Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Your best garage/yard sale scrapbooking finds?        (Topic#1577041)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Cindyckj

The only time I find scrapbooking stuff at garage sales is when my LSS has its annual sale! (Coming up, by the way! Woohoo!)

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to dwelch

I've never been to a garage sale. It's not such a big thing where I live, although I could definitely hold one right now - we have too much stuff!

My big worry would be whether the sellers had cats. Both DH and I are just so allergic to cats that we wouldn't be able to have anything in the house that had previously belonged to a cat owner. That sucks.

MsBree
MsBree 
Tenant
MsBree
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I went for a walk one day and found there was a block garage sale going on - came across a lady who had owned a scrap booking store and closed it down - I was in BARGAIN heaven! My best find in there and one I use constantly was a corner cutter.

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson
In response to MsBree

I never seem to be able to find scrapbook stuff at garage sales. I find a lot at thrift stores.

I've even had to start being very picky about what I buy there because I have so much. But if it's really cheap, I buy it anyway for my nieces to play with.

Twice a year our thrift stores have a $4 bag sale and I find a lot of cool buttons/ribbon/embellies on clothing that I strip off and use on layouts.

I LOVE going to thrift stores because you never know What you are going to find.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to Cindyckj

Hi! I live in Springfield and yes both Js closed only to make way for a new bigger and better. It is in the old circuit city. It is really nice has has some much more crafting stuff than the old ones. Check it out. It is too bad about about scrapbook your story. I liked that store.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mollydog

• mollydog Said:
Hi! I live in Springfield and yes both Js closed only to make way for a new bigger and better. It is in the old circuit city. It is really nice has has some much more crafting stuff than the old ones. Check it out. It is too bad about about scrapbook your story. I liked that store.

Oh heck I thought the old circuit city was a car dealer. lol

Being a bit north of springfield scrapbook your story was about a 45 min drive it seemed and it just seemed like they always had the same old stuff. One time I asked on one of her fb posts about getting something and got my head bit off by the owner so I never went back. I was pretty upset over that. But i'm absolutely loving the new store and their customer service is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Thanks for the heads up on the new J's I'll have to go check it out

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics