Username Post: fussy cutting scissors        (Topic#1576893)
Expert

What scissors do you all like for fussy cutting? I tried with my small scissors but it was a disaster! I was cutting out some stamped images and they really don't look very well. Any recommendations for me?

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to deedee49

I use Cutterbees. The thing that works best for me is to move the paper and not the scissors and to try to not open and close the scissors more than necessary...do one long cut while moving the paper around.

Also, if you check the sewing/quilting and embroidery aisles of the craft stores, you can find some pretty tiny scissors that work great for really intricate cutting. I have,also, used some cuticle scissors that have curved blades to do cutting of small items that have curves that need cut..like if I were cutting out a dogwood blossom, those would be what I would pick up to do a lot of the cutting.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to deedee49

Another thing--I learned decades ago , when I was an OR nurse, hold the scissors with your thumb in the top hole but your 4th finger in the bottom hole and the bottom blade somewhat resting on your index finger. It will give you more control of the scissors as you cut and as stated above, try not to take too many quick tiny cuts but rather longer cuts. I also love my cutterbees.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Unique scrapper

I use Fiskars microtip scissors. I LOVE them! My hands don't get sore and they are truly ambidextrous.

Cindy
Products Referenced in This Post:

gine
gine 
Veteran
gine
  • gine on 05-27-12 10:28 AM
In response to cindy312

I use the Cutterbees too =)

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to gine

Something I've found out. While I love my TH Tonic scissors, they are not that good for fussy cutting. I also use the cutterbe's for that. I used to have pair of embroidery scissors that were great, but they ran away somewhere.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to deedee49

I do lots of fussy cutting. I use the same gray Fiskars softouch microtip as above. They are spring loaded & my hands never hurt after fussy cutting with these. I have had them for yrs & still do not get pain when I cut because there are no handles. especially tinay handles. lol

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to anda11

I use a tiny Husqvarna scissors. They are normally used to cut tiny threads but I use them for the fussy cutting and 3D, not sure if there is a difference in that as it both requires the fussy cutting. I've had them for years, not sure if the same ones are still around.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to TheCharmedOne

I alternate between the straight blade and weRm precision chisel tip scissors.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to deedee49

Fiskars Softouch Micro Tip scissors are my favorite. The tip is sharp and gets into tight spots, and the handles are easy to control and comfortable for longer projects.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Luvmyfam

I've just used curved-tip manicure scissors.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to aquabunny

I use these. Love the fact that they are Teflon coated so it's easy to wipe sticky stuff off them too.
Honey Bee Scissors (Discontinued)

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to RedSquirrel

I love my Honey Bees! I love them for cutting/trimming adhesives.

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to NMlady

Singer Professional Series Detail Scissors 4-1/2''-W/NANO Tip. I hust got these at wal-mart and I really like them!! They are reakky sharp and small.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics