Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Help! Border Sticker Storage        (Topic#1576929)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

Hi all,

I'm rearranging my scrap room/office, and the one thing that I really can't find a great (or even good) storage solution for is border stickers. Any solutions?

Thanks!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-27-12 05:19 PM
In response to LesleyC

For all the long things like border stickers and Sizzix strip dies, I love document storage boxes, they're 9-something inches by 13-something inches and 2" high. Container Store has a great selection, and Ikea always has some options as well.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to stick

I use Pringles cans.

Expert
In response to jaspernonyx

I have mine in one of those 12x12 cases..they fit in there fine..

Resident
In response to LesleyC

I bought a long 12-14 inches by 5 inches (approx size) container at Hobby Lobby that is perfect for the borders. It was right next to the Jet Max type cubes where the small plastic containers are located. I bought it 9 months or so ago and I think it was $5.99.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to stvmom2

Are Pringles cans 12" tall?? That's genius!

I use clear Sterlite storage drawers. My drawers are a bit bigger than 12x12. I don't have a lot of borders, though, so I hate wasting extra space when something smaller would work (like a Pringle can).

Heather N
Expert
Heather N
In response to Luvmyfam

I bought off of Ebay a vintage wood box that used to hold wrenches. It is 14 inches long so it's perfect for my boarder stickers.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to Luvmyfam

The Pringles cans are a great idea! I have a couple of CM sticker binders and they have storage sheets for border stickers - I just use those.

Jen

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to JenKoss

Wow, lots of awesome ideas! Thank you all. I'll report what I ended up getting...

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to LesleyC

I store mine in an clear plastic bin but I've seen them stored in a binder too, if you have a lot of them.....
Alison
Products Referenced in This Post:
PSB Binder - Black/Navy (Discontinued)

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to kiyawinn

Here's an idea: Get some 12" x 12" clear plastic envelopes. Put some adhesive strips or dots from top to bottom to separate the envelope into sections, wide enough to fit the borders. Then you can slip the borders into the sections. You could even use empty scrapbook pages and store the borders in an extra scrapbook. That would make it easy to find and select the one you want to use.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Solitaire

I store my borders, by category, in iris cases,along with paper and diecuts of the same category.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
Here's an idea: Get some 12" x 12" clear plastic envelopes. Put some adhesive strips or dots from top to bottom to separate the envelope into sections, wide enough to fit the borders. Then you can slip the borders into the sections. You could even use empty scrapbook pages and store the borders in an extra scrapbook. That would make it easy to find and select the one you want to use.

Solitaire, have you actually done this? I would think that the border stickers would get stuck to the adhesive.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Luvmyfam

I've run plastic pockets through the sewing machine to section them off before. That works. I'm sure it would work with page protectors too if you wanted exactly 12"x12".

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to RedSquirrel

The Pringles can is a great idea, but I did find a cheap plastic spaghetti storage jar at the Dollar Store that works even better because it's clear.

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson
In response to dwelch

LOVE these ideas!! I was having the same problem for storing them. Thanks!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
The Pringles can is a great idea, but I did find a cheap plastic spaghetti storage jar at the Dollar Store that works even better because it's clear.

Freaking brilliant!!

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29
In response to LesleyC

thanks for this thread! I am reorganizing and this was one of my issues as well!

Resident
In response to Luvmyfam

Hobby Lobby has a great plastic sterlite type container that is perfect. Its about 12 inches long and 5-6 inches wide. I have been meaning to get a second one. Works perfect. Back in the container section by scrapbook section.

Tenant
In response to stvmom2

I use cheap underwear hangers that are designed to go on clotheslines, they're hanging from a beam in my craftroom. There's pics in my gallery

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics