Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What supply do you still wish you had bought?        (Topic#1577017)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

For years I had wanted these little Junkitz summer buttons. They are these little acrylic tiles/buttons. For over 5 years I had wanted them and finally somebody on ebay had them super cheap.

So I finally bought them and was wondering what you had always wanted to buy but didn't when it first came out?

I had always wanted to buy that sizzix personal die cutter. It got such horrible reviews and now i'm so glad I didn't buy it. It was that red/pink and white one.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Cindyckj

Nothing really...maybe the vagabond?? I really don't see the need for it though. Perhaps someone could help me understand (enable) the need of it???

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to HisGEM

I only have one die cut machine and it is the Vagabond. I love it! Two years ago I broke my right wrist and being able to push a button instead of cranking was important. I keep it out in the dining room, where I scrap, so it looks adorable with its vintage stickers and no one knows it's a die cut machine. It cuts through chipboard so for my purposes it's a perfect fit!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to theellenbee

Um, I buy what I want. Which explains my overly full mess of a craft space and lack of money in the bank.

Since my DD was born my spending has gone WAY down but so has my crafting. I'm trying really hard to burn thru my stash.

Cindy - what do you use those buttons on? I bought a bunch (because they were on clearance and I liked them) but have yet to use them on ANYTHING, 3 years later.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to theellenbee

Gotta be the Slice. I got a Silhouette instead, so that I could cut my own files. But I love the idea of being able to cut anywhere on the paper - WYSIWYG with a Slice.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Seaexplore

• Seaexplore Said:
Um, I buy what I want. Which explains my overly full mess of a craft space and lack of money in the bank.
Since my DD was born my spending has gone WAY down but so has my crafting. I'm trying really hard to burn thru my stash.

Cindy - what do you use those buttons on? I bought a bunch (because they were on clearance and I liked them) but have yet to use them on ANYTHING, 3 years later.

LOL, this is me too

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to HisGEM

I wish I had known about the Crop in Style P3 when it was still being made. I would love this tote for going to crops/retreats. I've only seen it on ebay a few times and it's way too expensive.

I also would love to have many of the discontinued Basic Grey, Echo Park, Bo Bunny paper lines.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
I had always wanted to buy that sizzix personal die cutter. It got such horrible reviews and now i'm so glad I didn't buy it. It was that red/pink and white one.

Um, who was giving the Big Shot/Big Kick bad reviews? It's pretty great if manual die-cutting is your thing.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I really regret not getting SCAL when it was available to use with the Cricut. I really with I had subscribed to SCAL when I got my Cricut.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
I really regret not getting SCAL when it was available to use with the Cricut. I really with I had subscribed to SCAL when I got my Cricut.

Ditto to this

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to mstasha

I finally bought a Quickutz Squeeze and some dies because they were SUPER cheap on Ebay. (Used dies are even more UNBELIEVABLY CHEAP! I even got a few dies at the LSS for 80% off!)
I got everything AFTER I bought my cricut and had been scrapping for over 10 years.
Now when I need to make a quick card, I grab my squeeze and my scraps.(That has a nice ring to it.)
Can I show off a few cards?
PS and I got some embossing plates too. They were something like $10 for 5 (on Ebay). How can you beat that!

Products Referenced in This Post:

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I have two things actually....

2 albums by K&Company. One is a 8x8 white wedding album and the other is the Oldtimer's Car album.
I go to an Oldtimer's Day every year with me son and I want to make him an album about it.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to TheCharmedOne

I think the only thing for me is patterned paper that I should have bought more of....I'm learning tho! Now, when I really love a paper, I buy a bunch of it so when it's gone, I still have my stash....there's a Fancy Pants hearts one that I wish I had more of...sigh!

Gelidy Gelato....Funny, I just sold my Quickutz Squeeze in a sale for $2! Don't use it anymore since I got my BigShot...still use the dies, though.

Alison

Edited by kiyawinn on 05-30-12 08:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson
In response to kiyawinn

Mine is adhesive letters. I always buy two pkgs of the ones that I LOVE but then I don't use them right away. By the time I do, they are out of print -- Thank Goodness for Ebay!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to dlanvinson

Mine is certain papers or embellies. I really need to start using my stash, as my room is becoming quite crowded for my liking. LOL

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-30-12 10:27 AM
In response to momma paparazzi

The TH limited edition Fall ink pads. Didn't think I wanted them, saw them for MONTHS at a local craft store. Recently decided I really did want them, and even though I swear I've seen them somewhere recently I can't find them. I did get the reinkers so all is not lost

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to stick

I wish I'd gotten spellbinders before I did,,,,,I really put off buying those,,,,,

and I wish I'd gotten copics long before I did,,,,,,,

but I got them eventually anyway LOL

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to CommaHolly

I wish I had purchased a nice cabinet/work area. I kept adding photo boxes and assorted plastic bins. It's so eclectic it looks yucky. I don't have a good eye for organizing so I don't know a way to make my area attractive. I will never be able to afford a scrapbox nor would I ever be able to assemble it all. Bottom line... wish I had purchased nice white shelving or cabinets.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I wish I had realized how much better D-ring albums were than postbound albums before I had bought about 20 of them...that are sitting empty. I'm a thick embellisher as a rule and I know I cannot fit many pages into the postbound because of that unless I want to add post extenders etc which from my reading doesn't look like a stable way to go. I had bought a ton of scrapping supplies before I had even started my first page, including most of these albums, which are mostly themed, so I guess now I'll just use them for special occasions where I will have maybe only 10-12 pages or so.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Seaexplore

• Seaexplore Said:

Guess I better figure that out. So maybe some flower centers. Now i'll have to go buy some paper to match them. lol I'm enabling my self!

• aquabunny Said:
  • Cindyckj Said:

Um, who was giving the Big Shot/Big Kick bad reviews? It's pretty great if manual die-cutting is your thing.

The one i'm talking about was the one that came out right before the cricut I think and at the time they had only come out with the manual cutters like the red and white one and the sidekick. The one i'm talking about had cartridges and books and people complained about the size and were really dissappointed with the sticky pad that came out with it.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics