Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Am I Missing Something?        (Topic#1577023)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to grandmamichelf

• grandmamichelf Said:
It's funny that this topic should come up. I was using my blending tool yesterday. Without thinking about it, I pulled the sponge up and went to replace it with a different sponge. My velcro thing had disappeared. I looked for 20 minutes before I called in my DH and DD. We looked for another 20 minutes before my DD picked up the discarded sponge and said "Mom, it's here. Dork!" Seriously, I'm not ever going to ask them for help again.

LOL!!! Kids are something, aren't they? I don't have any, but they would sure come in handy when I'm searching for stuff!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:
I changed out my velcro to a lighter weight one that didn't grab so hard. I love my blender!

I think I'll try this. I've already got some at home that I can use.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to terrihooper

I've used the 'staple the velcro to the base' tip too and it works fine.

I have one of those holder/spinner thingies for holding eight blender tools and I have one blender tool I sit on top of it for blending my alcohol inks. I really want to buy another holder/spinner thingy since I have 30 distress ink pads (they sell the holder here too), but don't have the desk space to hold two UNLESS I can remove the top that screws off and screw on another unit right on top of it, omiting the base, just adding the post. It looks like it could work and then you'd have a double decker.

Does anyone know for sure if that is possible???

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to kygirlnfla

So you use a separate tool for each color?

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to flintridgescrapper

I don't (if what you mean by each color as...broken china or faded jeans or chipped sapphire...all those would get one blender to share since they are all blue), I just keep within a range, like all my blues on one blender and all my greens on another etc, but it would be nice to have a double decker spinner and be able to not worry about the colors mingling too much. I just always press out the color on my blender on scrap paper if the next color I'm using is much darker or lighter. I would find it a real pain to change them out all the time.

New Kid On the Block

Sheila stamp racks are available in multi levels! You can see examples here:

*Edited per board rules. No links please.

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 06-01-12 04:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to 2manycritters2littletime

WOW...thanks for the link to the site. I never imagined seeing them that held that many blenders....cool!!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I have the blending tool, and I also use make-up sponges. I also use make-up sponges when I am using walnut inks or mists. For example, I wanted to apply the sunflower mist to just the frame of a die cut, I sprayed on my glass....then applied it with the sponge. Does that make sense? It makes the mist have a totally different thing going on.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to 2manycritters2littletime

• 2manycritters2littletime Said:
Sheila stamp racks are available in multi levels! You can see examples here:

*Edited per board rules. No links please.

Bummer you don't know the link....I put it in my favorites before it was deleted so I do. From the looks of the units they showed on that site, I would say yes...you can add two blender stands together double decker style if you bought two units from here. I'll let you know when I try it if it works.

Ranger Ink - Inkssentials - Craft Spinner for Ink Blending Tools

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Oh, my goodness! I had a blonde moment!!!! The product I linked in the 1st post is not what I had. I thought there was only one kind of blender. What I actually had was the alcohol ink blending felt pads. I feel like a dunce....no wonder they were tearing when I pulled them off the applicator!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

I found it easier to put a small dot of velcro on each pad and then have a blender for each pad It is easier for me this way and it fits my DIY storage too.

http://www.corriescrafts.blogspot.ca/2012/03/distress-i...

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to CorrieW

I don't have the room to keep a shading tool for each color I use the same one over and over until i think it's served it's use.

in my defense of this i have created some awesome affects doing this.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-23-12 01:12 PM
In response to cescrapper

Having a separate blender foam for each and every color just seems like total overkill to me. But it's the way I use them, I guess - I don't like pristine single colors, I generally use more than one color together to add a little more depth and complexity.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics