore. The over the counter pills have been working until last month.I didn't even know they make Imitrex pills. I have some now. They used to work. I hope they still do. I have another pill if they don't. He gave me another pill that will prevent them. Inderal I think it was. He agreed that I was under huge stress right now.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to anda11

My son went to his fathers for his 2 week summer visit so I said I was going to get some scrapbooking done. After looking at things for a week finally in the last 4 days or so I got 11 new two page layouts done!

Some lo's had been sitting in my page planner portfolio thing for 6 years! They aren't my best work but those 3 lo's are done!

Wish I had got more done.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
My son went to his fathers for his 2 week summer visit so I said I was going to get some scrapbooking done. After looking at things for a week finally in the last 4 days or so I got 11 new two page layouts done!

Some lo's had been sitting in my page planner portfolio thing for 6 years! They aren't my best work but those 3 lo's are done!

Wish I had got more done.

I am so glad you had all that extra time to work on stuff. I am glad you got that many new ones done! WHOOHOO Don't feel bad... I have pages sitting in my drawers that are not done & I started them years ago.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
I haven't had as much forum time as I like, so it's been really hard to keep up.

I finished sorting and editing photos for my wedding album- FINALLY. I ended up with just over 400. Is that a lot for a wedding album?

Well I have been having a hard time finding any printers around here who do a decent job. I vowed never to print at Ritz/Wolf Camera, CVS, or Walgreens. Now I can add Walmart to my list. 400+ pictures all printed crooked. It must be their machine because they said they ran out of paper in the middle of my job and they had to reload the machine, so I know it wasn't just the paper being in crooked. And out of 400, I don't know how they didn't notice the white at the bottom of every single one. Of course I'll go return them for a full refund, but it's still an annoyance.

But yesterday I uploaded them to Costco and picked them up today. They came out BEAUTIFULLY!!! I'm so happy with them! I hope to be able to work on this album this weekend.

Don't feel bad.. I haven't had much forum time either due to house hunting. I am sorry that you had a problem when they developed your wedding pics. I am very glad you found Costco & are happy! I am glad they came out beautiful. I have never made a wedding album but I love having tons of pics from a very special day. Do not feel bad.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to nrskrs

• nrskrs Said:
I'm planning on scrapbooking a really special pic of my mom...I'm having a hard time committing though! Sometimes it seems like when I have an extra special picture I have a hard time scrapbooking it...I guess maybe I think the page won't live up to how special the pic is to me...

That sounds like fun. I totally understand what you mean. I used to think that way & then I realized that every pic & memory of my mom are very very special to me. I am making these pages with love & they could not be bad when done because of that.

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to anda11

Very true!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to nrskrs

• nrskrs Said:
Very true!

I din't mean to say that all of your pics were not special. I just meant that we put such stress into ourselves when making these pages. I know my mom would love any single page I made about anything.
That is what I was trying to say.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am hoping to finish my moon pages now. Dishes were calling my name but now I am scrapping.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to anda11

Linda, sorry to that you have to sell your childhood home. When our parents retired (about 20 years ago)they sold our childhood house. Even though all 5 of us kids were out on our own, we couldn't stand the thought of them selling our home... Now both my parents are gone and us kids are selling their home they had built when Dad retired....now the Grandkids (all out on their own as well) are saying, "NO you can't sell Grandma and Papa's home! Well, we've had that house on the market for a year now....and it still hasn't sold...It is a beautiful home in a gated community with golf course, lake, and country club.... It's the economy...

ANYWHOOO!...I've been scrapping today...just completed one earlier today...now on to another one before I have to start dinner...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics